365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Term Limits?

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Re: Term Limits?

Post  nkrichards on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:28 am

As I've said in the past...I'm not sure I'd run if I lived where it was as hot and humid as it is there.  And in the dark...nope...not me.  Good to hear that you got in a daylight run and cooler temps are on the way.  Very Happy

Pretty cool what you're doing with the WBC donation.  Marty and Kevin both try and donate blood on a regular basis.  Wish I was able to but they just can't get the blood to flow well enough to fill the bag.  After several tries they thanked me for my willingness and asked me not to bother them anymore.   Crying or Very sad  Hope you're a match and can help someone out.
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks, Nancy.  Sorry your veins aren't up to doing whole blood.  

I wasn't up to running, this morning, but that just means that I'll run tomorrow morning.  Still 72-74 degrees, to boot.  One of these days, I hope to get back to running every other day.  Persevering and base building, hopefully, will work.  I do desire to run 2 more Houston marathons.

On WBC, I found out this afternoon that I have been successfully screened to donate.  It evidently isn't too high of a bar.  The lady on the phone said that the bar is much higher for stem cell grafting.  Patients that have a wide network of friends can probably get enough donors, after the screening and the absorption of being stationery for 3 hours.

Seemed like taking a medical history is a lot of the screening, plus the platelet donation for analysis, and that being diabetic could be a red or yellow flag because I was asked twice about it, yesterday.

Next step is for a coordinator to determine which patients don't have a pool of donors and to contact me to set up an appointment for me to get the drugs, then donate the following morning.

Thanks for your time.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:41 pm

This morning, it was 74 degrees with zero wind, unless a bus or 18 wheeler passed me.  Six miles was on tap and miracuously (almost shockingly) I plodded through it.  Cadence was 155

6 miles, 1:30:34, 15:06 pace, 150 avg spm, 0.71 m avg stride length, 1st half pace 14:36, 2nd half pace 15:36
1.  14:23, 156 spm, 72 sl
2.  14:26, 156 spm, 72 sl
3.  14:58, 149 spm, 72 sl
4.  15:23, 150 spm, 70 sl
5.  15:42, 145 spm, 71 sl
6.  15:42, 146 spm, 70 sl

Rolling Eyes
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:03 pm

I'm like Nancy and cannot donate blood - maybe too low a heart rate? But at any rate, the one time I did succeed in giving a whole pint, it took 3 hrs for me to fill the bag.  I've given up as I'm also borderline on the weight requirement anyway.

Good work on the 6 miles - just take it easy and you'll get back there.  I've got a good friend running Houston this winter, so I hope the weather cooperates.  Of course, like Houston, it is still very much summer here in Atlanta.  It was "cool" this morning at 66F but our humidity was close to 100%.  It will be close to 90F again today for the high and we have broken records the last three days in a row.  90s in October is not right.

Of course, there is no climate change or global warming - just ask DC.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I'm like Nancy and cannot donate blood - maybe too low a heart rate? But at any rate, the one time I did succeed in giving a whole pint, it took 3 hrs for me to fill the bag.  I've given up as I'm also borderline on the weight requirement anyway.

Good work on the 6 miles - just take it easy and you'll get back there.  I've got a good friend running Houston this winter, so I hope the weather cooperates.  Of course, like Houston, it is still very much summer here in Atlanta.  It was "cool" this morning at 66F but our humidity was close to 100%.  It will be close to 90F again today for the high and we have broken records the last three days in a row.  90s in October is not right.

Of course, there is no climate change or global warming - just ask DC.
I would bet it's your weight.  The more you weigh, the more fluid you have.  

90s in October is not right.  Because of hurricane Michael, we got our first Fall front with drier air and everything!  It was 63 this morning and it was only 78 degrees at 7 p.m., instead of 4 a.m.  Really felt nice. Next week, another front comes through to drop morning lows into the 50s.  We've got Fall!

It was ALSO because of that front that Michael deflected to Florida, instead of Louisiana or Texas.  That thing REALLY intensified quickly.  There was zero wind shear to topple it, nor restrict its exhausting warm air out of the top of the storm.  It was a free breathing cyclone.

-30-

I have 2 runs to report.  One on Tuesday for 5 miles and one today for 3 miles.

Tuesday was to be a 6 mile run, but the legs thought 5 were enough.  It was 76 degrees at near 100% humidity.  I continue to set a goal cadence of 155.  Last Thursday was 6 miles.

5 miles, 1:12:30, 14:29 avg pace, 151 avg cadence, 73 m avg stride length
1.  14:07, 155 spm, 73 sl
2.  13:58, 156 spm, 74 sl
3.  14:04, 152 spm, 74 sl
4.  14:47, 147 spm, 74 sl
5.  14:52, 148 spm, 72 sl

According to the cadence chart, my cadence started slipping at 2.77 miles.  The legs were right to make it 5.  I'm really surprised I didn't pass 15 minutes on a split.  So sad to see splits like this, but the cooler weather coming in the days ahead.  I'll just keep pluggin' away.

-30-

This morning, I welcomed 63 degrees with a slight north breeze!  Felt really nice.  Now, you may remember that I had been running every 3 days because the legs weren't agreeable to running every 2.  I was hoping the cooler temperatures would be a missing link to be able to run every 2 days, again.

It worked.  I ran 3 miles in 13 degree cooler weather.  The legs didn't seem to mind at all.  Never thought to run 4 miles, but in retrospect, I could've.

3 miles, 42:19, 14:06 pace, 155 avg cadence, 0.74 m avg stride length.
1.  14:20, 156 spm, 72 sl
2.  13:47, 155 spm, 75 sl
3.  13:57, 156 spm, 74 sl

Whew.  Now if I can just build on that with this here cooler weather, I might just be able to run 13 in January.  8 miles for the week.  I'll try to run on Saturday for 5 or 6 miles.  If not, then Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 pm

It was 71 degrees, this morning, with an occasional breeze.  I wanted to see if I could do 5 miles, only after running on Thursday.  Which would be an interesting and encouraging development because it hasn't happened, I think, since the Spring.  155 was the cadence.

7.42 miles, 1:50:13, 14:52 avg pace, 149 avg cadence, 0.73 m avg stride length.

Tired, but very content I am.  I got to mile 3 which is about a third of a mile from the Memorial Park 3 mile loop and decided to carry on.  This distance is the 6.66 mile Devil's Loop plus the additional 0.70 miles as a result of where my new apt is (+/- 0.10 miles).

Really pleased with that run.

I will post the splits later, but I am about to head downtown to Minute Maid Park (nicknamed the 'Juice Box') for game 1 of the ALCS with Miche1e's last team in the hunt, the Red Sox.  The Juice Box is broadcasting the game on the big screen and about 20,000 people are anticipated to attend with a free coupon.  Should be fun.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12