365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is running Chicago?

+7
JohnP
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
Chris M
amyjoann
Dave-O
Jeff F
11 posters

Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Who is running Chicago?

Post  Jeff F Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:47 am

So, who is running Chicago? I am volunteering at the first water station and I want to know who I should be looking for in the crowd.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Posts : 299
Points : 4637
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Dave-O Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:59 am

I am. Bib 180. Will have on the orange/yellow singlet in my avatar.
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6359
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  amyjoann Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:16 pm

I will also be at mile 5 water station is that the one you will be at?
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Posts : 222
Points : 4621
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 55
Location : Crown Point IN

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Jeff F Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am

No, it is between mile 1 and 2.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Posts : 299
Points : 4637
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Chris M Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 am

I'm running it but I can't figure out how to look up my bib number. I can confirm my registration but it just lists a long registration number. But I'll look for you and stop on by for a drink of water.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1061
Points : 5624
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 54
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  fostever Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:57 am

Bib#1, oh wait, 1635, it's not just the 1st number. Are we having any get together?
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1572
Points : 8356
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 64
Location : Chicago

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  fostever Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:59 am

Chris M wrote:I'm running it but I can't figure out how to look up my bib number. I can confirm my registration but it just lists a long registration number. But I'll look for you and stop on by for a drink of water.
You should have received your confirmation booklet over 1 week ago with the # on the back and corral assignment.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1572
Points : 8356
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 64
Location : Chicago

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm

fostever wrote:Are we having any get together?

That's a good question! Are we?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1125
Points : 5679
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Dave-O Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:

That's a good question! Are we?

Mos Def!

I propose a dinner Friday night. I'll be happy to try and organize. La Scarola again?

Then I will be at Sweetwater as always afterwards. I am going to call ahead this year and try to reserve one of those long high tops. Either way I should be one of the first ones there when the doors open at 11.
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6359
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

That's a good question! Are we?

Mos Def!

I propose a dinner Friday night. I'll be happy to try and organize. La Scarola again?

Then I will be at Sweetwater as always afterwards. I am going to call ahead this year and try to reserve one of those long high tops. Either way I should be one of the first ones there when the doors open at 11.

La Scarola! I think that should be the place bounce

Of course we'll be at Sweetwater as well, seeing as that has become tradition Very Happy Yes, reserving a long high top would definitely be a great idea!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1125
Points : 5679
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Chris M Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Dave-O wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

That's a good question! Are we?

Mos Def!

I propose a dinner Friday night. I'll be happy to try and organize. La Scarola again?

Then I will be at Sweetwater as always afterwards. I am going to call ahead this year and try to reserve one of those long high tops. Either way I should be one of the first ones there when the doors open at 11.

La Scarola! I think that should be the place bounce

Of course we'll be at Sweetwater as well, seeing as that has become tradition Very Happy Yes, reserving a long high top would definitely be a great idea!



I'm in OF COURSE for Sweetwater. I enjoy that part sooooo much more than the race! I don't arrive until Saturday midday, though, so I'm out for Friday dinner.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1061
Points : 5624
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 54
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Chris M wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Dave-O wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:

That's a good question! Are we?

Mos Def!

I propose a dinner Friday night. I'll be happy to try and organize. La Scarola again?

Then I will be at Sweetwater as always afterwards. I am going to call ahead this year and try to reserve one of those long high tops. Either way I should be one of the first ones there when the doors open at 11.

La Scarola! I think that should be the place bounce

Of course we'll be at Sweetwater as well, seeing as that has become tradition Very Happy Yes, reserving a long high top would definitely be a great idea!



I'm in OF COURSE for Sweetwater. I enjoy that part sooooo much more than the race! I don't arrive until Saturday midday, though, so I'm out for Friday dinner.

Kristina says, "I can't wait to meet you Uncle Chris!" Smile
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1125
Points : 5679
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 46
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  JohnP Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm in for dinner. WIll probably stop at Sweetwaters afterwards for a beer.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1226
Points : 6138
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:55 pm

JohnP wrote:I'm in for dinner. WIll probably stop at Sweetwaters afterwards for a beer.

or 2 or 3 or 4 ????
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2172
Points : 7366
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 51
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Jeff F Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:55 am

I won't be coming to the city until Saturday, so I will have to pass on Friday dinner. However, I will stop by Sweetwater and since my volunteer shift ends at 9:30 I can be there with Dave when they open at 11:00.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Posts : 299
Points : 4637
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  fostever Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 am

I'm in for both, it was delicious last year!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1572
Points : 8356
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 64
Location : Chicago

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  JohnP Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Schuey wrote:
JohnP wrote:I'm in for dinner. WIll probably stop at Sweetwaters afterwards for a beer.

or 2 or 3 or 4 ????

At least 2! The beer in the finishing chute is usually not cold enough for me.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1226
Points : 6138
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Chris M Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:53 pm

I figured out my number. A1853. Don't drink all the beers before I get to Sweetwater. Redskins vs Atlanta starting at 12 noon.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1061
Points : 5624
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 54
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Penelope Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm registered and planning to do it as a long run in preparation for New York City marathon. Goal is to do 20-21 miles and then done.

But, not-so-secretly, I HATE the idea of not finishing the race (I am not at all trained to finish and will not have tapered). Part of me is thinking of doing 22 miles and then doing a walk 5 min/run 5 min deal for the last 4 miles just because I want that medal and to be able to wear my shirt later. Well, really because I'm a hopeless perfectionist beyond reform. Every long run I do, I have to convince myself not to risk getting injured just to finish Chicago when I've got New York a few weeks later.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Posts : 412
Points : 5125
Join date : 2011-06-22
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  dot520 Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 pm

I'll be there but probably won't be at Sweetwaters because by the time I get in it'll be 1:30 or so. Going to try to run with Barry, so those of you at water stops look for the duo. We'll be behind the 5:10 group leader...probably a few minutes.

Bib: 45092

What is up with that??? Am I really in the race? I'm 92 people beyond capacity. Never have I had such a high number and I registered early. Weird!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Posts : 780
Points : 5501
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 65
Location : Indy-sporting the cape of awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Barry W Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:20 am

I'm in! Bib number 48708. We'll look for you Jeff.
Barry W
Barry W
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 5
Points : 3851
Join date : 2012-07-26

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  JohnP Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:37 pm

I will try and look for you two at the two water stops but I know it is very difficult to see someone with a few seconds to look. I am bib #5001.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1226
Points : 6138
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Who is running Chicago? Empty Re: Who is running Chicago?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum