365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

+32
John Kilpatrick
jon c
Jim Lentz
GregC
Penelope
Michael Enright
ChasMcG
Tom H
JohnP
mul21
Julie
Mrs. Schuey
Liz R
KathyK
Mark B
Admin
Tim M
Tea from RonItch
Schuey
Dave Wolfe
Seth Harrison
Jerry
dot520
Dave-O
Michele "1L" Keane
Peg Coover
Mike MacLellan
Ken Mello
Kenny B.
Matt W
Chris M
Natalie
36 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Mark B wrote:

One other thing: 48 isn't old. It's experienced. cheers

I have a lot of experience then.

This was one of those days when you know you have to run sometime, but you don't know when that sometime will be. It's a problem for me, in the summer, to have a workout with my trainer scheduled for 8:30 AM because I prefer to run early in the morning before it's too hot. I couldn't move it back though because I had a 10:00 doctor appointment. So, my run hung over my head all day while I did other things. Finally, at 5:00 I was able to give it a go but it had to be short because I was going to a 7:00 Planned Parenthood event and there was no way I was going to miss that!

I ended up running four very slow, grueling miles. I need to get used to running after tough strength workouts. Anyway, I shouldn't complain.... I did do two workouts today!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  KathyK Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 am

Great job on the two workouts!
And about being 'experienced' I've got a few years more 'experience' than you...and all I can say is that we are doing the RIGHT thing by staying so active. I find it's REALLY hard to drop weight now that I'm past 50 (52, actually), even when I'm totally disciplined about my diet and exercise. Sigh.
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 pm

My body is imposing a 100% rest day today. It's a 3 Advil kind of sore day today. Ouch! I guess I did work out yesterday, huh? Probably the TRX that did me in. 3 sets of something similar to a chest press/pull-up with the straps. No wonder last nights run hurt so bad.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:37 pm

I needed that day off yesterday. I'm still a little sore today, but I've had a very productive day so far. The dogs woke me up earlier than I wanted to get up, so I stayed in bed, wondering why I didn't just get up and get it over with. But, I did get out the door by 7:15 and ran 8 miles, which was my goal. It was warm and muggy, but it rained pretty much the whole second half of the run, which was nice. I am s...o.... s...l....o....w.... My average pace today was 11:30. 11:30!!!! Will I ever get through NY? How did I ever do it before?

Anyway, when I came home I put two loaves of bread in the oven and when they came out, I went to Findlay Market to shop. And I remembered to buy everything on my list.

Now, if I could just stop eating those leftover Jelly Bellies!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Way to get out there Natalie! I want some homemade bread!!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 pm

It sounds like a nice, easy run was what just what your body wanted today. Nice job. Believe it or not, these are the runs that'll get you to -- and through -- New York. Keep at it!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 am

Six more miles. Ugh. This running stuff is hard! In honor of Sara Jane's PR yesterday, I wore my Frees. I'm sorry... I could never run 26.2 miles in them. 10 is probably my max and even that is a lot.

I'm in the middle of baking a lemon meringue pie for Scott for Father's Day. It's his favorite. It's really his Birthday/Father's Day pie. I'll put a candle in it. I've yet to make the perfect lemon meringue pie. The first time I made one, the meringue shrank. I have now perfected the art of meringue, but last year, my custard was a little runny. I increased the cornstarch by 15 grams this time. I hope that wasn't too much of a boost, but I like it to slice neatly with no runniness. If it works, I'll post a picture.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:44 am

Natalie Wolf wrote:Six more miles. Ugh. This running stuff is hard! In honor of Sara Jane's PR yesterday, I wore my Frees. I'm sorry... I could never run 26.2 miles in them. 10 is probably my max and even that is a lot.

I'm in the middle of baking a lemon meringue pie for Scott for Father's Day. It's his favorite. It's really his Birthday/Father's Day pie. I'll put a candle in it. I've yet to make the perfect lemon meringue pie. The first time I made one, the meringue shrank. I have now perfected the art of meringue, but last year, my custard was a little runny. I increased the cornstarch by 15 grams this time. I hope that wasn't too much of a boost, but I like it to slice neatly with no runniness. If it works, I'll post a picture.

Good job on the six and enjoy the lemon meringue pie!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Yum! Nice running,too btw. Don't worry about pace when it is hot.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Liz R wrote:Yum! Nice running,too btw. Don't worry about pace when it is hot.

My pace sucks whether it's hot or cold.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:This was one of those days when you know you have to run sometime, but you don't know when that sometime will be. It's a problem for me, in the summer, to have a workout with my trainer scheduled for 8:30 AM because I prefer to run early in the morning before it's too hot. I couldn't move it back though because I had a 10:00 doctor appointment. So, my run hung over my head all day while I did other things. Finally, at 5:00 I was able to give it a go but it had to be short because I was going to a 7:00 Planned Parenthood event and there was no way I was going to miss that!

I ended up running four very slow, grueling miles. I need to get used to running after tough strength workouts. Anyway, I shouldn't complain.... I did do two workouts today!

First off yes I know what it is like to know I have to run and I don't know when that will be. I hate it when that happens! Second good job fore even getting out there. My saying is "something is better then nothing" so again you got some miles in which is gaining more fitness then not doing it!

Natalie Wolf wrote:My body is imposing a 100% rest day today. It's a 3 Advil kind of sore day today. Ouch! I guess I did work out yesterday, huh? Probably the TRX that did me in. 3 sets of something similar to a chest press/pull-up with the straps. No wonder last nights run hurt so bad.

It's amazing how much working out can take out of you and how sore you can be from it when you don't do it for a while. Oh that TRX is good stuff and it is so tough!

