365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering aimlessly...

5 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Wandering aimlessly... - Page 10 Empty Re: Wandering aimlessly...

Post  nkrichards Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Mark B wrote:Merry Christmas, Nancy! Hope you're having a great holiday season.

Thanks Mark.  Trying to start getting a bit more active even though it's the holidays...

Marty and I are both trying to make exercise and better eating habits a priority.  Hope we're able to turn our desires into reality.

Exhausted on our return from Elk Lake with the Grandkids on Monday.

Tuesday - 30 minute cardio workout, 3 mile easy effort run  @12:30 HR 148  That was a bit disappointing.  I've lost more fitness than I realized.

Wednesday - 30 minute cardio workout with weights
We were on our own on Christmas day so opted for a hike.  Tam-a-lau trail.  7 miles with 700' elevation change.  All up at the beginning and then a nice flat loop and back down at the end.  It snowed on us but it was a fun way to spend the day.

Thursday - Whoa...I woke up SORE!  30 minutes of Pilates.

Friday - Woke up with good intentions...  
I registered for a learn to ski package at Bachelor.  (I need to be able to downhill ski in order to complete the Pole Pedal Paddle as an individual.)  I get 5 lessons including rental and lift ticket.  Upon completion I get a 12 day lift ticket pass good for anytime the rest of the season and a discount on 3 private lessons.  Also some discounts on gear and 50% off a season pass for next year if I decide to continue.  All for a total cost of $250.   Shocked   The idea is to get you hooked on the sport.  
Marty and I dawdled over a 2nd cup of coffee and then decided to run to Bend to complete my registration and pick up the ski gear I needed at REI.  We stayed for lunch.

Saturday - I've participated in a fun little local fundraising event called Freeze Your Fanny that takes place the last Saturday of the year for several years.  They cancelled at the last minute this year.   Sad  I was planning to participate even though I wasn't fit at all.  They offer a few different options but I always run a 5K and then hop in the pool for a 500 yard swim.  Janice ran into Dr. Beamer who told her that he was worried people might not realize it was cancelled and they might show up.  So he planned to be there with a watch just in case.  He invited us to run and swim even though it wasn't an official event.  So we did.  I'll admit I wasn't looking forward to it.

Janice's husband, Chuck, ran the 5K with us.  Janice and I swam as well.  It wasn't fast by any stretch of the imagination but it was fun.  Our 5K was @11:42 and it's fairly hilly so I was actually pleasantly surprised with that.  No HR data as I forgot my chest strap.  My swim went well also.  When I'm really fit I can swim 500 yards in under 10:00.  I was hoping to complete it in under 11:00 today.  I felt surprisingly well after the first few laps and managed to finish in 10:37.  Janice wasn't far behind.

It turned out to be a gorgeous day for a run.  I'm really pleased that Janice encouraged me to do it with her.

Not an impressive effort but a decent effort the last few days...hope I can keep it up.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Wandering aimlessly... - Page 10 Empty Re: Wandering aimlessly...

Post  nkrichards Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Final post in this blog.  2019 is over and my stats do indeed indicate that I've wandered aimlessly all year.  Embarassed

I'll post a summary separately.

Here's to 2020 and finding purpose and motivation.  Running Running   Ride
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum