365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Peg Coover on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 am

Good luck on the campaign and that's great you are down to 125!!
avatar
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 669
Points : 3014
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Nebraska

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Mike MacLellan on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 am

Best of luck on your new endeavor! Those motivating factors sound like the ones you'd hope for in any political leader. Smile
avatar
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3082
Points : 7311
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 30
Location : Arlington, VA

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Penelope on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Natalie wrote:
JohnP wrote:What made you decide to run for council member?

I've lived here 14 years, run all the streets, and know the place pretty well. Why not me? I've got thick skin and enough money to finance a small campaign in case I don't get any donations. Wink I've got good ideas too.

Runny wise-- I'm not blogging, but just to prove that I'm (mostly) following the schedule, I was 125.2 pounds this morning. Very happy!



That's awesome! Best of luck with the campaigning. How do you even know where to start with that type of thing?

Also nice job on the weight loss! Keep up the good work with the running.
avatar
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Posts : 412
Points : 3164
Join date : 2011-06-22
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Julie on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:52 pm

I hope your campaigning all goes well!

Congrats on the wt loss and the training! I hope you're enjoying some cooler weather now.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6221
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:24 pm

[quote="Penelope"]
Natalie wrote:
JohnP wrote:What made you decide to run for council member?





That's awesome! Best of luck with the campaigning. How do you even know where to start with that type of thing?


I started online -- where else? First, I created a FB page "Natalie Wolf for Amberley Village Council" to get people to know I was running. Then I created a webpage for my campaign. You can view it at WolfforCouncilWolf for Council. Of course, that was after I submitted my petition to be on the ballot, assigned a treasurer, and all the other legal stuff. Wink The campaigning part is actually fun. I just hope I win!
avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Julie on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

Natalie, how is your daughter doing? I've been thinking of her.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6221
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  JohnP on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:12 pm

There's a chance I could get a pass to NYC, I assume you think the race is worth it? COnsidering how tough it is to get in, it may be too good to pass up if it really comes to pass.
avatar
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1225
Points : 4172
Join date : 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:58 pm

JohnP wrote:There's a chance I could get a pass to NYC, I assume you think the race is worth it? COnsidering how tough it is to get in, it may be too good to pass up if it really comes to pass.

Most fun marathon I've run. So fun, in fact, that as soon as I ran it in 2007, I thought it was worth it to enter the lottery again. I can't say that about any other marathon I've run. My husband liked Marine Corps from a spectator's standpoint (easy to get around), but for a runner, there is nothing like NY.
avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Liz R on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Shanah Tovah! Looking for pictures of delicious foods.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Posts : 205
Points : 2498
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 pm

[img][/img]

Carmel Apple trifle
avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Gobbles on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Yum!
avatar
Gobbles
Poster
Poster

Posts : 335
Points : 2886
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : Outside the Perimeter - Atlanta, GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:21 pm

I guess I'm really running for political office. My campaign signs are being destroyed and I'm being personally attacked. All for a volunteer job that pays virtually nothing.
avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Ken Mello on Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Natalie wrote:I guess I'm really running for political office. My campaign signs are being destroyed and I'm being personally attacked. All for a volunteer job that pays virtually nothing.

I guess you really DO have to have a thick skin to be in politics!
avatar
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Posts : 198
Points : 2492
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : Round Rock, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:35 am

Ken Mello wrote:
Natalie wrote:I guess I'm really running for political office. My campaign signs are being destroyed and I'm being personally attacked. All for a volunteer job that pays virtually nothing.

I guess you really DO have to have a thick skin to be in politics!

Definitely true. When I first read what was posted about me, I was initially upset. But as the day went on, I realized, 1) no one reads or knows about this particular website anyway and 2) I was being attacked for my ideas, which I'm happy to say that I have. And what's the opposite of having ideas? --- having no ideas.
avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Jerry on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:48 am

Tough job in politics. Good luck Natalie!
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2708
Points : 1004128
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  mul21 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:52 am

Natalie wrote:

Definitely true. When I first read what was posted about me, I was initially upset. But as the day went on, I realized, 1) no one reads or knows about this particular website anyway and 2) I was being attacked for my ideas, which I'm happy to say that I have. And what's the opposite of having ideas? --- having no ideas.

