365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com

+4
nkrichards
Tim C
Mike MacLellan
mountandog
8 posters

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com - Page 5 Empty Re: Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com

Post  ounce Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:06 am

The Saturday after Thanksgiving was the first of two 20 mile runs in the Team Fit schedule.  It seems the non-Team Fit people run a max distance of 18 miles in a training cycle. 

The weather for Saturday morning was either going to be in the 70's or the 50's.  Even up to the 6 o'clock news on Friday, the weather guys were not consistent on the arrival of the front.  Rain was probable, although nowhere near a good ol' fashioned frog strangler.  As I went to bed, I noticed the 50's were about 75 miles away at 8 p.m., so I was confident it would be in the 50's at 4 a.m.

I wore a short sleeved shirt for the run and carried a long sleeved shirt for post-run core work.  Radar was showing scattered showers west, with no yellow or red rain cells, so it might be a light, sporadic shower during the 5 hour time period.  After arriving at Memorial Park, the wind was biting a bit into my bare arms and the clouds were low.  So I called an audible and changed into the long sleeved shirt, which I have used when temps are in the mid-40's.  I hate being warm on a run, but I hate getting chilled more.  I stuffed a skull cap into my compression shorts, in case it rained hard.  Not as good as a cap, but it doesn't allow the moisture to roll down my dome.

My objective was to finish, of course, maintain the 168 cadence, and to try to limit the wobbly legs at a 13 minute pace.  It was 52 degrees with 100% humidity and the cadence was 168.

20 miles, 4:21:29, 13:04 pace, 167 avg cadence, 0.74 m avg stride length, 1st half pace 13:13, 2nd half pace 12:55.
1.  13:11, 167 spm, 73 sl
2.  13:43, 167 spm, 70 sl
3.  13:06, 167 spm, 73 sl
4.  13:02, 167 spm, 74 sl
5.  12:52, 167 spm, 75 sl
6.  13:00, 167 spm, 75 sl
7.  13:19, 167 spm, 72 sl
8.  13:20, 168 spm, 72 sl
9.  13:47, 166 spm, 70 sl
10. 12:52, 167 spm, 75 sl
11. 12:50, 167 spm, 75 sl
12. 12:38, 168 spm, 76 sl
13. 11:48, 167 spm, 82 sl
14. 12:32, 167 spm, 77 sl
15. 13:10, 167 spm, 73 sl
16. 13:14, 168 spm, 73 sl
17. 12:53, 167 spm, 75 sl
18. 13:15, 168 spm, 72 sl
19. 13:20, 168 spm, 72 sl
20. 13:35, 167 spm, 71 sl

I didn't like that I was bleeding time during the last 3 miles.  My stride length was getting shorter, starting at 15, while maintaining the cadence.  So, it would seem that I'm sacrificing stride length to keep the cadence.  I think I'll need to figure out at what distance I will maintain the stride length at a lesser turnover.

There was a steady drizzle from mile 9-12, so switching to the long sleeve shirt was an excellent move, if I do say so myself.  I was trying to get the overall pace under 13, but it didn't happen.

I'll run one more 20 miler around Christmas and I have a 30K race on the 13th.  Thanks for stopping by.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 am

Nice work, Speedy! Pushing it a bit has its benefits. Not the least of which is putting a Very Happy on your face.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:18 am

Good run, Doug.  Sometimes it is tough to maintain pace in those last 2-3 miles, but don't beat yourself up over it and think about how to address it next time - maybe start a tad slower. The weather may have had an effect though as cold (for you) and rain are never that much fun (even on race day),   Overall though, it was an excellent progression run - well done.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Mark B wrote:Nice work, Speedy! Pushing it a bit has its benefits. Not the least of which is putting a Very Happy on your face.
Yes, and I tweaked my ankle on a soft surface (rolled the right ankle inward) during the final half mile, but could keep going.  By the late afternoon, the discomfort was completely gone.  Thanks Mark and I ain't speedy.
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Good run, Doug.  Sometimes it is tough to maintain pace in those last 2-3 miles, but don't beat yourself up over it and think about how to address it next time - maybe start a tad slower. The weather may have had an effect though as cold (for you) and rain are never that much fun (even on race day),   Overall though, it was an excellent progression run - well done.
Howdy, Miche1e.  I was whining about the bleeding only because if that was race day, then I would be bleeding the last 8-9 miles of the race.  So, I think I'll back off the cadence one or two steps at 16 or 18 for the 30K race Sunday week, plus maintain a 13:20 for the first 3, 13:05 for 4-9, then 'speedy' it up for the last half.  Thanks, Miche1e!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 pm

ounce wrote:I ain't speedy.

