365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my own 26.2

+6
Dave Bussard
Ben Z
Chris Coleman
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
wrichman
10 posters

Go down

my own 26.2 Empty my own 26.2

Post  wrichman Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm

I went out for 20 miles this morning, and felt great so ended up running 26.2 just because I felt like it. I am running Hawthorn Half Day 12 hr. in 2 weeks, so I guess it's a good distance training run. I thought about how many "unofficial" marathon-distance + runs I've done so far this year and figured it's probably 4, plus 2 "official" marathons, one 50k, and one 50 miler. Part of me has accepted that I'm a bit crazy. The other part of me thinks about other ultra runners I know, and thinks I'm quite tame. I'm now enjoying some wine. That is all. Shots
wrichman
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 245
Points : 4394
Join date : 2012-01-12
Location : Chicago, IL

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Mark B Sat May 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Nice run! I'm afraid there might be something wrong with me, but it didn't sound crazy at all! alien
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 8028
Points : 19172
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Alex Kubacki Sun May 27, 2012 7:39 am

Nice.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1252
Points : 5866
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Chris Coleman Sun May 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Crazy? Running is good. More running is better.
Chris Coleman
Chris Coleman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 211
Points : 4678
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 76
Location : Abu Dhabi

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Ben Z Wed May 30, 2012 5:54 pm

As long as you are recovering and/or not getting injured...and happy with your social life, I think it's AWESOME!

My problem is always dealing with the social aspects / loneliness as my mileage creeps up. I have yet to find someone willing to do weekly 18-22+ mile runs with me (and at or near my desired pace). Someday soon I hope!
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Posts : 698
Points : 5293
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bay Area

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Dave Bussard Wed May 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Yep, you're crazy. You earned your wine!
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Posts : 179
Points : 4570
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Northern IN

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  wrichman Wed May 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Ben Z wrote:As long as you are recovering and/or not getting injured...and happy with your social life, I think it's AWESOME!

My problem is always dealing with the social aspects / loneliness as my mileage creeps up. I have yet to find someone willing to do weekly 18-22+ mile runs with me (and at or near my desired pace). Someday soon I hope!

I'm recovering well and not getting injured (knock on some wood!). As far as my social life, I love running by myself - it's my escape from everything. I did sign up for a 12 hr. race in 2 weeks though, so my long runs will be put to some use.
wrichman
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 245
Points : 4394
Join date : 2012-01-12
Location : Chicago, IL

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  mountandog Wed May 30, 2012 10:18 pm

yup -- nuts!! like the rest of us. nuf said.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1398
Points : 7457
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 66
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Jerry Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:07 am

Jealous
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1006095
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:21 pm

Jerry wrote:Jealous

+1
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 13830
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 42
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Jeff F Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:02 pm

As I am writing this you are probably on your way to Terre Haute for the Hawthorn Half Day. I ran my 50 miler there last year, it is a great event. Have a great experience!
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Posts : 299
Points : 4635
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  wrichman Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Jeff F wrote:As I am writing this you are probably on your way to Terre Haute for the Hawthorn Half Day. I ran my 50 miler there last year, it is a great event. Have a great experience!

I was, Jeff. It was a long, hot, great day. 12 hours of running 7 am - 7pm. 90 degrees. I managed to run 66.5 miles to take 1st in my age group and 3rd place overall. I also broke the female course record, but this other AMAZING woman won the whole thing running 71.5 miles and breaking both the male and female course records!! We ran together for a bit and she's only been running ultras for 9 months. She pretty much wins every race she runs, and was 1st female Umstead 100. Not only that, but she's so nice and supportive. A true inspiration!
wrichman
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 245
Points : 4394
Join date : 2012-01-12
Location : Chicago, IL

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Jeff F Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:55 am

wrichman wrote:
Jeff F wrote:As I am writing this you are probably on your way to Terre Haute for the Hawthorn Half Day. I ran my 50 miler there last year, it is a great event. Have a great experience!

I was, Jeff. It was a long, hot, great day. 12 hours of running 7 am - 7pm. 90 degrees. I managed to run 66.5 miles to take 1st in my age group and 3rd place overall. I also broke the female course record, but this other AMAZING woman won the whole thing running 71.5 miles and breaking both the male and female course records!! We ran together for a bit and she's only been running ultras for 9 months. She pretty much wins every race she runs, and was 1st female Umstead 100. Not only that, but she's so nice and supportive. A true inspiration!

WOW, that is great! I know the previous female course record holder, I will have to tell her that her old record was blown away. That is amazing given the conditiions. Congratulations!
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Posts : 299
Points : 4635
Join date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

my own 26.2 Empty Re: my own 26.2

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum