365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revels of Peach Keane (Redux Part III)

+27
Peg Coover
Mrs. Schuey
Alex Kubacki
jon c
Dave P
Jim Lentz
Julie
Penelope
JohnP
mul21
Liz R
Randy E
Paula Sue
KathyK
John Kilpatrick
Dave Bussard
Gobbles
Dave Wolfe
dot520
Kenny B.
Schuey
Matt W
Seth Harrison
Jerry
Dave-O
Natalie
Michele "1L" Keane
31 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Revels of Peach Keane (Redux Part III) - Page 9 Empty Re: Revels of Peach Keane (Redux Part III)

Post  Mark B Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:45 am

That XC race in Seattle sounds like it was a lot of fun. I never ran XC in high school, and I've always what it felt like to take off at a breakneck (ankle?) speed across a field and go plunging into the woods. It seems so totally different from all the other forms of racing - even trail races.

Congrats to you daughter. I bet she'll be happy to cheer mom on come April. And congrats to you on a solid year of running. It's nice to see your times actually getting faster, too. It's a nice trend.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Revels of Peach Keane (Redux Part III) - Page 9 Empty Re: Revels of Peach Keane (Redux Part III)

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote: Now, I'll have a lot of red and white terriers around the house and I'll need to get extra sports channels in Cleveland to watch the Battle of Commonwealth Ave and the Beanpot. At least, I'll have spectators at Boston.

NESN always has the Beanpot, or at least they took over from 38 years ago. I believe that's available outside New England if you have satellite.

Congrats on the race.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Congrats to you and your daughter! Wonderful news for your family. Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:18 am

That's great news about your daughter! Fun! What a great goal she set, worked for, and achieved. I wonder if her mother perhaps has been a great role model!?

Happy New Year!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Michele, it was good catching up on your last month as I've been out most of the time. That post with the log entries was really good, very consistent, and congrats on the miles this year, over 2,000 now. While I've been able to run a few more miles than that, I don't run near the number of races you do and I am thinking in 2012 that I should be doing more races, you are a really good example. And also congrats again on your daughter's acceptance. You're going to have a great time prepping for it with her and then sending her off there.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:22 am

Well, I just typed a nice long post and somehow this computer (I'm at my daughter's school's Campus Shop volunteering and have had no customers at all!) decided to erase the post. Annoying to say the least. I was just thanking you all for your kinds words and continued encouragement and I hope that I can continue to run smartly and proudly in 2012. I learn a lot every year despite having run for over 30, and 2011 was no different. I've learned to be a better listener and not push the paces so much when it wasn't necessary or didn't feel right, and it has paid off. I've also learned to get that massage or ART session when something first appeared and not after I ran through it for a few weeks. I paid for the need for a massage at Grand Rapids and I will not make that mistake again.

So what does 2012 bring? Well at least one marathon - Boston, and a number of shorter races like Houston (half) and Cherry Blossom and maybe a fall marathon, but that will depend on how much downtime occurs with graduation, moving, and the college drop off in September. Maybe Indianapolis (Indiana is the only midwest state that I don't have) or Tucson since that is in December. We will see. But for now, it is 2012 and a new AG to look forward to. Miles of smiles, everyone.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Dave P wrote:
Michele "1L" Keane wrote:At least when I Age Grade my current times, they are not very far off what I ran when i was in my late 20s/early 30s. Amen to that!

+1

Ditto!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:45 am

New AG is exciting. Your blog is quite long and can't say I read every post. But from what I gather Boston is in the works mixed in with some other races. I like how well you are listening to your body with niggles and what have you's. I am firm believe on the onset of something to head to my chiro for ART, Massage, adjustments etc.

Look forward to 2012 with on the blogs! and FB lol!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wheakory Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:20 am

I hope 2012 brings you greatness and you achieve all your goals.
wheakory
wheakory
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 am

Stopping in after a break to say that I hope that Boston goes well along with your other racing endeavors. Congrats to your daughter as well! That is exciting news!

With your running history you chronicled, you are definitely a model of consistency. It's encouraging to me to know that it can be done at a more mature age as we learn along the way. I don't quite have the history of mileage you do but I've got you beat for the maturity thing anyway. Very Happy

Best wishes for the year!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9