365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

"No Pressure"

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Mark B on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:19 am

Sushi, eh? Funny, I never managed to develop a taste for it. Must have been all my Peace Corps training and warnings about all the horrible parasites you can get eating uncooked flesh. tongue
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7760
Points : 17563
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 pm

@Mark B wrote:Sushi, eh? Funny, I never managed to develop a taste for it. Must have been all my Peace Corps training and warnings about all the horrible parasites you can get eating uncooked flesh. tongue

With as much sushi as I have ate in my lifetime, my stomach is immune to the parasites Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:51 pm

@ounce wrote:

any word on your charity entry?

Nothing yet...playing the waiting game...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Tom H on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:49 pm

Oh but Mark, sushi is the perfect blend of protein and carbs.  And tasty too.  But I agree you should stay away from it.  More for us!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Posts : 564
Points : 4104
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 61
Location : Fremont, SF Bay Area

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Julie on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:16 am

I have never eaten it but I have heard it is actually pretty good for fuel. I hope you had a good birthday and I was really hoping to hear that you had a charity acceptance.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 7168
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:15 pm

@Julie wrote:I have never eaten it but I have heard it is actually pretty good for fuel. I hope you had a good birthday and I was really hoping to hear that you had a charity acceptance.

No word yet...wait, wait, and wait some more.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Jim Lentz on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:46 pm

They sure have been keeping you waiting quite a while.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1171
Points : 5219
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 58
Location : Downers Grove

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:33 pm

We at sushi Friday night before NYC, then salmon, rice and spinach on Saturday night - works for me.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4948
Points : 12535
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 58
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:37 pm

I received a kick to the gut last week on Wednesday.  I was traveling back home from Indianapolis and had just boarded my plane in Chicago.  I decided to check my email one last time before the plane doors close and what do I see in my email box?  I got an acceptance email from a Boston Marathon Charity.  I was on cloud nine, thinking that I finally made it into the race.  Then, about an hour after I got home, I received another email from that same charity stating that the acceptance email was sent out by mistake and that I was not accepted.  They did place me on their wait list, but also encouraged me to try other charities.  Ugh...talk about feeling great one minute and horrible the next Sad
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Seriously???  Where are the lawyers around here when we need one?  That's crap.

I have not heard anything back from the inquiries that I made.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4948
Points : 12535
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 58
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  ounce on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:14 pm

That really blows.  Talk about "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat." Evil or Very Mad
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 5683
Points : 15987
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 62
Location : houston

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  nkrichards on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:02 pm

If that's not depressing I don't know what is! How do they expect you to get your fundraising done if they don't give you the go ahead early...not to mention getting ready for the race!!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2628
Points : 9178
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 61
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Mark B on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:46 am

What an aggravating development. They should let you in now, just on the basis of them being idiots. You'll raise as much or more than anybody else could. They are fools, and cruel ones at that.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7760
Points : 17563
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Tom H on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:03 am

Sorry to see you getting jerked around like that.  It does not speak well of that charity's organizational skills. Hope they are better at managing the donations than they are at communication.
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Posts : 564
Points : 4104
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 61
Location : Fremont, SF Bay Area

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Thanks everyone for your support. My chances are looking grim, but I will keep on keeping on.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:11 pm

In regards to my running. I actually had to break out my running tights for the first time this year this past Saturday. Temps were in the lower 20s, so I thought that it was probably cold enough to wear the tights. This weekend looks warmer with temps in the lower 40s, but it is supposed to rain...sounds like fun
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  nkrichards on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:20 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:In regards to my running.  I actually had to break out my running tights for the first time this year this past Saturday.  Temps were in the lower 20s, so I thought that it was probably cold enough to wear the tights.  This weekend looks warmer with temps in the lower 40s, but it is supposed to rain...sounds like fun

I know how cold it was when you ran your marathon in shorts and a singlet...it must be really cold if you're digging out the tights!

