365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Mark B on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 pm

The folks at irunfar.com posted this link from the Outdoor Retailer Show.

Best Trail Running Shoes of Summer Outdoor Retailer 2011

So many choices! Money
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7652
Points : 17136
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Schuey on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Yep a lot of choices and that site does a really good job of writing up a lot of reviews for shoes.

I didn't buy them this last time around but I do know I would like to try the NB MT110's along with the ProGrits and the Peregrine 2's.

I have to get around to my write up about the Peregrine's but I have to say out of the 3 long runs on the trails that I have done I love them.

My God before I know it I will have just as many pairs of trails shoes as I do road shoes. Cool Cool
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2172
Points : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 48
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Mark B on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 pm

@Schuey wrote:Yep a lot of choices and that site does a really good job of writing up a lot of reviews for shoes.

I didn't buy them this last time around but I do know I would like to try the NB MT110's along with the ProGrits and the Peregrine 2's.

I have to get around to my write up about the Peregrine's but I have to say out of the 3 long runs on the trails that I have done I love them.

My God before I know it I will have just as many pairs of trails shoes as I do road shoes. Cool Cool

I'm still trying to decide what type of trail shoe would be best for me. The MT110 sounds promising, but it won't be released until after I've run Tecumseh. Drat! So I'm going to need something that can handle potentially slippery conditions and big downhills but still be close to the ground and at least somewhat Free-like in flexibility.

Unfortunately, I pursued the wrong career to just buy 'em all. Very Happy

Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7652
Points : 17136
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Schuey on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:06 am

@Mark B wrote:I'm still trying to decide what type of trail shoe would be best for me. The MT110 sounds promising, but it won't be released until after I've run Tecumseh. Drat! So I'm going to need something that can handle potentially slippery conditions and big downhills but still be close to the ground and at least somewhat Free-like in flexibility.

Unfortunately, I pursued the wrong career to just buy 'em all. Very Happy


Also I know I have already said it but you might want to look into this years mode of the Peregrine. I just love the shoe and the way it responds on the trail, like Tim M said it is basically the Kinvara (SP) with lugs on the bottom of the shoe. I at least think it would be a good shoe to look into. It is a very grippy shoe over rocks and mud.

http://www.irunfar.com/2011/03/saucony-peregrine-review.html


Now if you think that you are really into the MT110's you might want to take a look at the NB MT101 which is what the MT110's are following up.

http://www.irunfar.com/2010/10/new-balance-mt-101wt-101-review.html

Also another shoe is the Brook's ProGrit which you can pre-order right now and will be out in October, which is in time for your December race. There is a link to this shoes in the thread that I started yesterday.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2172
Points : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 48
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Kevin L on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 am

I'm looking forward to the MT110 and the Minimus Zero Road. As curious as I am about Brooks Pure Connect, I will wait for reviews to see if the separation of the big toe is a good idea.
By the way, apparently there's this "value" version of MT101 available in discount stores. It's pretty much Minimus Trail upper + MT101 sole. They are marketed as "New Balance 310 Trail Running Shoes" for $49.99 ~ $59.99. I might pick up a pair at Kohl's if they drop lower than $40 as blow-out sale. Check this post by RunBlogger
Kevin L
Kevin L
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 69
Points : 3077
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 38
Location : NJ

View user profile http://sweatengine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Ben Z on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:54 pm

@Schuey wrote:


Also I know I have already said it but you might want to look into this years mode of the Peregrine. I just love the shoe and the way it responds on the trail, like Tim M said it is basically the Kinvara (SP) with lugs on the bottom of the shoe. I at least think it would be a good shoe to look into. It is a very grippy shoe over rocks and mud.

http://www.irunfar.com/2011/03/saucony-peregrine-review.html



Schuey (and Tim M) -

I picked up the Peregine's yesterday and did a 2 hour trail run in them straight out of the box. After your glowing comments about them recently Schuey, and the fact that I absolutely love the Kinvara 2, I decided to give them a shot. Lately I have done all my training in the Kinvara 2 so the 8mm+ heel drop on my Cascadia 6s doesn't feel right anymore.

Based on first impressions I definitely like the Peregine. It's REALLY grippy and I like the heel-to-toe transition. However, it's a bit stiff and fairly firm I would say too. They may just need a bit more break-in time but they are definitely not as plush as the Cascadia or Kinvara 2 based on my first run.

But I also watched a user review of the Peregrine and they were raving about how good they were on ice - something the Cascaida was not based on prior use. So I'm excited to see how they will perform in snow and ice this winter.

So thanks Schuey for the recommendation. Next up I'll be trying the Pure Grit or the MT20 (the update to the NB Minimus Trail that removed the annoying elastic strap over the forefoot).

-Ben
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Posts : 698
Points : 4059
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bay Area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Mark B on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:12 pm

@Ben Z wrote:
@Schuey wrote:


Also I know I have already said it but you might want to look into this years mode of the Peregrine. I just love the shoe and the way it responds on the trail, like Tim M said it is basically the Kinvara (SP) with lugs on the bottom of the shoe. I at least think it would be a good shoe to look into. It is a very grippy shoe over rocks and mud.

http://www.irunfar.com/2011/03/saucony-peregrine-review.html



Schuey (and Tim M) -

I picked up the Peregine's yesterday and did a 2 hour trail run in them straight out of the box. After your glowing comments about them recently Schuey, and the fact that I absolutely love the Kinvara 2, I decided to give them a shot. Lately I have done all my training in the Kinvara 2 so the 8mm+ heel drop on my Cascadia 6s doesn't feel right anymore.

Based on first impressions I definitely like the Peregine. It's REALLY grippy and I like the heel-to-toe transition. However, it's a bit stiff and fairly firm I would say too. They may just need a bit more break-in time but they are definitely not as plush as the Cascadia or Kinvara 2 based on my first run.

But I also watched a user review of the Peregrine and they were raving about how good they were on ice - something the Cascaida was not based on prior use. So I'm excited to see how they will perform in snow and ice this winter.

So thanks Schuey for the recommendation. Next up I'll be trying the Pure Grit or the MT20 (the update to the NB Minimus Trail that removed the annoying elastic strap over the forefoot).

-Ben

Here's another endorsement for the Peregrine. I got them a couple of weeks ago - I don't know if I'd have even tried them without Schuey's recommendation - and they have been great. They feel nimble and close to the ground, but still with enough traction and protection to help make those rocky sections and downhill segments a lot more manageable.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7652
Points : 17136
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Tim M on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:59 pm

I've run in the NB Minimus Trail and the Brooks Cascadia. I'll be switching to the PureGrit.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Posts : 414
Points : 3462
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : 5280

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Ben Z on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

@Tim M wrote:I've run in the NB Minimus Trail and the Brooks Cascadia. I'll be switching to the PureGrit.

I'm sure you know Tim but the PureGrit does not have a rock plate. While I too now think the Cascadia is a tank compared to the PG the rock plate is nice for gnarly trails and big downhill stretches.

The NB MT110 will solve all this though. Weighs less than the PG, has a thin rock plate and will come in 4E width. I can't wait for that shoe either. ,
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Posts : 698
Points : 4059
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bay Area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings Empty Re: Sneak peek at new trail shoe offerings

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum