365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

+32
John Kilpatrick
jon c
Jim Lentz
GregC
Penelope
Michael Enright
ChasMcG
Tom H
JohnP
mul21
Julie
Mrs. Schuey
Liz R
KathyK
Mark B
Admin
Tim M
Tea from RonItch
Schuey
Dave Wolfe
Seth Harrison
Jerry
dot520
Dave-O
Michele "1L" Keane
Peg Coover
Mike MacLellan
Ken Mello
Kenny B.
Matt W
Chris M
Natalie
36 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 8 Empty Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Peg Coover Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Natalie wrote:6 mile "pace" run this morning. I know it's completely unnecessary to say how gross it is outside, even at 7:30 AM. BUT, the run was decent, so no complaints other than the weather. I still prefer it to freezing cold.

Tomorrow 13 is on the schedule. My friend Nora said she wanted to run 7 miles with me, so we'll see. It's usually dependent on how much wine she drinks the night before, whereas I tend to run better when I've had a few drinks the night before... Wink I'm planning on driving to the bike trail, where it's relatively flat, but also because the bathrooms are at regular intervals and I like that.

I'm just trying to follow the training schedule and not overthink anything like pace. I'm 128 miles behind on my running goal for the year (1500) miles, and I'm not sure I'll ever catch up. I'm not going to actually TRY to catch up, but if I do by some miracle, then I'll be pleased.

Me too!!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Page 8 Empty Re: I want to be a part of it: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Post  Natalie Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 pm

13 miles complete. It's shady on the trail, but it's also like running in a jungle. I felt a little off the first four miles, which is where the first bathroom stop is and also where I met my friend. But, after a potty break, and a little cool-down break in the shade waiting for her, I felt better. 7.5 miles with Nora, then slogged the rest of the way back to my car by myself. There was a brief instance where I found myself exposed to the sun and man, was it HOT! I was completely drenched by the time I got to my car. Glad to have it done. 38 miles for the week, which included 6 days of running. It's a little much, as I'm tired. The combination of getting up early plus the extreme heat and humidity is taking a toll.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:52 pm

nice job, Natalie! Here is hoping is cools off soon. It's just tough running right now.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 am

So bizarre... once again I posted a blog entry that has completely disappeared.

3 miles recovery yesterday on the indoor track following a workout with my trainer. Once again, I'll confess that in my opinion, and that of my trainer, I look great. But -- I can't seem to lose a single pound! It is so frustrating! He suggested that I may need to eat more... that I'm not eating enough protein... which is probably correct. I'm trying to make more of an effort to, but it's tough. I don't go to the grocery much because none of the kids are around to eat anything I buy!

I ran a sloggy 7 miles this morning but my pace was decent considering the temperature: about 10:34 avg. overall. Two of the miles were run on the indoor track which lowered the average pace. Oh well... I take what I can get! Razz

Here is what Sarah has been doing in Israel the last 10 days or so. This video was just posted this morning and I'm so happy because I've been dying to see pictures or something from Israel! It's cute and Sarah is the blonde dancer in the cut-off blue t-shirt at :41 (behind the lettering), and at 2:04. Hope you enjoy it! It looks like she's having fun!

Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 am

What an awesome video! It looks like a fantastic program. How long is it for?
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:28 am

Seth Harrison wrote:What an awesome video! It looks like a fantastic program. How long is it for?

There were Opening Ceremonies, workshops, olympic sport comptetitions, closing ceremonies and performances between Monday, July 25-Sunday, July 31. Now all of the participants -- about 1200 from all over the US, Great Britain, South Africa, Australia, and Israel, are touring Israel. Sarah gets home Thursday morning. They stayed at people's homes in their sister cities -- Cincinnati's sister city is Netanya -- over Shabbat. Netanya is right on the beach, so Sarah was lucky. Her host family was Shabbat observant so it will be interesting to see how she liked that aspect...
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Your descriptive term "slogging" is exactly how I feel at times with the heat and humidity! Glad you made it through despite the adversity that mother nature throws at us.

