365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felt a Hundred Different Demons

+37
Lauren
healdgator
Diego
T Miller
Glenn
Michael Enright
Dave P
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
jon c
JohnP
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
Joel H
Seth Harrison
ChasMcG
KBFitz
Penelope
mul21
John Kilpatrick
Jeff F
Matt W
Kenny B.
Dave-O
Jerry
jdholland
Julie
Jim Lentz
Natalie
Chris M
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
Mark B
Bob
GregC
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
41 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 9 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Schuey Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:09 am

Alright now that I got caught up on my responds to all you wonderful people that posted to my blog, which I'm very thankful for and I hope that you all continue to visit my blog.

I'm hoping to post more and to keep you all informed on what is not only going on with my running but life in general.

So with that being said this past week has been a crazy crazy crazy week for me but at the same time a very exciting and excellent week!

No Lisa and I are not pregnant yet, again looking forward to updating you all on the new exciting news in the near future.

Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Felt a Hundred Different Demons   - Page 9 Empty Re: Felt a Hundred Different Demons

Post  Peg Coover Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm behind in your blog Martin, but very excited to hear whatever news you are about to share!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:41 am

Exciting sound like it's in a good way, so I'm happy for you! I do think it's funny that you have to have the not pregnant disclaimer. I remember the first sinus infection I got after getting married and a teacher asked me a few days later if I was pregnant. "Well, you said you weren't feeling well...." Umm, totally different symptoms, thank you.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

Unfair. We want answers!
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Is there news? Anyways, all the best as you continue your journey!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:11 pm

What?!?!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Martin
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:36 pm

Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:28 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello

HAHAHAHA excellent! Schuey, c'mon now, this is getting to be unfair.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:50 am

Finally getting caught up here. Really cool story in re the trail discovery. That is something that I have done very little of as there are no real trails around here. Looks like your training continues to progress.

Do you plan on changing anything training wise after Chicago as there is around a month or so until JFK?

And this news, hope it is worth the wait. Looks like you've got us all in suspense.silent
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 am

We are waiting. Cool
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:46 am

Alright everyone so sorry for keeping you all waiting. Let's just say things have been very very busy and exciting for me over the last two weeks.

First off last weekend was a great Holiday weekend which Lisa and I spent at Pinckney, Mi doing a lot of running on the trails. Man I love trail running and every time we come home I miss it even more. At some point this weekend I will get to posting some of the runs from the trails.

I will also try to do a better job this coming week to keep up with my blog and also everyone else blog. I really miss being around but here is the reason I have been MIA.

This was something that was in the making all summer but figured that it was just something that was a pipe dream and that much would not come up with it. As many of you know I have been doing my own thing for the past few years, which I have been very happy doing but with Lisa and I wanting to start a family and do some other things I figured I need to test the waters and see what was out there.

Well again after putting the line out there and seeing what would happen I ended up landing a great opportunity with a Japanese securities firm here in Chicago. So this past Tuesday I started my new job as an Assistant Vice President dealing with American and Asian Markets.This was something that I could not past up due to the great pay and benefits that come with the job. Not only have I had a huge passion for our markets but also for the Asian markets and this now gives me that opportunity to work in those markets and gain more knowledge of them.

I have to admit that it has been a little strange to get up everyday and put a suit and tie on and being cleaned shaving but at the same time I'm loving every minute of it.

As for running I'm still turning in the miles and enjoying the running as much as the challenges I'm being thrown at in my new position as a Assistant Vice President.

Again I look forward to getting settled in to my new schedule with work and running and being able to post more here to not only keep you all updated in my running but to read all the great things that is going with you all my running family.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Congratulations, Martin - what a great opportunity!!!!!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Congratulations on your new opportunity and I wish you the best in your endeavors, both on and off the job!cheers
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:06 pm

That is fantastic! Congratulations for the both of you!!!!!! Glad to see a job like that going to a good person!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Congratulations Martin, sounds great. Will you need to travel to Japan at all? I did not expect your post as I thought you would always be self-employed. I'm happy for you and Lisa.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

JohnP wrote:Congratulations Martin, sounds great. Will you need to travel to Japan at all? I did not expect your post as I thought you would always be self-employed. I'm happy for you and Lisa.

I do believe there may be some trips to Japan in the future and to other places across the states. Yeah it was an unexpected thing, I thought for sure I would always be self-employed myself. Like I said earlier it is a great opportunity and I felt that it was something that I could not pass up to do. I guess you can say like running, I like challenges and this will be a nice new challenge to take on. Crazy day again in the markets yesterday. I have to admit that I really like working with the big institutional clients.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Congrats! I had a feeling that was what you had cooking after you mentioned it when we got together earlier this summer. Great opportunity to get some stability for the potentially growing family and give yourself some options down the road. It's a little harder fitting those runs in around a normal workday, eh? lol!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 pm

mul21 wrote:Congrats! I had a feeling that was what you had cooking after you mentioned it when we got together earlier this summer. Great opportunity to get some stability for the potentially growing family and give yourself some options down the road. It's a little harder fitting those runs in around a normal workday, eh? lol!

Yeah it is a little different for sure getting the runs in. The afternoon run no problem, it is more the 5am run that is a lot different right now. Like anything I will adjust to it and get use to doing it. Have to admit that it sure did feel good to sleep in this morning, I wanted to get up early today but well that will have to wait until tomorrow. lol!

I figured you know what was up again since we did talk about it a little when you were here. I'm really excited about it and what it will do for us in the future and what it will do for me professionally. Nothing better then doing something I love doing and at the same time have the chance to grow as a person mentally and work wise.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Congratulations, Martin - what a great opportunity!!!!!

Thanks Michele!

jon c wrote:Congratulations on your new opportunity and I wish you the best in your endeavors, both on and off the job!cheers

Thanks Jon, hope you are enjoying the 2011 college football season!

John Kilpatrick wrote:That is fantastic! Congratulations for the both of you!!!!!! Glad to see a job like that going to a good person!

Thanks John, yeah it a great chance for me to be able to grow as a person and do something new and exciting. I was a little surprised with how hard it is for people to find work these days and due to the fact that I have been working for myself for so long, I was surprised they went with me. I knew things were going to work out when two things happened 1. The CEO here in Chicago graduated from the same H.S. as myself. and 2. He said he loved my attitude and energy and that it was something that they need.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Schuey - A big congratulations. I figured something employment-wise was going on, since what else other than the absolute necessities (you know, $$$) would keep you from us for so long? Wink Glad to see you're still running and loving the trails. If your new position ever brings you to northern CA, I'll be sure to introduce you to the trails we've got going on here.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Congratulations on the new career move!!! I really do miss getting to where a tie everyday. I don't know why, but it makes me feel so much better about my career.

I am glad to read that you are still enjoying the trail runs and are working hard to get your schedule worked out. Once you get your schedule down, I am sure that things wil be much easier...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Congrats on the career move! Also great to hear you talking about wanting to be a stable Daddy some day...

Enjoy the suit/tie. All the guys had to dress up like that in college (not kidding) every day so I guess I got pretty used to it but I realize most jobs don't require that.

Keep up with the great running, too. I am sure you will figure out how to juggle running and work and family, it seems like we all find out what works for us and training doesn't occur in a vacuum, we all have stuff going on.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:42 am

That's great Martin. Congrats on the opportunity. It's definitely an interesting time with the Asian markets.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:41 am

I've not checked in here in a while..wow. Congrats on the job Martin!
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next