365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooks Green Silence?

5 posters

Go down

Brooks Green Silence? Empty Brooks Green Silence?

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Anyone worn these?
I wear a Brooks Ghost 4 for pretty much every single run (sometimes Cascadias on the trails, sometimes my old Ghost 3s for recovery runs) but was thinking about grabbing a pair of the Greens since they're half off on RW right now. Their fit chart says it'll be slightly snugger in the heel, but that's it.
Thoughts?
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Brooks Green Silence? Empty Re: Brooks Green Silence?

Post  fostever Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:30 pm

To be honest they are not my favorite pair of running shoes. They have a built in tongue that is fairly hard to get used to. I noticed on my last run with them they squeezed my middle toes so the nail was digging into the other causing bleeding. They are definitely very light and relatively low drop. I've used them only on the treadmill for tempo stuff because stepping on any road irregularities you definitely feel the lack of cushioning. If you are sold on minimal they might be a transition shoe, but I'm not sure about that whole phenomenon.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:44 pm

I don't wear them but I did try them on at the running store awhile back. I was looking for a light weight shoe there just didn't seem to be much there. I opted for the Kinvara instead of the green silence. I probably would have purchased them if for some reason the Kinvara wasn't available that day.

I did have a friend that used to wear them and loved them but he was lighter than I. He was about your size so they could work well for you.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Went through three pairs and liked them. But the Kinvara 2 and Pure Connect are better shoes. I would try to find a color of the Kinvara 2 on sale.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 am

I'm late to the party, but they are one of my favorite shoes. And in terms of size, I'm bigger than all of you, so they can certainly work for a bigger runner as well. I still have 2 pairs I'm cycling through right now
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down