Fingers crossed on your charity bib.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2628
Points : 9178
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 61
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Julie on Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Man, hope you get some good news soon!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 7168
Join date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:57 pm

@nkrichards wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:In regards to my running.  I actually had to break out my running tights for the first time this year this past Saturday.  Temps were in the lower 20s, so I thought that it was probably cold enough to wear the tights.  This weekend looks warmer with temps in the lower 40s, but it is supposed to rain...sounds like fun

I know how cold it was when you ran your marathon in shorts and a singlet...it must be really cold if you're digging out the tights!

Fingers crossed on your charity bib.


Haha...There's a difference between racing attire and running attire, when it comes to cold weather Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:01 pm

So, I got an update today from the last charity that I have an application out to. They stated that they are still evaluating all of the applications and that final decisions will be made in the next couple of weeks. So, I guess I am a little closer to finding out if I am going to be a runner this spring or a spectator.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  ounce on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:11 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@nkrichards wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:In regards to my running.  I actually had to break out my running tights for the first time this year this past Saturday.  Temps were in the lower 20s, so I thought that it was probably cold enough to wear the tights.  This weekend looks warmer with temps in the lower 40s, but it is supposed to rain...sounds like fun

I know how cold it was when you ran your marathon in shorts and a singlet...it must be really cold if you're digging out the tights!

Fingers crossed on your charity bib.


Haha...There's a difference between racing attire and running attire, when it comes to cold weather Wink
Well, it's nice to know that my threshold for when to pull out the tights is the same as yours, Nick.  Although, it might only happen twice in a season.

And I'm still pulling for you on your charity bib bid.  Approval
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 5683
Points : 15987
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 62
Location : houston

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:11 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@nkrichards wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:In regards to my running.  I actually had to break out my running tights for the first time this year this past Saturday.  Temps were in the lower 20s, so I thought that it was probably cold enough to wear the tights.  This weekend looks warmer with temps in the lower 40s, but it is supposed to rain...sounds like fun

I know how cold it was when you ran your marathon in shorts and a singlet...it must be really cold if you're digging out the tights!

Fingers crossed on your charity bib.


Haha...There's a difference between racing attire and running attire, when it comes to cold weather Wink
Well, it's nice to know that my threshold for when to pull out the tights is the same as yours, Nick.  Although, it might only happen twice in a season.

And I'm still pulling for you on your charity bib bid.  Approval

I wore my tights on Saturday...and probably shouldn't have...Upper 30s with winds out of the south. What was I thinking??? All I know is that when I turned to head north, the sweat started to run and I peeled off my long sleeved top layer. Alas, I survived...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  nkrichards on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:13 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@nkrichards wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:In regards to my running.  I actually had to break out my running tights for the first time this year this past Saturday.  Temps were in the lower 20s, so I thought that it was probably cold enough to wear the tights.  This weekend looks warmer with temps in the lower 40s, but it is supposed to rain...sounds like fun

I know how cold it was when you ran your marathon in shorts and a singlet...it must be really cold if you're digging out the tights!

Fingers crossed on your charity bib.


Haha...There's a difference between racing attire and running attire, when it comes to cold weather Wink
Well, it's nice to know that my threshold for when to pull out the tights is the same as yours, Nick.  Although, it might only happen twice in a season.

And I'm still pulling for you on your charity bib bid.  Approval

I wore my tights on Saturday...and probably shouldn't have...Upper 30s with winds out of the south.  What was I thinking???  All I know is that when I turned to head north, the sweat started to run and I peeled off my long sleeved top layer.  Alas, I survived...

I opted for pants yesterday...mid-20's but little wind...I should have gone with the tights. I to was sweating pretty good by the time I finished. I guess I'll figure it out someday...maybe.

Good to hear from you and fingers still crossed for that Boston bib!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2628
Points : 9178
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 61
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 am

Well, I tried on my end regarding the charity bib and got an jerky email back.  Sorry.  I did ask my sister to reach out too.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4948
Points : 12535
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 58
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:55 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Well, I tried on my end regarding the charity bib and got an jerky email back.  Sorry.  I did ask my sister to reach out too.

No worries...Thanks for reaching out on my behalf!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12795
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 39
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 17 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum