365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Series... Game 1 predictions

+8
Jeff F
Nick Morris
John Kilpatrick
Tim C
Dave-O
charles
Diego
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

World Series... Game 1 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series... Game 1 predictions

Post  Dave-O Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Mr MattM wrote:10 1/2 games back in late August... made the wild card playoff on the last day of the season. Knocked off the favorite Phillies and Brewers to ge to the WS... seriously? Down to a single strike twice in game 6 and rallied with RBI hits? Seriously? Wow.

Its things like this that remind me that the Cubs will never win a World Series. I couldn't see 1 of those 4 happening to the lovable losers, let alone all 4.

Theo has a lot of culture to change in that clubhouse.

Also, congrats to LaRussa for going out on top. I don't like the guy (think he overmanages every possible chance he gets), but I can't argue with his successes.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

World Series... Game 1 predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series... Game 1 predictions

Post  Admin Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:10 1/2 games back in late August... made the wild card playoff on the last day of the season. Knocked off the favorite Phillies and Brewers to ge to the WS... seriously? Down to a single strike twice in game 6 and rallied with RBI hits? Seriously? Wow.

Its things like this that remind me that the Cubs will never win a World Series. I couldn't see 1 of those 4 happening to the lovable losers, let alone all 4.

Theo has a lot of culture to change in that clubhouse.

Also, congrats to LaRussa for going out on top. I don't like the guy (think he overmanages every possible chance he gets), but I can't argue with his successes.

Don't be surprised if TLR is 'retiring' right before being offered a managerial position with the lovable losers... heh.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Mr MattM wrote:

Don't be surprised if TLR is 'retiring' right before being offered a managerial position with the lovable losers... heh.

Theo loves stats and signs players based purely on computer rankings.
TLR hits and runs (twice!) with the best hitter on the planet at the plate. And bats his pitcher 8th.

These two statements don't exactly jive.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:

TLR hits and runs (twice!) with the best hitter on the planet at the plate. And bats his pitcher 8th.

+1
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 am

Dave-O wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:

Would Theo want TLR in Chi if AP came along? Shocked

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:14 am

Stifle yourself!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2