Ha! So true! People just suck sometimes.

On another note, are you willing to ship desserts? lol!
avatar
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 4543
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 41
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Liz R on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Yum!

Hoo boy! Dirty politics in city government? Wish I cold vote for you. Who is the opposition?

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Posts : 205
Points : 2498
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:54 pm

mul21 wrote:
Natalie wrote:

Definitely true. When I first read what was posted about me, I was initially upset. But as the day went on, I realized, 1) no one reads or knows about this particular website anyway and 2) I was being attacked for my ideas, which I'm happy to say that I have. And what's the opposite of having ideas? --- having no ideas.

Ha! So true! People just suck sometimes.

On another note, are you willing to ship desserts? lol!

Don't I wish! I just spent $85 to ship a birthday cake to my son who is away at college!

Liz, I've been instructed never to name my opponent by name. Wink He is a neighbor, though.
avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Taper! Taper! Taper!

I put off last week's final 20 in order to run a neighborhood 5k and be able to wear my campaign singlet. Hey -- anything for name recognition! I attempted to make up the 20 on Tuesday, but had to pit stop near my home and ended up answering the phone. It turned out to be a fellow candidate, which became a day of working on the village mailing list in order to do a final mailing. So much for my run. But, today was all business. I ran the 20 then came home and knocked on doors. I'm totally wiped! All I have left to do is straighten up the house and figure out something for dinner. Since it's already after 6:00, maybe I'll rearrange the order. Or maybe I'll just concentrate on dinner. How's pizza sound?

I hope everyone in NY sticks around after the marathon. I'm a little concerned that by the time I show up, everyone will have left and gone to bed. Sad

avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Julie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:57 pm

a new picture!

Wow, that is some cake for your son! I hope he gives you a nice thank you for it. Very Happy

Congrats on the 20 and I hope all goes well the next couple of weeks.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2602
Points : 6221
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Seth Harrison on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Natalie wrote:Taper! Taper! Taper!

I put off last week's final 20 in order to run a neighborhood 5k and be able to wear my campaign singlet. Hey -- anything for name recognition! I attempted to make up the 20 on Tuesday, but had to pit stop near my home and ended up answering the phone. It turned out to be a fellow candidate, which became a day of working on the village mailing list in order to do a final mailing. So much for my run. But, today was all business. I ran the 20 then came home and knocked on doors. I'm totally wiped! All I have left to do is straighten up the house and figure out something for dinner. Since it's already after 6:00, maybe I'll rearrange the order. Or maybe I'll just concentrate on dinner. How's pizza sound?

I hope everyone in NY sticks around after the marathon. I'm a little concerned that by the time I show up, everyone will have left and gone to bed. Sad


A 20 miler, campaigning, straightening the house, making dinner... I don't think you have enough on your plate.
No worries about everyone being gone post-marathon. I'm not running so I won't be pooped. I'll make sure I stick around long enough for you and I to finally meet.
Welcome to taper!
avatar
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Posts : 907
Points : 3448
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Irvington, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Peg Coover on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 am

I hope you ordered pizza!

Good job on the 20! New York would be a great marathon to run!
avatar
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 669
Points : 3014
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Nebraska

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Dave Wolfe on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Hope you have a great race. Weather looks near perfect for a run through NYC.
avatar
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Posts : 326
Points : 2708
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : NYC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:43 am

Thanks Dave! See you soon, hopefully smiling!
avatar
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Posts : 391
Points : 2701
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Mark B on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:50 am

Good luck out there this weekend, Natalie! It's time to own the Big Apple.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7133
Points : 15323
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 53
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum