365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAC Dash

+2
Michele "1L" Keane
nkrichards
6 posters

Go down

MAC Dash  Empty MAC Dash

Post  nkrichards Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:30 pm

The 7th annual MAC Dash (sprint triathlon) was yesterday.  I've participated in all 7.  It's a great community event...I think there are as many volunteers as there are participants.  I enjoy visiting with folks I don't see often.  It's the only tri I do.

This summer has been more about survival than training for me so I didn't have great expectations going into this event.  I have made an effort to stay as active as possible...just haven't been able to log the specific training that I have the last couple years.

My time of 1:22:44 was good for 7th female and 1st in my age group.  Not the fastest time I've posted but not the slowest either.  My fastest time was 1:20:27 last year.  I was pretty happy with my swim and bike...only slightly slower than last year.  I paid for it on the run though.  I realized I was pushing to hard on the bike and tried to dial back a bit but it was to late.  I was confused and flustered during the bike/run transition and really struggled during the first half of the run.  I settled in later in the run and finished OK.

This adventure all started as a way to stay physically active enough to enjoy the grandkids.  I've done that.  A secondary goal was to encourage them to be physically active.  My 10 year old granddaughter swam on a team (her Mom biked and her Dad ran).  I don't think there were any other families that had 3 generations out on the course.  More importantly Emma did very well and enjoyed it immensely.

So...it was a successful day overall and now I'm off to pick up my Mom and daughter for a 3 generation trip to Pikes Peak!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

MAC Dash  Empty Re: MAC Dash

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Congrats, Nancy and have fun at Pikes Peak.  Remember Boston registration starts on the 8th!

Last edited by Michele "1L" Keane on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:52 am

Looks like you all had a fun family event, congrats on all that and the AG win.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Congratulations on winning your AG!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:00 pm

FANtastic, Nancy!  Maybe winning the age group will get you elite status at Boston! Shocked
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:31 am

sounds like success and fun!!
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks all...I was quite surprised at how well I did on the limited training I had.  I guess the non-specific training has been more effective than I realized.

I did have a fantastic trip to Pikes Peak...a bit of hiking...a tough 6.5 mile run at elevation that included some pretty rough trails...and two trips to the summit.

And I got my application for Boston submitted on time. Very Happy
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down