365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF

Go down

Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF Empty Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF

Post  Dave-O on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF Empty Re: Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF

Post  Jerry on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Dave, gather the kids and fire a class law suit. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF Empty Re: Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF

Post  Schuey on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:52 pm

He is sounding like a "PRE" just in the year 2011.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:36 pm

I think we need Jim McMahon and a few headbands.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm

I think the most effective method of combating the rules would be to get all the competitors in on wearing some sort of unsanctioned sponsor logo as a big f you to both USATF and IAAF. You'd have to have a big sponsor to get everybody, or get a group together like the sports drink companies and have them do something for each of their athletes and provide something for unsponsored athletes as well. At that point, what are they going to do, disqualify everybody in the meet?
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:08 pm

It wasn't long ago that African Americans were not allowed into the Masters through the same club(we make our own rules) argument. I think a class action lawsuit is in order, especially if you have to join USATF to go to the Olympics and World Cup events. The biggest key may be in laying the framework for "harm done."

If you want to expose it through corporate law, you can use AT&T's(Ma Bell monopoly) case as a good weapon.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:36 pm

I believe that the IAAF does not want T&F to be big in the U.S. and the USATF must be one of those groups who defines purity of the sport by the number of people it turns off.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:11 pm

365Competitors in Association with 365Runners can sponsor. Nick Symmonds' letter to the USATF and IAAF 2472758156
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum