365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newton/Lady Newton Running Shoes

5 posters

Go down

Newton/Lady Newton Running Shoes Empty Newton/Lady Newton Running Shoes

Post  momof5boys Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

http://www.newtonrunning.com/

Any thoughts on these running shoes? I spent most of April and May in PT, and my therapist recommended these. I'm skeptical and don't want to pay that kind of money without hearing a few more comments. (I have no intentions of becoming a barefoot runner.)
momof5boys
momof5boys

Back to top Go down

Newton/Lady Newton Running Shoes Empty Re: Newton/Lady Newton Running Shoes

Post  Liz R Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:04 am

They are supposed to make you a midfoot striker. I share your skepticism, though I have only tried them on for short periods, never run in them. (I am also too cheap to buy a pair.) Friends' reviews have been mixed. One at first thought they were great and liberated her from foot pain. She is a little, light weight person, fast but always injured. The magic wore off for her after a few months and she was injured again. Another wore them, swears they are great, but has moved to cheaper minimalist shoes like Kinvaras, saying he is now a midfoot striker, so he doesn't need Newtons.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Our HR VP swears by them. He has had lots of back issues (far more than I have had). They are about the only thing he can run in.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:37 pm

I will keep this short. Like anything in running different things work for different people and the same goes with running shoes. For me the Newton shoes didn't noting but give me problems. I was not very happy about it and it ended up being a big waste of money for me.

Like Tim said there are runners that love them and they seem to work for a lot of runners. They just didn't work for me or could it have been the way I was training back when I tired them which was 2007. So if you have the extra cash to spend on a pair of shoes give them a shot. For me I don't think I will be tossing 130-150 bucks on shoes when my good old Brooks and other training shoes that cost me 50 to 90 bucks work just fine. Well I tried to keep it short for you.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:32 pm

Schuey wrote:I will keep this short. Like anything in running different things work for different people and the same goes with running shoes. For me the Newton shoes didn't noting but give me problems. I was not very happy about it and it ended up being a big waste of money for me.

Like Tim said there are runners that love them and they seem to work for a lot of runners. They just didn't work for me or could it have been the way I was training back when I tired them which was 2007. So if you have the extra cash to spend on a pair of shoes give them a shot. For me I don't think I will be tossing 130-150 bucks on shoes when my good old Brooks and other training shoes that cost me 50 to 90 bucks work just fine. Well I tried to keep it short for you.

+1
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down