365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Default to race pace 1/2 marathon

3 posters

Go down

Default to race pace 1/2 marathon Empty Default to race pace 1/2 marathon

Post  fostever Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Oak Brook 1/2 Marathon Race Report.
OK this will be short. Looking to lower a PR. Felt like the training and fitness was right where it needed to be. Humidity at 7:00am start was 90+ % and got worse once we descended into the extremely hilly forest preserve canopy. Temps in the mid 70's increasing quickly. Went out at 6:48 pace and at mile 2 lost Garmin assistance right after mi 2 due to overloaded memory. Very annoying peeping until I got it turned off. I basically defaulted to a just faster than marathon pace run once I realized how difficult the course was, combined with the conditions. Did do some racing, trading positions with a group of about 5 or 6 runners until it all kind of sorted out. Came in @ 1:31:41 (7:00 pace) 29th overall, 2nd AG. About 2 min off PR so not as bad as I thought, but glad I backed off since my target race is coming in a month.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Default to race pace 1/2 marathon Empty Re: Default to race pace 1/2 marathon

Post  Schuey Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Well all things concerned it turned out to be a good day for you Steve. Nice effort! Yes it was hot and sticky today, when I went out to run it was 86 dew point of 70! Man what a summer it has been.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Hopefully the heat and humidity will be gone when you line up next month. Great job.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down