It's all relative, Grasshopper. The run I was referencing looked pretty speedy to me.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:31 pm

I think the watched mis-measured the 13th mile by about 2 tenths of a mile, but the 12's were nice to see.  And thanks, Mark.

In the morning will be the 30K race in Sugar Land, a 84K population town a couple of miles SW of Houston.  Weather is supposed to be steady thunderstorms throughout the morning.  The starting temp is to be 72 degrees (40 degrees warmer than 2 years ago) and the finishing temp should be 60 degrees.  The wind should be SSE at 20, then finishing with WNW of 20.  At least I won't have to worry about too much sun!

I'm looking for a 12:55 pace or so.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:04 am

Wait, the temperature will be falling 12 degrees during the race? That's sort of bass-ackward from every race I've ever run, but hey... I've never run in Texas! That wind sounds ... um ... interesting. Can you use BodyGlide on your lips?

Have a good race!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:46 am

Mark B wrote:Wait, the temperature will be falling 12 degrees during the race? That's sort of bass-ackward from every race I've ever run, but hey... I've never run in Texas! That wind sounds ... um ... interesting. Can you use BodyGlide on your lips?

Have a good race!
Yup, we have a cold front to come through during the race and the squall line is in advance of the race.  The past couple of days, the high has been about 81 degrees.  Tonight, for the game against the Patriots, it's supposed to be in the 50's.  I"m because the power went out and I need my body clock to reset.

Presently, the squall line is crossing I-35 (or 180 miles away) and the temperature in Austin is 75 and behind the front, it's 52 and there are random t-storm warnings.  I need to see if the timing of the squall line is still 6 a.m.  The start time of the race is 6:30.  There's no area-wide threat of flooding, just the inconvenience of being on race day.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:52 pm

Go Pats!!!  Hope the race went well.  We have really weird weather here as it has been int he 60s and even reached 71F downtown yesterday.  It is December 13th, right?  And I live in Cleveland OHIO, right?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm glad that's over!

I finished with a better than targeted time of 12:47 pace.
Did we have warm temps?  YES 73 degrees at 6:30 a.m.
Did we have 'cold' temps?  YES 56 degrees after frontal passage at 7:10
Did we have wind?  YES 20-30 from the SSE, then the NW at 7:10 for the whole race
Did we have rain?  YES at 6:50 for the rest of the race!

I really got my money's worth!  More later.

Last edited by ounce on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:58 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Go Pats!!!  Hope the race went well.  We have really weird weather here as it has been int he 60s and even reached 71F downtown yesterday.  It is December 13th, right?  And I live in Cleveland OHIO, right?
Go Texans!  But I would be shocked if we won.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:17 am

With 5 weeks before Houston, yesterday was the Fort Bend Kia 30K.  A cold front with a squall line was expected prior to the start of the race.  As is usual for me, I dress for the end of the race.  So before the front, I had a long sleeved finishers shirt from the 2006 San Antonio Marathon, which has proven to be quite a functional running shirt when temps are in the 50's.  I also had a Buff head covering because with the forecasted winds for pre and post frontal passage, I didn't think my shallow head baseball cap would stay in place.  Also had my dry cleaning bag as my poncho for the rain as well as the 20 mph WNW wind (which is an unusual wind direction for a Texas front).  Finally, I had a clear lens set in my Tifosi sunglasses, so I wouldn't get pelted nor have dripping water into my eyes.

At the gun it was 73 degrees with no rain and a 20 mph SE wind.  20 minutes later, the rain started for the rest of the race.  20 minutes after that, the cold front arrived and temps dropped fast to 56 degrees with a 20 mph wnw wind.

The goal was a 12:55 avg pace with a 13:20 first mile, 13:05 2nd mile, then slowly settle into a groove.  168 was the cadence.

18.63 miles, 3;58:02, 12:47 pace, 165 average cadence, 0.76 m avg stride length, 1st half pace 12:55, 2nd half pace 12:39.

1.  13:20, 166 spm, 73 sl
2.  13:09, 164 spm, 75 sl
3.  13:21, 161 spm, 75 sl pee break
4.  12:53, 167 spm, 75 sl
5.  12:35, 168 spm, 76 sl
6.  13:19, 156 spm, 78 sl  pee break
7.  12:24, 168 spm, 77 sl
8.  12:46, 168 spm, 75 sl  water
9.  12:35, 168 spm, 76 sl
10. 12:27, 168 spm, 77 sl  water
11. 12:48, 165 spm, 76 sl
12. 12:26, 168 spm, 76 sl
13. 13:28, 152 spm, 78 sl  pee and S! cap break
14. 12:19, 168 spm, 78 sl
15. 12:54, 160 spm, 78 sl  water
16. 12:35, 167 spm, 76 sl
17. 12:34, 167 spm, 77 sl
18. 12:34, 167 spm, 76 sl
19. 12:02 pace, 167 spm, 80 sl

The course treks you 3 or so miles to a 4.2 mile loop which you do 3 times before leaving for the final 2.3 miles.

