365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm back - seriously this time!

+12
Dave-O
Michael Mitchell
Mark B
fostever
Joel H
KathyK
T Miller
Mike MacLellan
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Mrs. Schuey
Erin
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm back - seriously this time! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm back - seriously this time!

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Sorry after watching him at Georgia for three years, I must admit that he performed way better than I expected last year. For Detroit's sake, I hope you are right, Erin.

Have you ever tried those Thermacare neck wraps - I've used them and they worked for me.

Good luck this weekend.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I'm back - seriously this time! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm back - seriously this time!

Post  mountandog Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Erin wrote:Hi Mike! Nice to meet a new friend. I do hope I can find time for marathon training - running in the winter down here is just too awesome to waste!!

Rest day for me today.

BUT... It's the first day of Spartan football! Those of you know me know I am a huge Michigan State fan (I went to vet school there). Those of you who don't - I'm a little crazy about football Laughing Any football discussions welcomed here! Whit and I actually got a babysitter and are headed out to watch the game tonight.

Then glorious College Football Saturday Smile My alma mater Miami of Ohio plays Ohio State which never goes well for us but will be fun to watch on TV regardless.

One of my daughter's first words was touchdown. And she asks to watch Game Day. I think we're doing something right cheers

HI Erin - new introduction here/ Good luck on getting back to the routine. My wife had 6 kids (with me too) and I understand completely how your life is turned upside down. Oh....and on Oct 20th: GO BLUE!!!
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 am

Good luck this weekend, Erin! Enjoy the Sherpa-ing!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Sorry to hear about the neck issues. I hope the sherpaing went well. I didn't see anything on facebook about it but I may have missed it. Hope you are doing well.

EDIT: Just saw on facebook that you finished. Of course us runners need more details....please!!
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by!

The race this weekend was fun, but completely different than we expected. My friend picked this race out and billed it to me as "mostly roads, with a little trail, not too hilly". Wow, that was about as wrong as you get. The first mile was road, everything else was trail. And not easy trail. Lots of roots, loose gravel, tree dodging... And so very many hills. Our original goal was to run the whole race - that quickly went down the drain as we saw what we were expected to climb up and down. Some walking was done, but we ran the vast majority. And honestly, once we let go of any worries about time, we had a lot of fun! It was a small race and very well organized, although they could have used a few more aid stations. I had also forgotten to bring Gu with me - I usually eat one during a half - but they had bananas and orange slices at the aid stations which supplemented nicely.

The race also benefitted the Police Benevolent Foundation which we felt really good about supporting.

Time was super slow - my slowest half by about 25 minutes - and isn't worth mentioning.

Now on to the serious stuff! Jumping in to Hal's intermediate half marathon program at week 4!!
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:26 am

"First" run of a new cycle - always a good day Smile I say "first" because I'm jumping into this one at week 4. Went well although I am still sore from Saturday. 3.5 miles at 10:30 pace. Nice and relaxed. I am NOT enjoying that the humidity has returned - really loved it last week when that crap was gone!!
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:28 am

Hi Erin! Welcome back! I haven't posted on my blog here for awhile...I lurk around a lot though! Best of luck with training! My grandson is about Abbey's age--he was born 4.29.10.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:36 am

Peg - Hi! Abby was born 3.29 - exactly a month apart!

1st speedwork of the cycle today. Luckily residual mountain climbing soreness is gone so I felt good. But I have always hated running in the morning for a reason. My body is tight in the morning and doesn't ever want to run fast. I usually have my best faster runs midday or at night. Oh well - it was the time I had so off I went...

I haven't done a tempo run in oh... about 3 years. I used to be able to do them pretty well by feel but it is obvious after this one that I have to go back to my original crutch - 1/2 mile splits on the Garmin. This was more of a fartlek run than anything. I was running with just my iPhone - my "iPod" since my last iPod went through the wash - and it just doesn't give me the pace feedback I need. So next time, the Garmin will come. 35 min, 3.61 miles, 9:42/mile ave.

I am starting to think about goal pace for this half. I ran last years in 2:09 which felt pretty comfortable at the time, but I know I will be in better shape this time. I am considering a 2:04/2:05 time goal, which would be about a 9:30 pace. My PR is a 1:58, but that was pre baby and I trained my butt off for that race. I don't think I would hold up to that type of training for this one without getting hurt - just don't have the base yet.

In other good news, I think I have Whit convinced to let me run a spring marathon! Now just have to decide which one...
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Ak - have been gone over a week! Sorry y'all! Running has been going fine but life otherwise has been incredibly hectic! All good stuff though... Regardless, on to the running...

9/20 3 miles easy 10:20 pace
9/22 3 miles easy 10:33 pace
9/23 7 miles LSD 11:19 pace This run felt really good - finally got out with my running buddy again and the miles just flew by!
9/25 4 miles easy 10:12 pace
9/26 3 miles easy 9:58 pace (switched this with today's run because I was scared of doing a tempo...)
9/27 7x400 5K pace (4.5 miles total) First tempo run in forever - Garmin? Dead. Poor 305. He really needs replacement. Oh well. Did the best I could with my iPhone Nike app and perceived effort. So I don't have splits but I stuck pretty close to 9 min pace for the intervals. The distance was as least correct!! Felt pretty good actually - nice hard run. Shouldn't have been scared Smile
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  EugeneGreenie Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Nice job Erin on the speed work. I always dread intervals until they are done and then I am happy I did it. Makes you grow Smile

Keep up the great work!

E Greenie
EugeneGreenie
EugeneGreenie
Poster
Poster

http://traniningup.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2