365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Trails for Two

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:21 pm

@nkrichards wrote:Good luck on your streak!  Sounds like you're going to have some tough days especially this winter...nice that you have the option to hit the treadmill if you need that option to keep the streak going.

From the sounds of things this streak may affect a lot more areas of you life than just running...meal timing and choice.

We got enough snow last night to turn everything white and the snowpack in the mountains is slightly better.

Stay warm...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.  Hope the Christmas Day run goes well.

Thanks, Nancy! I've never tried streaking before (well, this kind....), so it's an undiscovered country. Right now, we're alternating between 3 mile runs and shorter dashes of 1 or 2 miles. I'll be interested to see how our bodies react over time. Will they break down, or get stronger? Time will tell.

What I'm really looking forward to is getting this established as a habit. It's weird during Christmas break, since we're trying to squeeze them in at all sorts of odd hours. Once we get back into our usual routine, it might get easier.

So cool that you got snow! Central Oregon is already pretty, but it's especially nice under a blanket of snow. There's a chance we might get some low-elevation snow on Christmas Eve, which would be fun for everybody.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Easy Run: 1.42 miles with Alita

Weather: Overcast, chilly. About 35° Gear: Topos, tights, long-sleeved T, pullover, jacket,hat, gloves.

This is one of those "keep the streak alive" runs, so we kept it short. We dressed a little warmer than needed for a longer run since we'd barely be warmed up by the time we finished. The run felt easy, and we kept the pace mostly in the 11s. I was tempted to go longer but we were pressed for time. I also had to rein in Alita once, when she wanted to push the pace since it was a short run. Not this time. This was more of a recovery run. We did goose it a little at the end.

Perhaps we'll have to do some short, fast repeats every week or so to satisfy her inner Fast Freddie... (yes, of course, her's) bounce

Walked first 5, last couple of minutes.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:18 pm

Sleety run with Alita: 3 miles

Weather: Overcast with sleet and wind. 31° Gear: Topos, tights (brr), long-sleeved T, jacket, hat, gloves.

It was sleeting this morning when we headed out for our run, but the conditions weren't so icy that we had to head indoors. It did require a lot more concentration and greater core work than an average. sloppy run. We could definitely feel it. It was fun getting out there, but we were disappointed to see that, about 30 minutes after we finished, the sleet turned into snow. Sigh. Well, maybe we'll get a white Christmas run in tomorrow.

Walked first and last 5 minutes.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Icy, crunchy run with Alita: 1.5 miles

Weather: Overcast, 34° with slushy ice. Gear: Topos, new pants, long-sleeved T, pullover, jacket, hat, gloves.

Out for our step-back easy run, and it was easier than we thought it'd be. The ice underfoot had melted to big crystals, so it crunched nicely but wasn't really slippery at all. Woot.

The time was a bit extended since I forgot to turn off my Garmin as I shoveled the ice from the driveway.

Walked first and last 5 minutes.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  ounce on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:12 pm

@nkrichards wrote:Good luck on your streak!  Sounds like you're going to have some tough days especially this winter...nice that you have the option to hit the treadmill if you need that option to keep the streak going.

From the sounds of things this streak may affect a lot more areas of you life than just running...meal timing and choice.

We got enough snow last night to turn everything white and the snowpack in the mountains is slightly better.

Stay warm...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.  Hope the Christmas Day run goes well.
Mark can handle it.  If his shoes don't dry out, he can always go barefoot!
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4950
Points : 13775
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:01 am

Wait.... did someone say "barefoot"?

---

Barefoot Treadmill Run: 1.25 miles

We didn't get out this morning and didn't have much time tonight, so I fired up the treadmill for a short barefoot run to keep the streak going -- and get some form practice. I started with a couple of minutes walking, then picked up the pace to an easy run. I used my HR monitor (though I forgot to hit "start") and saw my HR wasn't too horrible at the pace I was at. (In the 11s, mostly.)

I clunked a while until about 0.6 miles in, when my body shifted to a forefoot strike all by itself. It stayed there for most of the rest of the run. Very interesting.

Walked a couple of minutes at the end as a cool down.




_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  nkrichards on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:24 pm

I think Doug had an outdoor barefoot run in mind but your dreadmill run served it's purpose and kept the streak alive...

This streak thing sounds like fun!
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2200
Points : 7633
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 60
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm

@nkrichards wrote:I think Doug had an outdoor barefoot run in mind but your dreadmill run served it's purpose and kept the streak alive...

This streak thing sounds like fun!

Yes, I'm sure he meant outdoors. I've done that plenty of times, but icy darkness and bare feet aren't necessarily the best combination. affraid

The streak IS fun. Today was the ninth day in a row we ran. I think it's becoming a habit. I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it yesterday, and boy, did it make me cranky. I'm glad we have the treadmill.

It's more than just fun, though: I read one ultramarathoner's high-frequency low-mileage strategy for running 100s. Her advice was to get out and run every day (or as often as possible), even if it's only for 10 minutes on some days. That's enough stimulus to make the long term changes you need to go and go and go. (And, I assume, it also gets your body used to running while slightly fatigued.) Obviously, we'll need to do longer runs as we progress toward our 24-hour goal race, but these little deposits in our body's accounts should pay big dividends later.

The freezing rain predicted overnight last night didn't happen, so we got our run in this morning. But not until after I went outside, barefoot, to checkj the driveway, sidewalk and street for icy patches in 33.5° weather and make sure it was safe.

---

Morning Run with Alita: 3.56 miles

Weather: Overcast, light mist but no accumulating ice. 34° Gear: Topos, new pants, long-sleeved T, pullover, jacket, hat, gloves

They'd forecasted freezing rain, but the temperature rose just far enough above freezing here, so we didn't wake up to a sheet of ice. Whew! We started slowly, though, with an abundance of caution, and didn't really speed up for the whole run. We took a slightly different route, which Alita liked a lot. It avoids the infamous ravine, which is a little dicey in the dark.

I was a bit fatigued since I did my barefoot treadmill run only nine hours before. Not quite a double, but it felt like one!

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 am

Easy run: 1.6 miles

Weather: Foggy with light rain starting up. 35° Gear: Topos, pants, T, lighter pullover, jacket, hat, gloves.

Alita had a headache and sore throat this morning and decided to do her short day run after I'm at work, so I headed out on my own this morning. I went a little faster but didn't push it. I ended up doing about a mile and a half counting the warm up and cool down. Interesting that we *still* have a few cars with snow/ice on them this morning, days after it came down. It's barely warmed up at all.

Brief review of my new Nike Storm running pants. They are a LOT warmer than I expected. Their big selling point is a water-repellent thigh, which I have yet to test in really raining conditions, but unlike my other tights, they don't seem to breathe when my legs start to warm up. I had been looking for lighter weight pants but I don't think these are going to fit that role. They're still good pants for the cold and wet, though. Just might need to get ANOTHER set of pants! (Or see if I can get my old ones repaired - they split a seam on the inner thighs.)

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:43 am

Warm and rainy run with Alita: 3.5 miles

Weather: Rainy but a balmy 53° Gear: Topos, shorts (!), long-sleeved T, jacket, hat, gloves

After weeks near freezing, this morning felt positively tropical. Of course, it meant it was raining, but it was still warm enough for shorts and a single layer under the jacket. There was a bit of a breeze, but only by local standards. We ended up pretty wet, but not soaked.

Alita did a run early yesterday evening, so she was feeling it this morning. We kept the pace a little slower, and I tried to relax and let my body remember how to best run at that speed (it was in the low 12s), since that'll probably be our pace at the 24-hour event in the summer. It felt pretty relaxed.

Walked first and last 5 minutes.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  nkrichards on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Nice to see you and Alita getting in some good runs after all the time you spent doing PT. 

Enjoy the warmer weather and keep that streak going... Running
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2200
Points : 7633
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 60
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:05 pm

@nkrichards wrote:Nice to see you and Alita getting in some good runs after all the time you spent doing PT. 

Enjoy the warmer weather and keep that streak going... Running

Streaking with a spouse is always the way to go. Very Happy

For example...

Sunset run with Alita: 2.3 miles

Weather: A few clouds, cool. 48° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover.

Out for what was going to be only a mile, but things felt good enough to double the distance and cruise at a nice pace. We were averaging between 10:30 and 11:15 or so. Alita was fine with it, until I told her she was going fast, then she immediately started sucking wind. Total pysch out. So I told her we'd slowed down, though we hadn't really, and her breathing became regular again. I told her that after the run, and she found it amusing.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:14 pm

Last run of 2017!

New Year's Eve Afternoon run with Alita: 2 miles

Weather: Clear, 44° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover, jacket, gloves.

Our for a streak-sustaining easy run, except we ended up running a bit faster, and then decided to round it up to 2 miles at the end -- at an even faster pace. It felt fine, though, and going a little faster was fun.

A quick synopsis

Mileage:
733.2 miles according to Stava (which includes walks), with 52,064 feet of vertical gain.

Not bad, considering the time off for injury. I'll be interested to see what 2018 brings.

See you next year!




_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Julie on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 pm

Happy new year ! Here's to an injury free year.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6576
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:11 am

@Julie wrote:Happy  new  year !  Here's to an injury  free year.

Amen to that!

Happy New Year to you, too!

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  nkrichards on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:47 pm

@Mark B wrote:
Streaking with a spouse is always the way to go. Very Happy

For example...