It was raining so hard at one point, that I was able to get hydrated from the rain collecting in my moustache for one stretch of the first loop.  This resulted in me stopping at the porta potties more than I wanted.  However, for most of the water stations except the last one, I actually stopped.  This really seemed to help me get a breath or something for the coming miles.

After the stopping around mile 13 for 2 S! caps on the last loop, I was making the decision to work for the last five miles.  I've had what I believed to be a good race to that point, but I wanted to work for a non-bleeding finish or bleed out trying.  I only wanted to pass people, even though there were not many people left on this rainy and windy last half lap plus 2.3 miles to the finish.  Puddles were replacing wet streets.  Surprisingly, runners who were wet to the bone were avoiding puddles.  This would allow me to close in and pounce. 

Nobody passed me that I didn't pass back in those last 5 miles.  In the last 100 yards, I was about to pounce on this person whom I had chased down over the last mile.  I was within 20 feet when someone she knew came up to her and rooted her on for 50 yards and I couldn't catch her. Mad Wink 

My left, lateral heel sort of ached after I got home.  This is the same issue from months ago that Mark thought was a plantar issue and probably is, but it doesn't bother me during the race because I have worked on planting the forward most part of my heel bone, instead of the left, lateral part.

I wouldn't be able to maintain the 30K pace for the upcoming marathon (Jan 17).  I could, however, maintain a 13-13:15 pace.  I have one more 20 mile run around Christmas before TAPER MADNESS season.

I would like some thoughts on one thing.  How do people pee while running?  I was trying to relax those muscles, yesterday, but couldn't.  I guess 58 years of only peeing on command has made, "Oh, just let go." sort of difficult.  Heck it was raining, so my shoes were already wet.

The timing of the cold front was really nice, because while the low was 49, this morning, it's going to get up to 73, this afternoon.  Thanks for reading.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Excellent race, Doug in way less than ideal conditions!  Great pacing and nice pick up in pace.  Not sure about the pee thing, but I guess it must be the same response that allows you to pee in the pool - lol.  Not sure I've ever had to do it - I tend to forget the urge once I get going and if it is really bad, I just stop - I mean, I'm not going to win, right??

Sorry the weather was so lousy, but you handled it more than well.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I can't offer you any suggestions on how to pee on the fly. Maybe you can experiment with taking in less fluid on race morning, perhaps, or passing on the caffeinated beverages? None of that may help, though, since it could just be excitement of race day - those adrenal glands DO sit on top of the kidneys, after all.

Anyway, great job on the race, even with the pit stops! The negative split is nice to see, too. And doing that despite the nasty wind? Seriously impressive. The falling temperatures probably helped rather than hurt. Nothing like preventing excess heat buildup during the later miles.

I wouldn't be so sure about not being able to aim for a sub-13 pace for your marathon. Depending on the course, it seems possible.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Excellent race, Doug in way less than ideal conditions!  Great pacing and nice pick up in pace.  Not sure about the pee thing, but I guess it must be the same response that allows you to pee in the pool - lol.  Not sure I've ever had to do it - I tend to forget the urge once I get going and if it is really bad, I just stop - I mean, I'm not going to win, right??

Sorry the weather was so lousy, but you handled it more than well.
Thanks, Miche1e.  I was having fun, which I never dreamed was possible.  I guess I was enjoying it not being 70 degrees.
Mark B wrote:I can't offer you any suggestions on how to pee on the fly. Maybe you can experiment with taking in less fluid on race morning, perhaps, or passing on the caffeinated beverages? None of that may help, though, since it could just be excitement of race day - those adrenal glands DO sit on top of the kidneys, after all.

Anyway, great job on the race, even with the pit stops! The negative split is nice to see, too. And doing that despite the nasty wind? Seriously impressive. The falling temperatures probably helped rather than hurt. Nothing like preventing excess heat buildup during the later miles.

I wouldn't be so sure about not being able to aim for a sub-13 pace for your marathon. Depending on the course, it seems possible.
Thanks much, Mark. 

For the past few years, I would stop drinking water at noon on the day before, except for short sips.  That had me down to 1 stop around mile 7 in a marathon.  This year, I was trying nothing but sips on the day before a long run, which seemed to work.  I got off that plan on the Saturday before the race for a 3 p.m. lunch (but the BBQ was exquisite).

I would also run about a half mile or so, pee, rinse, repeat, prior to leaving the apt.  Then again when I arrived.  I knew a marathoner who was really fast (a bit faster than Dave-O) who told me that he has a small bladder and he just peed while he was running.  Oh, well.  I guess if I stuck my hand in a bowl of warm water that might help.

Stopping at the water stops really did seem to help my race.  Drink about a 1/4 of your average paper cup sized cup, schmooze the volunteers, then move on.

The fallen temps plus the wetness sure did keep me from overheating.  I was never chilled, except for the shock of those first 3 gusts of cold air.  I was dressed for that weather, so it became a non-issue until the rain came in buckets for a few miles.

A 12:47 pace equates to a 13:05 marathon per McMillan's conversion, which we all know is a few minutes flawed, but it gives me something to think about.

I have even fixed my 'wobbly' leg issue, where my legs might wander as they get more fatigued.  Just find a seam in the concrete or curb to watch that fits with the tangents and run it.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Nice job handling the elements! Rain & wind are something we have no control over but impact things greatly. Well done.

No advice here as to having to pee. I can only say that no matter how often I go before a race, I stand in the start corral needing to go again. Then I start running, drink the entire race, and never feel the urge to go until well after the race is over. Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know...
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:08 am

Tim C wrote:Nice job handling the elements!  Rain & wind are something we have no control over but impact things greatly.  Well done.

No advice here as to having to pee.  I can only say that no matter how often I go before a race, I stand in the start corral needing to go again.  Then I start running, drink the entire race, and never feel the urge to go until well after the race is over.  Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know...
Thank you, Tim.  I attained a calm by seeing some runners were completely unprepared for the elements by running like it was going to be 73 degrees all day.  So many were either shirtless (just the guys Mad ) or a short sleeved shirt.

Yeah, I guess that I'm going to have to manage it by restricting inflow and jarring the body enough to pee out enough on race day.

-30-

Last night was the Tuesday edition of TeamFit, where the plan was 1 easy, 3 MP, 1 easy.  This was my first run since Sunday, but I knew I wasn't going to be doing that.  I made the mistake, but no injury, of talking with a runner who is materially faster than me.  I was able to run solo the 1 mile easy, then he came up and started chatting.  Usually running slow is Kryptonite to faster runners, but 13:10 was not too slow for him for my 2nd mile.  Hip flexors were whining on the 3rd mile and I ended up running that at 12:39.  The conversation was good, though.  I guess running faster with a little inconvenience is good?

Friday will call for a 12-14 mile run.  Christmas Eve or Christmas will be the last 20 or so mile run for this cycle.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm having to postpone running the Javelina Jundred in October, 2016 because Reina found out she has an association board meeting related to work that same weekend.  She's not sure if 2017 will be the same thing or not.  There's no point in me training for the 2016 run because five nights in Phoenix isn't cheap and I want to use my Hilton points earned from being in Corpus Christi over the summer to pay for the 5 nights in Phoenix.

I will still use the period after Houston to be more aggressive with weights, HIIT, yoga, and running.  To me, it may feel like I'm training for 2016 JJ, but I won't be.  Hopefully, I'll get lighter in the process.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:51 am

Pesky associations. Too bad you have to put your Javelina plans on hold. Is there another event you can put on your calendar that year for some helpful motivation? Getting lighter ain't a bad thing, mind you, but some folks like a goal.

Yes, running faster with a little inconvenience (in moderation) can be helpful.

Not sure of any other pee suggestions other than to skip coffee on race morning, and to show up on the start line with a big hefty bag and a bottle of gatorade. Drink the gatorade to empty the bottle, then make use of the hefty bag to refill it. I know a few runners who use that trick (which taught me never to touch *anything* near the start line). Short of that, I don't know of any antidiuretics. Don't even know if that'd be a wise idea.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Mark B wrote:Pesky associations. Too bad you have to put your Javelina plans on hold. Is there another event you can put on your calendar that year for some helpful motivation? Getting lighter ain't a bad thing, mind you, but some folks like a goal.

Yes, running faster with a little inconvenience (in moderation) can be helpful.

