365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trails for Two

5 posters

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down

Trails for Two - Page 10 Empty Re: Trails for Two

Post  nkrichards Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Hope the move went well.  

No excuses now...let's see some running reports.   Running Running
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Well, Mark can now do inside hillwork in his new senior pad.  And barefoot, if he wants.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 pm

ounce wrote:Well, Mark can now do inside hillwork in his new senior pad.  And barefoot, if he wants.

I forgot about the stairs...they'll help keep Mark and Alita fit whether they like it or not!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:Well, Mark can now do inside hillwork in his new senior pad.  And barefoot, if he wants.

I forgot about the stairs...they'll help keep Mark and Alita fit whether they like it or not!

That'll help, that's for sure. Right now, I'm just sore in all sorts of new and exciting places after weeks of preparation, cleaning, packing, hauling, unpacking, etc. My honey-do list is as long as my arm, but our marriage survived the team assembly of big IKEA dresser, so it's all good! It's starting to look and feel like home. The cats seem to like it, and Alec did, too, when he paid a visit over Thanksgiving. 

We visited the workout room, which is pretty close to our place, and we were pretty impressed. It has a treadmill, recumbent bike, elliptical and something sort of but not quite a stair climber. An incline climber? Anyway, it was nice. Also some free weights and a few weight machines. We will definitely have the chance to do some cross training. Gonna have to figure out how to do it, I suppose, once all the effects of all the practical weightlifting I've been doing abate. Wink

More later. It's been ridiculously hectic. Who knew that moving was so stressful? Oh wait. Everybody but us, right?

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:07 pm

I remember you saying the area you're in, now, was close to the paper.  How's that working out and is there much difference for Alita?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:04 pm

We moved here in 1989...I can't imagine moving after all these years.  We did demolish a good portion of the house in 2009 and rebuild it so we had to pack and sort our belongings then but even with that I think it would be overwhelming.

How long were you in your house?

Hope you're settling in well...and able to enjoy the holidays now that you're all moved in.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Glad you survived your move and from the pictures, it looks like Fluff is quite comfortable in his new abode.  I've been helping my daughter move this past week and we have one of those swedish dressers to put together tomorrow.  We could kill each other - lol.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Well, let's see.  How many other questions can I ask?

So what is less convenient to drive to, now that you've moved?  Conversely, what are you thrilled to be nearer?

Are you going to purchase a fishing pole and go and fetch you a salmon?

Has Fluff made any new friends?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:55 pm

With this being the short sun time of year, how do you expect the new pad to do with the summer's long days?  Too much sun for where it shines?  (inquiring minds want to know cyclops )

I guess being near the water makes it warmer and less chance of snow, compared to the old house?

Less chance of trick or treaters, now?

How much of the garage has been freed up, due to unpacking and disposal?

Walking to work?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 pm

cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops 

You're getting verrrrrry sleepy.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Official SCZ!!!!!!

Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Question about high school and college orchestras.

There's a tune from 1939 by the Benny Goodman band called 'Sing, Sing, Sing!'  It's about 9 minutes long.

Do you think either of Alec's high school or WSU orchestras could play it?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:39 pm

I've been remiss in posting here. Glad Ounce is taking advantage of the opportunity.  cyclops

ounce wrote:Well, let's see.  How many other questions can I ask?

So what is less convenient to drive to, now that you've moved?  Conversely, what are you thrilled to be nearer?

Are you going to purchase a fishing pole and go and fetch you a salmon?

Has Fluff made any new friends?

It's inconvenient to find a gas station. Still working on that one.

Great to be so close to work. A grocery store is ridiculously close, too.

Salmon idea... not bad! Hm...

Fluff hasn't made new friends yet, but there are some squirrels about, so who knows?

ounce wrote:With this being the short sun time of year, how do you expect the new pad to do with the summer's long days?  Too much sun for where it shines?  (inquiring minds want to know cyclops )

I guess being near the water makes it warmer and less chance of snow, compared to the old house?

Less chance of trick or treaters, now?

How much of the garage has been freed up, due to unpacking and disposal?

Walking to work?

We get morning sun, mostly. One window faces west, but it shoudl be fine.