Sunset run with Alita: 2.3 miles

Weather: A few clouds, cool. 48° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover.

Out for what was going to be only a mile, but things felt good enough to double the distance and cruise at a nice pace. We were averaging between 10:30 and 11:15 or so. Alita was fine with it, until I told her she was going fast, then she immediately started sucking wind. Total pysch out. So I told her we'd slowed down, though we hadn't really, and her breathing became regular again. I told her that after the run, and she found it amusing.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.
Careful Mark...that comment could be taken in more than one way.  Can't wait to see Doug's response.

In all seriousness though..your example just goes to show that running is as much mental as it is physical.

Good to see you and Alita running healthy into the New Year...keep it up!
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2200
Points : 7633
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 60
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm

@nkrichards wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
Streaking with a spouse is always the way to go. Very Happy

For example...

Sunset run with Alita: 2.3 miles

Weather: A few clouds, cool. 48° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover.

Out for what was going to be only a mile, but things felt good enough to double the distance and cruise at a nice pace. We were averaging between 10:30 and 11:15 or so. Alita was fine with it, until I told her she was going fast, then she immediately started sucking wind. Total pysch out. So I told her we'd slowed down, though we hadn't really, and her breathing became regular again. I told her that after the run, and she found it amusing.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.
Careful Mark...that comment could be taken in more than one way.  Can't wait to see Doug's response.

In all seriousness though..your example just goes to show that running is as much mental as it is physical.

Good to see you and Alita running healthy into the New Year...keep it up!

Taken another way? My, whatever could you mean? Shocked

(Why don't we have an innocent angel smiley? Oh well...)


_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Salmon Creek Greenway run with Alita: 4 miles

Weather: Clear but chilly. from about 40° to near freezing in some shaded spots. Gear: Topos, shorts (BRR!!), T, pullover, gloves.

Alita are both off for New Year's Day (technically, I've been on call all weekend), so we decided to keep our streak going and start 2018 with an afternoon run in the Salmon Creek Greenway. It was a pretty afternoon, but it looked a lot warmer than it was. I confidently suggested wearing lighter gear on the bottom half, thinking it was in the mid 40s. It was probably closer to 40 in the warmer parts of the cold air basin where we were running -- and we had ice on the ground in the cooler parts. Oops!

The run itself went pretty well. Alita kept pushing the pace -- in the 9s sometimes! -- and I had to rein her in. The things you do to try to get warm. We also stopped a couple of times to take photos, and we walked a few times. I also had to deal with some work things (the joy of being on call), which led to a few unexpected walk breaks.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Barefoot Treadmill Run: 1.2 miles total

Time for a short recovery run before work, barefoot style.

I confirmed an interesting trend I'd observed previously: After I've gone about a half mile running barefoot, my landing moves from more of a heel/midfoot to forefoot/midfoot. It gets a LOT quieter when that happens. And it seems to happen naturally as I warm up. It might explain why my first mile barefoot outdoors always feels creaky but then feels nice after that. I did a slo-motion video of myself while running and confirmed that my heel was not touching down first. Most of the videos I've done before have not been after warmed up. Interseting.

I threw on the HR monitor, too. I had the pace at about 11:30 on the TM, and my HR stayed fairly steady throughout, though it did rise when I started to go up on my forefoot, though it could have just been a side effect of me warming up.

Walked 0.1 mile at start and end of run. Average HR for entire workout 124

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  ounce on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@nkrichards wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
Streaking with a spouse is always the way to go. Very Happy

For example...

Sunset run with Alita: 2.3 miles

Weather: A few clouds, cool. 48° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover.

Out for what was going to be only a mile, but things felt good enough to double the distance and cruise at a nice pace. We were averaging between 10:30 and 11:15 or so. Alita was fine with it, until I told her she was going fast, then she immediately started sucking wind. Total pysch out. So I told her we'd slowed down, though we hadn't really, and her breathing became regular again. I told her that after the run, and she found it amusing.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.
Careful Mark...that comment could be taken in more than one way.  Can't wait to see Doug's response.

In all seriousness though..your example just goes to show that running is as much mental as it is physical.

Good to see you and Alita running healthy into the New Year...keep it up!

Taken another way? My, whatever could you mean? Shocked

(Why don't we have an innocent angel smiley? Oh well...)

I have no idea what she means, either. Neutral

We haven't hit 40 degrees in a day or so.

Oh, Running Warehouse has Topos for 25% off.  Don't know styles or quantities, but thought I'd mention it.

And keep up with that running streak!  Maybe Nancy can explain her statement.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4950
Points : 13775
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:36 am

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@nkrichards wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
Streaking with a spouse is always the way to go. Very Happy

For example...

Sunset run with Alita: 2.3 miles

Weather: A few clouds, cool. 48° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover.