Natalie Wolf wrote:I needed that day off yesterday. I'm still a little sore today, but I've had a very productive day so far. The dogs woke me up earlier than I wanted to get up, so I stayed in bed, wondering why I didn't just get up and get it over with. But, I did get out the door by 7:15 and ran 8 miles, which was my goal. It was warm and muggy, but it rained pretty much the whole second half of the run, which was nice. I am s...o.... s...l....o....w.... My average pace today was 11:30. 11:30!!!! Will I ever get through NY? How did I ever do it before?

Nice job on listening to your body and taking a rest day when you knew you need it. I do the same thing these days. I really don't plan a day off anymore rather let my body tell me when I need it off.

Haha again I know that feeling of waking up early and knowing I should get out of bed and get the run done but like a goof, what do I do rollover and go back to sleep and then put the run off to the end of the day. The whole time running I'm cursing myself for not doing it earlier. Don't worry about being slow right now Natalie just keep putting those miles in and you'll get there I promise you. You will get through NY. You did it before with hard work, commitment, drive, heart and patience.

Natalie Wolf wrote: My pace sucks whether it's hot or cold.

Don't feel bad my pace sucks sometimes whether it's hot or cold. Some times you just need to go out and run by feel and effort and let the numbers fall were they may! Go out and try and just enjoy your time out running. I know you already know this but we just need to be reminded from time to time. Hope this helps Natalie.

Oh here is to the afro
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:Six more miles. Ugh. This running stuff is hard! In honor of Sara Jane's PR yesterday, I wore my Frees. I'm sorry... I could never run 26.2 miles in them. 10 is probably my max and even that is a lot.

Hey there Natalie! Love lemon meringue pie....YUM! When is Scott's birthday? My dad's is June 20th, so he has a Father's Day/Birthday celebration as well. PLEASE post a pic!!

Great job on getting in the run!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:04 pm

It's still early in your training cycle. Let the paces come around as they will. Just try to enjoy the miles and not look at your watch until then Smile
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:It's still early in your training cycle. Let the paces come around as they will. Just try to enjoy the miles and not look at your watch until then Smile

+1

"Impatience has caused more training injuries than just about anything out there."
-Me

(The pie sounds delish.)
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:47 pm

So sorry! The pie came out perfectly and I was so excited I forgot to take a picture! It's delish!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:So sorry! The pie came out perfectly and I was so excited I forgot to take a picture! It's delish!

I'm glad it came out perfectly! But... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 am

Hi Natalie,

Running is always harder in the summer and I know you know that...I usually run around 5 or 530 a.m., I think even 830 would be hot. Once the sun is out, it's pretty miserable. Anyway, even if you run slower in the heat, when NY comes around, it will be cooler and you'll feel a big jump in ease and fitness. That's happened to me every fall marathon. So it makes you tougher!

Pie sounds really good. We have some rhubarb in our backyard that is going to be made into strawberry rhubarb cobbler before too long...
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 am

I'm totally enthralled with all of the food talk in here. Jelly Bellys, pies. Hey, can you make a carrot cake? Thats my favorite. Might convince me to come run the Pig! Smile

Rooting for the Reds tonight - beat those Yankees!!
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:44 am

Natalie Wolf wrote:So sorry! The pie came out perfectly and I was so excited I forgot to take a picture! It's delish!

After all the crap I ate yesterday you can keep your pie. bounce I am just pied out!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:28 pm

The pie is gone!!!???

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Just wanted to thank you at your blog for my "virtual" birthday present over at my blog. That's a great song. Thanks!!!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:29 am

Julie wrote:Hi Natalie,

Running is always harder in the summer

I actually don't mind the heat. It's not the heat that is making me slow. I'm just slow... My legs always feel tired. Makes me think there's something wrong with them, but I think it's because I weigh too much.

Ken Mello wrote:I'm totally enthralled with all of the food talk in here. Jelly Bellys, pies. Hey, can you make a carrot cake? Thats my favorite. Might convince me to come run the Pig! Smile

Rooting for the Reds tonight - beat those Yankees!!

I make an EXCELLENT carrot cake, so there you go. See you at the Pig! Bummer about last night's game. I'll be there tonight though, so maybe I'll bring good luck. The Reds seem to be winning only every other game anyway, so this could be a W.

Liz R wrote:The pie is gone!!!???

Nope. Not gone, but not so pretty anymore. I'll take a picture of the next one.

Seth Harrison wrote:Just wanted to thank you at your blog for my "virtual" birthday present over at my blog. That's a great song. Thanks!!!

You're welcome. My favorite song to sing, too.

Yesterday, Monday, was a strength day with no running. Mainly upper body stuff, but a few box step-ups and calves, but not enough to trash my legs. Today I ran 5 in 53:00. I should have worn a cap because the sun decided to be out -- I got a late start (about 8:15AM), so the sun was pretty good. It is sooooo hard to get back to any consistency. I think next year, I won't make any spring goals because I just can't seem to run regularly when it's cold outside. I so prefer the summer and fall!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:37 am

Good job on the 5.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:21 pm

Ok, well hopefully you bring good luck tonight! As for the Pig, I'd love to do it (but maybe the half).
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Oh, I am a bad blogger! Let's see... running has been uneventful this week and I didn't think I could make it seem more exciting by writing about it. I'm just trying to hang onto what little mileage I can before official NYCM training begins next Monday. Wednesday and Thursday were rough running days where I couldn't get above 3.5 miles either day. I blame my period. Next week no excuses. 25 miles for the week. Blah.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next