Not sure of any other pee suggestions other than to skip coffee on race morning, and to show up on the start line with a big hefty bag and a bottle of gatorade. Drink the gatorade to empty the bottle, then make use of the hefty bag to refill it. I know a few runners who use that trick (which taught me never to touch *anything* near the start line). Short of that, I don't know of any antidiuretics. Don't even know if that'd be a wise idea.
Delaying a year isn't a big deal.  I'm happy to help her.  At first, I was going to run it for 2016, then run it again when she could.  But I only wanted to go to Phoenix once.  I don't believe myself to be an aspiring ultra runner, just someone that wants to help a dear friend accomplish her challenge.  Heck, if I ran it in 2016, then I may not want to go back again, so I'm playing the head-in-the-sand card.

I've forgotten about the empty gatorade trick.  I don't do coffee.  I'll have to stick to virtually no water the day before next week's long run and see if that works, again.

*30*

This morning, I ran almost 9 miles as my long run for the week and a step back week before next week's last long run before Houston.  It was 45 degrees with a dewpoint of 33 and a 5 mph NW wind.  I started out being a little tight in the butt, then maybe thinking that I should only run 4 miles.  Nope, the brain says no less than 8, but do the 9.  Cadence target continues to be 168 spm.

8.71 miles, 1:49:24, 12:34 pace, 167 average spm, 0.77 m avg stride length.
1.  12.38, 167 spm, 76 sl
2.  12:35, 168 spm, 76 sl
3.  12:40, 166 spm, 76 sl
4.  12:28, 168 spm, 77 sl
5.  12:20, 167 spm, 78 sl
6.  12:15, 167 spm, 79 sl
7.  13:33, 167 spm, 71 sl
8.  12:13, 167 spm, 79 sl
9.  12:19 pace, 168 spm, 78 sl

I don't understand how I slowed 75 seconds between miles 6 & 7.  I was running on dark trail (but I ran on the same trail during mile 3), so maybe coming up the rise to a dark trail... I dunno.  Possibly I failed to stop the watch when I peed, but I felt my perceived exertion was the same.  So...I went faster.

I'm off from running until Tuesday evening.  Another reason why I ran 9, today.  This concept of 'working' the last few miles of a run might be something I can engage in 4 weeks...in fact, 1 month from today.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:29 pm

ounce wrote:This morning, I ran almost 9 miles as my long run for the week and a step back week before next week's last long run before Houston.  It was 45 degrees with a dewpoint of 33 and a 5 mph NW wind.  I started out being a little tight in the butt, then maybe thinking that I should only run 4 miles.  Nope, the brain says no less than 8, but do the 9.  Cadence target continues to be 168 spm.

I don't understand how I slowed 75 seconds between miles 6 & 7.  I was running on dark trail (but I ran on the same trail during mile 3), so maybe coming up the rise to a dark trail... I dunno.  Possibly I failed to stop the watch when I peed, but I felt my perceived exertion was the same.  So...I went faster.

I'm off from running until Tuesday evening.  Another reason why I ran 9, today.  This concept of 'working' the last few miles of a run might be something I can engage in 4 weeks...in fact, 1 month from today.

Probably forgot to stop the watch. When in doubt, remember pee-ceived effort.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:This morning, I ran almost 9 miles as my long run for the week and a step back week before next week's last long run before Houston.  It was 45 degrees with a dewpoint of 33 and a 5 mph NW wind.  I started out being a little tight in the butt, then maybe thinking that I should only run 4 miles.  Nope, the brain says no less than 8, but do the 9.  Cadence target continues to be 168 spm.

Probably forgot to stop the watch. When in doubt, remember pee-ceived effort.

Probably.  Speaking of pee-ceived effort, don't you just hate it when other countries say, "You're a nation of pissed off people."  They just need to flush that comment away.  I wish THEY'D stick there hand in warm water and see what happens!  You're a nary a person that will just tinkle away the day.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:55 pm

If you want to do the Javelina 100, just call on me as I can go to Phoenix and help.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:35 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:If you want to do the Javelina 100, just call on me as I can go to Phoenix and help.
Thanks, Miche1e, but I'm going to hold off for a year to see what happens.  I wholeheartedly thank you, young lady.

They did change the course for 2016, though.  Instead of 25K loop x 4 (or 6 plus a little for the 100 mile), it'll be 1 21.5 mile loop and 2 ~19.5 loops for the 100K and 4 loops for the 100 mile.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 pm

The weather has decided which day my last 20 mile run of the cycle will be and it's Christmas Eve because it'll only be 60 degrees in the dark early hours of Christmas Eve, instead of 68 degrees on Christmas.

Aside from finishing the 20 with no injuries, I want to run more of a non-flat 20 miles at about MP of around 13:05.  I usually avoid hills with a purple passion.  But with the last six miles of Houston being the 'hilliest', I'm just going to work that some.  I think that I will also do the last 5 or 6 of the 20 faster than MP.  What the hell.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum