365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fisher Fair 5K

Go down

Fisher Fair 5K Empty Fisher Fair 5K

Post  Jeff F Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:23 am

I decided earlier in the week that I would run this local 5K. A couple of my friends were running this as their first 5K so I wanted to show up t provide some support. I really don't like 5K races, they hurt too much.

I have been running only about 15-20 miles per week with no speed training so I had no idea what to expect. It was very warm with temps in the low 80's at the start. They gave me bib number 650 so I figured that was a good target pace; not good enough for a PR but still a respectable time.

I hit 6:50 right on for the first mile but lost some time in miles 2 and 3 for an overall time of 22:01. No one passed me in the last mile and I passed 1-2 runners so I feel like I still finished strong. Good enough for first in my AG. Good thing I stayed focused at the end as the other AG awards went to runners that were within 10 seconds.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down