Snow chances slightly less. Ice chances... maybe higher. East wind out of the Columbia River Gorge.

The garage will fit one car. We've decided to NOT save furniture for Alec in the hopes of getting a second car in there eventually. (We'll let him have our living room furniture and get some new stuff for us when the time comes. )

Not walking to work yet. But its in the future for both of us, I think.

ounce wrote:cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops cyclops 

You're getting verrrrrry sleepy.

You said it. I'm waiting for some fire alarm guy to check out the fire sprinkler system. Hopefully Fluff won't take notes.

I've been waiting since 8. I see the guy out in his van eating a sandwich. Sigh.

ounce wrote:Official SCZ!!!!!!

Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride Ride

Cowboy up! I totally deserved this.

ounce wrote:Question about high school and college orchestras.

There's a tune from 1939 by the Benny Goodman band called 'Sing, Sing, Sing!'  It's about 9 minutes long.

Do you think either of Alec's high school or WSU orchestras could play it?

I know that song well. I used to work at a radio station that played big band music. The key part of "Sing Sing Sing" was Gene Krupa's amazing, groundbreaking drum solo. Other than that, the song is pretty straightforward, and probably a lot of fun to play. I'm sure they could handle it.

Missed one: Our commute is about 5 minutes for each of us now. It's amazing. I even come home for lunch sometimes.

Last edited by Mark B on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Glad you survived your move and from the pictures, it looks like Fluff is quite comfortable in his new abode.  I've been helping my daughter move this past week and we have one of those swedish dressers to put together tomorrow.  We could kill each other - lol.

Yup. It's a great relationship test. We survived ours. Whew! Laughing

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Sounds like you're settling in OK but still have things to adjust to...

We took our Mom's to the Christmas lights at Shore Acres State Park and also spent a night at Heceta Lighthouse B&B.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the Yachats/Cape Perpetua area.  Even though Mom has significant mobility issues there was still a lot that we could see/do.  It was a long drive for us though...especially since we had to pick our Mom's up in Sandy...and Mom does not like I 5 so we took the long route.  I'd love to take the grandkids to that area but I'm not sure I could survive the drive.   Shocked

Enjoy the holidays...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:06 pm

In the movie, "The Benny Goodman Story," Krupa is in the movie and plays drums on "Sing, Sing, Sing" in Carnegie Hall.  I think he's in the whole movie.  Steve Allen plays Goodman.  I enjoyed it.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:53 pm

Merry Christmas, all! We had a quiet day so far, in our new place. Kind of amazed that we actually managed to do it!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Mark B wrote:Merry Christmas, all! We had a quiet day so far, in our new place. Kind of amazed that we actually managed to do it!

Good to hear that you enjoyed Christmas in your new place.  It was quite an accomplishment to get everything done and get settled before the holidays.  Hope you're enjoying your time relaxing now that you're settled in.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:48 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Resolutions/goals for 2020?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:14 am

nkrichards wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Resolutions/goals for 2020?
His goal is to lessen the impact of Home Depot on his packed, yet to be unpacked, boxes.  Don't lose the cats!

Oh, and Happy New Year to Alita, 2nd semester Alec (how's the work/study?), and even you, too, Mark. pirat
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:52 pm

Hey, you. Nancy's requesting some Taper Madness for my Half. You writing helps me pick up some thoughts to make it Lisa-like.

I'll start it in the morning after a 3 mile run.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:13 pm

We may never hear from Mark again.  They got impressive amounts of rain in his area...with more expected.  If he didn't/doesn't drown he'll likely slide out of control on the predicted ice/snow and it won't end well. Sad
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm

nkrichards wrote:We may never hear from Mark again.  They got impressive amounts of rain in his area...with more expected.  If he didn't/doesn't drown he'll likely slide out of control on the predicted ice/snow and it won't end well. Sad
How can he even THINK about being away during TAPER MAAAAAADNESSSSSSS!!!!

Does he think he has a life that trumps TAPER MAAAAADNESSSSS!!!!?

It's the yuuuuuuuugest horrible time of the YEAR!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 pm

SCZ!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised 
Shocked Cool Laughing Mad 
Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation