365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earthquake

+16
Dave-O
fostever
healdgator
Mark B
Michael Enright
Kevin L
Nick Morris
Kenny B.
Alex Kubacki
Jack_Scaff
Ken Mello
Chris M
Seth Harrison
Admin
Jerry
Mrs. Schuey
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Earthquake  - Page 2 Empty Re: Earthquake

Post  Diego Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:05 am

Chris M wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Dave-O wrote:
Chris M wrote:I was in Trader Joe's (Falls Church, VA) walking through the wine section when it hit. About 100 bottles fell off the shelves and hit the ground so there was wine and glass shooting around everywhere but everyone I saw was fine and unharmed. Scary. I think I mostly slept through a small one in San Jose, CA years ago but this one seemed pretty big although I don't have experience with what earthquakes are like. Back here at work, everyone wants to use it as an excuse to call it a day. Hope everyone is OK out there.

You dropped to the ground and started drinking as much of the spilled wine as possible, didn't you?

It just struck me. He saw this, and DIDN'T TAKE A PHOTO? Egad, man! Were you too busy looking for a straw? pirat

Didn't take a photo and didn't take a bunch of wine! I regretted both moves after being out of there.

Truthfully, I had no idea what was happening. I don't have experience with earthquakes so my initial thought was it was something specific to that building or even that wall where all the wine was. I thought a generator had blown up or a truck crashed into the wall. Obviously that makes no sense since it went on for like 10 seconds but "earthquake" is just not something that pops into mind around here. It was pretty wild with the bottles exploding. A few were champagne so they are under pressure and shooting glass and cork around. It wasn't super crowded in there at that time of day but its still kind of surprising and lucky nobody got hit with glass. I really did manage to be in the craziest place for an earthquake at that exact moment - in the middle of a wine section in a supermarket! I had gone to the running store next door BEFORE going into TJ's. Had I reversed the visits and been in PotomacRunning when it hit, I would have had the much less exciting experience of some wicking shirts moving around on their hangers.

Chris, you just have to work on those reflexes, buddy. There shouldn't have been any spilt wine, well except maybe Yellow Tail and Gallo. Catch those bottles next time. You probably could have walked out with some Caymus as a reward. Earthquake  - Page 2 1193849567
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Didn't feel a thing here in Georgia and we have had earthquakes before.

On a sad note though, we drove through the tornado ravaged area of north Georgia on Sunday afternoon and it looks like a war zone. WE were very lucky here in Georgia and most especially Tuscaloosa with regards to those storms.

My daughter graduates high school this year, and their motto is "It Ends With Us".
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:

My daughter graduates high school this year, and their motto is "It Ends With Us".

Wow!
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:12 pm

People were stating here in Wisconsin that they could feel the earthquake, but I just think that they are nuts.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum