365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Runner Fight!!!

Go down

Runner Fight!!! Empty Runner Fight!!!

Post  Dave-O on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:45 am

I was away from a computer most of the weekend, but thoroughly enjoyed this pathetic attempt at a fight. From the 1500 in Monaco.

Someone land a damn punch!

Dave-O
Dave-O

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Runner Fight!!! Empty Re: Runner Fight!!!

Post  Chris M on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 am

These French guys like the head butt move....

Runner Fight!!! FBL_GBR__medium
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:14 am

Nothing worse than seeing two guys in lime green who weigh a combined total of 220lbs wet going at it in short shorts and a singlet on a running track. And if I am correct the guy missed landing almost every punch. Certainly not Pay Per view Material.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 am

@Kenny B. wrote:Nothing worse than seeing two guys in lime green who weigh a combined total of 220lbs wet going at it in short shorts and a singlet on a running track. And if I am correct the guy missed landing almost every punch. Certainly not Pay Per view Material.

Yet oiled up muscle-heads wearing spandex booty shorts rolling around inside a fenced-in octogon is pay per view material?

Running
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 am

@Dave-O wrote:
@Kenny B. wrote:Nothing worse than seeing two guys in lime green who weigh a combined total of 220lbs wet going at it in short shorts and a singlet on a running track. And if I am correct the guy missed landing almost every punch. Certainly not Pay Per view Material.

Yet oiled up muscle-heads wearing spandex booty shorts rolling around inside a fenced-in octogon is pay per view material?

Runner Fight!!! 4044942068

LOL NO! That is barbaric and certainly not something I watch nor condone. Where is Ali Frazier, Hagler Hearns, Dempsey vs. Angel, Leonard Hearns, Louis Conn, Chavez Meldrick
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:36 am

@Dave-O wrote:Yet oiled up muscle-heads wearing spandex booty shorts rolling around inside a fenced-in octogon is pay per view material?

YES - I love the UFC. With some of the really good fighters, there is beauty in what they do. Not that I want to see people get really hurt - you don't see the really good fighters get hurt very often especially over the last several years as the sport has progressed. They sure are incredible athletes...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:46 am

@John Kilpatrick wrote:
@Dave-O wrote:Yet oiled up muscle-heads wearing spandex booty shorts rolling around inside a fenced-in octogon is pay per view material?

YES - I love the UFC. With some of the really good fighters, there is beauty in what they do. Not that I want to see people get really hurt - you don't see the really good fighters get hurt very often especially over the last several years as the sport has progressed. They sure are incredible athletes...

Many of us will be much happier when they ban the chokehold. Apparently, as many as 5 fighters already have brain damage from that move. Runner Fight!!! 4209083858

Of course, many others must aready have brain damage for thinking that they even belong in the cage.affraid

....and then there's the steroid issue.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 am

Boxers are crazy for getting into the ring as well! I could do without the chokeholds as well - or at least referees need to stop fights before someone loses consciousness. For all of the negatives associated with the sport, I do at least give the UFC credit for usually stopping the fights that need stopping before people get really hurt.

Roids are a huge bummer - in the UFC, cycling, etc. I wish they would address it and not just give it lip service. I don't think Brock Lesnar stating that he has never been caught using steroids is good enough to assume that he is clean

Because this really looks all natural affraid

[img]Runner Fight!!! Lesnar11[/img]

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:19 am

@John Kilpatrick wrote:

Didn't mean any disrespect to the UFC. While it doesn't interest me, I can appreciate their athleticism and toughness.

I was just pointing out that for all the crap runners take for shorty shorts, the UFC is a lot more, umm, touchy-feely?
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 am

I was following the meet and started cracking up when this happened.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:12 pm

This is why I watch hockey. Or the UFC.

Sad to see that runners fight like soccer - er, futbol - players. I'd hope they'd at least cut out the cheap shit headbutts. Maybe trail runners are the true brawlers.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:25 pm

@Dave-O wrote:I was away from a computer most of the weekend, but thoroughly enjoyed this pathetic attempt at a fight. From the 1500 in Monaco.

Someone land a damn punch!

Was that a head butt and then an open hand slap to the face? It's too bad the old man got in the way...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:47 pm

@Dave-O wrote:
@John Kilpatrick wrote:

Didn't mean any disrespect to the UFC. While it doesn't interest me, I can appreciate their athleticism and toughness.

I was just pointing out that for all the crap runners take for shorty shorts, the UFC is a lot more, umm, touchy-feely?

I too like to watch the UFC. That's beside the point of my post.

I do NOT wear Richard Simmons shorts when I run. Tights, yes (in the cold). Orange Dove's, no.
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Did anyone see or remember the slappy-fight from the Tour de France last year? I think these cyclists are phenomenal athletes but when you have toothpicks for arms maybe a fist fight isn't the wisest thing. Still makes me giggle to think back on it.

Runner Fight!!! Tour-de-france-fight-thumb-thumb-420xauto-13454
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Was that the one where they threw their bikes at each other? In defense of the cyclists, it's tough to balance in shoes with cleats while throwing punches. Then again, it's tough on ice skates, and most hockey players are at least able to do it when it comes time...
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:07 pm

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Don't forget about the jockey fight last year.

Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:13 pm

@Jack_Scaff wrote:
@Dave-O wrote:
@John Kilpatrick wrote:

I too like to watch the UFC. That's beside the point of my post.

I do NOT wear Richard Simmons shorts when I run. Tights, yes (in the cold). Orange Dove's, no.

Yeah, the touchy-feely thing... Yikes! Seems like somebody(ies) want(s) to unhide their agendas!Runner Fight!!! 1078438882
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:06 pm

@Mike MacLellan wrote:Was that the one where they threw their bikes at each other? In defense of the cyclists, it's tough to balance in shoes with cleats while throwing punches. Then again, it's tough on ice skates, and most hockey players are at least able to do it when it comes time...
Yup, that's the one although I think just a bike tire was just thrown by one guy if I remember correctly. Good point about the shoes and one of the guys has still straddling his bike so that makes it tricky too! Still giggling though... Laughing
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  charles on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Dave-O what about your brother in Nike-dom Galen Rupp getting bruised and scraped up and Solinsky getting man handled at this meet as well?

I don't have the time to search for the Rupp photo or the video right now. But that was a PHYSICAL track meet!
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Stephanie O wrote:
@Mike MacLellan wrote:Was that the one where they threw their bikes at each other? In defense of the cyclists, it's tough to balance in shoes with cleats while throwing punches. Then again, it's tough on ice skates, and most hockey players are at least able to do it when it comes time...
Yup, that's the one although I think just a bike tire was just thrown by one guy if I remember correctly. Good point about the shoes and one of the guys has still straddling his bike so that makes it tricky too! Still giggling though... Laughing

True. For some reason, the uber-euro factor of cycling makes those fights even funnier, too. Then again, the "argy bargy" during sprints is nothing to shake a stick at.

And John: HA. Granted, that was Semin, and that'd be like Corey Perry (to use a hometown favorite) fighting... AKA pathetic. As a counterpoint...
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:02 am

Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:36 am

What kind of idiot runs head down into a headlock? Still, respect to the guy with the bloodied up eye.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 am

I went to 2 Rangers games in Arlington this year, and they show this video as part of the pre-game "psych up the crowd" montage of videos! Helps that Nolan owns the team, but hilarious that this is something they show on the Jumbotron before every game
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 am

@Ken Mello wrote:

I went to 2 Rangers games in Arlington this year, and they show this video as part of the pre-game "psych up the crowd" montage of videos! Helps that Nolan owns the team, but hilarious that this is something they show on the Jumbotron before every game

That's AWESOME!! I just love how the 40 year old man takes it to the much younger Robin Ventura...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down