365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combo Workouts

3 posters

Go down

Combo Workouts Empty Combo Workouts

Post  Ben Z Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:06 am

Came across a good article I thought I should share.

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=24064&PageNum=2

I wanna try the 2 * 3k/2k/1k workout. Looks tough but doable.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Combo Workouts Empty Re: Combo Workouts

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 am

Do you think #1 could be modified to sharpen for 10k instead of 5k? Granted, that'd kind of defeat the "combo" part of it, since the tempo and 10k would both be focusing more on LT than LT/VO2max, but still... do 4x1000m instead? 3x1500m?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Do you think #1 could be modified to sharpen for 10k instead of 5k? Granted, that'd kind of defeat the "combo" part of it, since the tempo and 10k would both be focusing more on LT than LT/VO2max, but still... do 4x1000m instead? 3x1500m?

Sure, absolutely. You could do a tempo at HMP and then longer intervals at 10k pace. Hudson is a big believer in multiple thresholds so this is in line with that idea.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 pm

I voiced my disagreement with #2 about a month ago, and still don't get it. It's a crushing workout that results in over 10 miles or hard work. How is that an early season "rust" buster?

I like the looks of #3. May have to incorporate that between my Half and 10 mile races. That seems like a good 10 mile prep workout.

I'd need a cheat sheet to remember #4,
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down