365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross Country US Championships

3 posters

Go down

Cross Country US Championships Empty Cross Country US Championships

Post  nkrichards Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:15 pm

The Cross Country US Championships were held in Bend this weekend.  It was a sloppy mess!  I wasn't able to go watch but in the pictures in the paper it looks like portions of the course had several inches of mud.  It was also reported to be quite slippery.  They had volunteers shoveling snow to clear the course for several days.  It was only a 2K course (they ran loops).  Is that normal or did they shorten it because of the snow?  Senior Men and Women ran 10K, Masters Men and Women and Junior Boys ran 8K.  Junior Girls ran 6k.  The community race was 4K.  No wonder it got sloppy.  That's a lot of laps and a lot of footsteps around a short loop.  It seems like it would get pretty beat up in the best of conditions. 

It almost seemed like such poor conditions that it made the event a bit unfair...or is this normal for cross country?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Cross Country US Championships Empty Re: Cross Country US Championships

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:24 pm

That is all completely normal!  My first national XC race was in North Carolina in a rain storm, and in 2" of red clay mud.  I slid down a hill in the 2nd loop on my butt - just XC at its best.   And the distances are normal as well.  I ran Club XC Nationals in Tallahassee in December and was thankful that it was just cold and hadn't rained in two days - better footing and only a little mud.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:28 am

I've seen video of XC Nationals in Portland that were also a complete bog.

Isn't that some sort of requirement for that sort of running? It looks treacherous, but kinda fun.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down