Out for what was going to be only a mile, but things felt good enough to double the distance and cruise at a nice pace. We were averaging between 10:30 and 11:15 or so. Alita was fine with it, until I told her she was going fast, then she immediately started sucking wind. Total pysch out. So I told her we'd slowed down, though we hadn't really, and her breathing became regular again. I told her that after the run, and she found it amusing.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.
Careful Mark...that comment could be taken in more than one way.  Can't wait to see Doug's response.

In all seriousness though..your example just goes to show that running is as much mental as it is physical.

Good to see you and Alita running healthy into the New Year...keep it up!

Taken another way? My, whatever could you mean? Shocked

(Why don't we have an innocent angel smiley? Oh well...)

I have no idea what she means, either. Neutral

We haven't hit 40 degrees in a day or so.

Oh, Running Warehouse has Topos for 25% off.  Don't know styles or quantities, but thought I'd mention it.

And keep up with that running streak!  Maybe Nancy can explain her statement.

Thanks for the heads up.

And yes, I'd be curious to find out to what Nancy was referring. Frankly, I'm stumped. scratch

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  ounce on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:14 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@nkrichards wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
Streaking with a spouse is always the way to go. Very Happy

For example...

Sunset run with Alita: 2.3 miles

Weather: A few clouds, cool. 48° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover.

Out for what was going to be only a mile, but things felt good enough to double the distance and cruise at a nice pace. We were averaging between 10:30 and 11:15 or so. Alita was fine with it, until I told her she was going fast, then she immediately started sucking wind. Total pysch out. So I told her we'd slowed down, though we hadn't really, and her breathing became regular again. I told her that after the run, and she found it amusing.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.
Careful Mark...that comment could be taken in more than one way.  Can't wait to see Doug's response.

In all seriousness though..your example just goes to show that running is as much mental as it is physical.

Good to see you and Alita running healthy into the New Year...keep it up!

Taken another way? My, whatever could you mean? Shocked

(Why don't we have an innocent angel smiley? Oh well...)

I have no idea what she means, either. Neutral

We haven't hit 40 degrees in a day or so.

Oh, Running Warehouse has Topos for 25% off.  Don't know styles or quantities, but thought I'd mention it.

And keep up with that running streak!  Maybe Nancy can explain her statement.

Thanks for the heads up.

And yes, I'd be curious to find out to what Nancy was referring. Frankly, I'm stumped. scratch
I hope she replies soon.  I just hate being left out there dangling.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4950
Points : 13775
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  nkrichards on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@nkrichards wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
Streaking with a spouse is always the way to go. Very Happy

For example...

Sunset run with Alita: 2.3 miles

Weather: A few clouds, cool. 48° Gear: Topos, shorts, T, pullover.

Out for what was going to be only a mile, but things felt good enough to double the distance and cruise at a nice pace. We were averaging between 10:30 and 11:15 or so. Alita was fine with it, until I told her she was going fast, then she immediately started sucking wind. Total pysch out. So I told her we'd slowed down, though we hadn't really, and her breathing became regular again. I told her that after the run, and she found it amusing.

Walked first and last 5 minutes or so.
Careful Mark...that comment could be taken in more than one way.  Can't wait to see Doug's response.

In all seriousness though..your example just goes to show that running is as much mental as it is physical.

Good to see you and Alita running healthy into the New Year...keep it up!

Taken another way? My, whatever could you mean? Shocked

(Why don't we have an innocent angel smiley? Oh well...)

I have no idea what she means, either. Neutral

We haven't hit 40 degrees in a day or so.

Oh, Running Warehouse has Topos for 25% off.  Don't know styles or quantities, but thought I'd mention it.

And keep up with that running streak!  Maybe Nancy can explain her statement.

Thanks for the heads up.

And yes, I'd be curious to find out to what Nancy was referring. Frankly, I'm stumped. scratch
I hope she replies soon.  I just hate being left out there dangling.

And Doug lived up to my expectations once again...always keeps things interesting.  I knew you were both old enough to "get it".  Not sure my kids would.

And don't worry Doug...the only one that has to worry about being left out there dangling is Mark unless of course you decide to join this streaking and make it a trio.  That's an unnerving image...
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2200
Points : 7633
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 60
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:19 pm

@nkrichards wrote:... the only one that has to worry about being left out there dangling is Mark...

affraid

Sounds..... nippy.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Walk: 3 miles.

Didn't get out this morning for a run - hope to do it tonight - but this was the last halfway decent (if chilly) day for a while, so I slipped out of work for a lunchtime walk. It was a nice afternoon, and it felt good to be outside rather than staring at a computer screen. Ahh...




Can't argue with the view, either.

_________________
If growing up meant it would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree, I won't grow up, won't grow up, never grow up, not me.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7463
Points : 16345
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trails for Two

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 38 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 38  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum