365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Don't dive in the mud pit!

Go down

Don't dive in the mud pit!

Post  momof5boys on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:27 pm

I didn't post the title to be funny. I saw the question about extreme races just a bit ago, and shortly after (I think), this occured.

If the article doesn't say, there was an interview with the RD that aired locally in which the RD explained that this young man dove into the mud pit obstacle and broke his neck. The mud pit is only a couple of feet deep.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/central_mich/hope-student-paralyzed-in-warrior-dash
momof5boys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't dive in the mud pit!

Post  ChasMcG on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Warrior Dash Rockies is in 2 weeks. I'll be taking it easy in the mud. I had a friend do it last year and he said a couple of people in his group got hurt and one had some broken bones. The Tough Mudder is even worse I hear.
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 am

A pal of my wife did muddy buddy in CA and she tore ligaments in her ankle in the mud. She did like the fact she was helped off the course by some marines or fire fighters or something.
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down