Thanks for posting the video, looks like a really fantastic experience for your daughter! Very cool!Cool
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Sloggy is about all we can do in the heat/humidity! The protein comment might be a good try. I had a hard time losing wt when I was eating too low fat/protein because the carbohydrates alone weren't very sustaining. I know I can also tell a difference in ease of wt loss now vs 5-10 yrs ago, too. It seems like I used to just say "I'm going to lose wt" and I could do it without much effort.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:27 am

Great runs Natalie. Man, I'm so tired lately too. 6 days is a lot. I've been doing 5 a week and that's plenty, and I don't do other workouts like you. Impressive! No wonder you look so great!

Speaking of, how much do you wish you could lose? And why do you need to?
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:19 pm

I am running inside if I do today.

Hey, did Sarah notice any of the housing protests? We went by the tent city on Rothschild before we left, and it was VAST. I was surprised. I had been reading about it in the papers, but had no idea it was so big. An interesting new development for sure.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Liz, Sarah said they did see housing protests. She said they were protesting the cost of housing, but I hadn't heard about it until now. She had an amazing time in Israel and can't wait to go back again. I'm so glad and relieved!

My midweek short/easy runs are turning into my hardest runs. Yesterday's 3 was actually 2 + 1 mile walking. Today's 4.5 is most likely not happening. I'm working out at 2:00 and we are going to Paul McCartney tonight. In the meantime, I've picked up Sarah, gone to the grocery, done laundry, cleaned the house (a little), and worked on my class reunion, which is on Saturday (30 years).

I really do think I'm not liking the 6 day running schedule, and my need to modify it. Even though the sixth day is a short, easy run, I think I'd be better off doing some cross training. Maybe back to cycling. Or swimming...
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Paul M. is one of those artists I would really love to see.....
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:35 am

Peg Coover wrote:Paul M. is one of those artists I would really love to see.....

So worth it. Amazing.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:46 am

cross training is really valuable, I'd think 5 days/week would be plenty, that is what my schedule calls for then 2 days of rest/cross train. Of course every plan was designed for a particular reason and I'm not a running coach to know how to design a good program so take my advice with a grain of salt. Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm definitely running more than I'm blogging...
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Natalie wrote:I'm definitely running more than I'm blogging...

As you should!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:15 am

Natalie wrote:I'm definitely running more than I'm blogging...

As we both should - keep it up, Natalie.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Better to be running more than blogging rather that the other way around. How was Paul McCartney? I saw him in Atlanta a couple years ago and it was a great show.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Penelope wrote:Better to be running more than blogging rather that the other way around. How was Paul McCartney? I saw him in Atlanta a couple years ago and it was a great show.

Paul McCartney was AMAZING! Anyone who paid ANYTHING for that show got everything they paid for.

I'm too distracted to blog... My running is going well, except not this weekend because it's my nephew's bar mitzvah and we're busy doing family things that require I be ON TIME TO events... especially in the morning. Then, this week will be a little bit of a mess because I'm driving Freddie to Maryland on Monday and helping him move into his apartment.

But, the running is going great... Oh... and speaking of "running," I'm running for for a council seat here in my village, so that's got me a little preoccupied. In fact, during last Sunday's 14 mile long run, I did a little campaigning by stopping four times to meet voters in my neighborhood who I did not know. Wink So, I'll let you know how this new endeavor goes.

Ciao!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Wow, a politician in our midst!!! I think that's great. I assume the election is in November? Good luck!!!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:22 pm

A politician?? So you're the one to blame for this mess!

Glad the running is going well...
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:05 pm

You'll be great as a council member!

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:43 pm

What made you decide to run for council member?
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:26 pm

JohnP wrote:What made you decide to run for council member?

I've lived here 14 years, run all the streets, and know the place pretty well. Why not me? I've got thick skin and enough money to finance a small campaign in case I don't get any donations. Wink I've got good ideas too.

Runny wise-- I'm not blogging, but just to prove that I'm (mostly) following the schedule, I was 125.2 pounds this morning. Very happy!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Yay! Wish I lived in Cincy so I could vote for you, not to mention help you eat all those desserts you make.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next