365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"No Pressure"

+13
Chris M
Jim Lentz
mul21
Dave Wolfe
Dave P
JohnP
Schuey
Michele "1L" Keane
Jerry
nkrichards
ounce
Mark B
Nick Morris
17 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

"No Pressure" - Page 16 Empty Re: "No Pressure"

Post  Nick Morris Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:44 am

JohnP wrote:If you submit more applications, maybe call yourself Nick Morris III, it will make you sound richer.

I prefer Nicholas, as it sounds even better Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am

If things still don't work out on the charity end, I will contact Doug Flutie's Foundation for you.  Last year, they had a small contingent that raised money (I believe it is for autism since his oldest son is autistic) and received numbers.  Doug's brother and I were friends (and the same year) in high school and his wife was a classmate and friend of my sister's.  Now it has been 35 yrs since I saw him, but a fellow Natickite should take care of another, right?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:29 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:If things still don't work out on the charity end, I will contact Doug Flutie's Foundation for you.  Last year, they had a small contingent that raised money (I believe it is for autism since his oldest son is autistic) and received numbers.  Doug's brother and I were friends (and the same year) in high school and his wife was a classmate and friend of my sister's.  Now it has been 35 yrs since I saw him, but a fellow Natickite should take care of another, right?

That would be AWESOME!!! I saw his charity on the list, but have not applied for that one yet.

I would owe you big time if you could make that happen Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:48 am

No promises - as I said, it has been over 30 yrs!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:58 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:No promises - as I said, it has been over 30 yrs!

I completely understand...but I would still owe you big time Wink
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:56 pm

So, how cold has it got so far? Any frost on the pumpkins?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Mark B wrote:So, how cold has it got so far? Any frost on the pumpkins?

We've had two nights where there was frost, but we haven't had a hard frost yet.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:12 pm

We've been very close to frosty temps but so far nothing official or anywhere near a hard frost. I actually enjoy running in the cold weather...I just hope we don't get snow and ice.

Based on your choice of shorts and a singlet at the marathon in Canada in November I'm guessing you don't mind running in cold temps either.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Well, we finally got down into the 50's here - happy days.  I much prefer the cooler temps and it has been a while since we've seen them.  Of course that's until you hear me start to whine about it when the rain starts.
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:20 pm

nkrichards wrote:We've been very close to frosty temps but so far nothing official or anywhere near a hard frost.  I actually enjoy running in the cold weather...I just hope we don't get snow and ice.

Based on your choice of shorts and a singlet at the marathon in Canada in November I'm guessing you don't mind running in cold temps either.

Semi-frosty this morning...34 was the overnight low, but it warmed up quickly with the sunny day.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:24 pm

A productive weekend of running. 6.31 on Saturday and 8.10 this morning. I am just looking to maintain fitness for a few weeks, before moving to a base building regimen.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Nice, solid runs, Nick.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Nick Morris wrote:A productive weekend of running.  6.31 on Saturday and 8.10 this morning.  I am just looking to maintain fitness for a few weeks, before moving to a base building regimen.
You might want to consider taking these few weeks to work on something different like arm swing, breathing pattern, cadence increase or something else that might get neglected during regular training. Just a thought . . .
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:52 pm

What does your base building regimen usually consist of? Do you work on anything in particular or just getting the miles in?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 am

nkrichards wrote:What does your base building regimen usually consist of?  Do you work on anything in particular or just getting the miles in?

My base building regimen usually consists of around 25-30 maintenance miles per week. I also add in speedwork (tempo/fartlek) and hill repeats. I also do a little more extensive weight training, especially my legs.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:57 am

That being said, last night I went to the gym for weight training and core work. I started back up my leg training, as well. Which means that my glutes, hammies, and quads will be barking at me today (and they are a little Smile )
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Man, I thought that my legs were barking yesterday. Today is a little worse. Of course, this is how it always feels when I start back up with leg strengthening. After the first couple of times, my muscles get acclimated to it all.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Also, I got proof that the charity selection for Boston is all about the money. I was notified that my application (Charity #4) has been put on a waiting list as they are currently looking at those with fundraising goals of $8,000 or more. (My plan had me just under $7,000) They also stated that I have the opportunity to "revise" my fundraising plan and re-submit. So, since this is just a personal goal and not an actual commitment, I updated my plan and resubmitted a dollar amount of $9,500 as my goal. I am hoping that this will help me get higher on their list, as it seems to be about the benjamins.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Also, I got proof that the charity selection for Boston is all about the money.  I was notified that my application (Charity #4) has been put on a waiting list as they are currently looking at those with fundraising goals of $8,000 or more.  (My plan had me just under $7,000)  They also stated that I have the opportunity to "revise" my fundraising plan and re-submit.  So, since this is just a personal goal and not an actual commitment, I updated my plan and resubmitted a dollar amount of $9,500 as my goal.  I am hoping that this will help me get higher on their list, as it seems to be about the benjamins.

In a strange way, I am saddened by this.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Also, I got proof that the charity selection for Boston is all about the money.  I was notified that my application (Charity #4) has been put on a waiting list as they are currently looking at those with fundraising goals of $8,000 or more.  (My plan had me just under $7,000)  They also stated that I have the opportunity to "revise" my fundraising plan and re-submit.  So, since this is just a personal goal and not an actual commitment, I updated my plan and resubmitted a dollar amount of $9,500 as my goal.  I am hoping that this will help me get higher on their list, as it seems to be about the benjamins.

And in a strange way, I'm happy the commitment is not contractually obligating.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:33 pm

ounce wrote:

I agree with you both.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:26 am

Nick Morris wrote:
ounce wrote:

I agree with you both.

+1 on both

I really hope this works out for you Nick. We didn't have a chance to talk much in Canada last year and I'm looking forward to seeing you again. Qualifying together was pretty special and we need to complete this by running Boston together!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:53 am

nkrichards wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
ounce wrote:

I agree with you both.

+1 on both

I really hope this works out for you Nick.  We didn't have a chance to talk much in Canada last year and I'm looking forward to seeing you again.  Qualifying together was pretty special and we need to complete this by running Boston together!

Thanks Nancy!! I am hoping things will work out too Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:56 am

I got in another weekend of Saturday and Sunday runs. (6 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday) Today will consist of weight training (upper and lower body, plus core work). No running for me, as I am going out for my birthday dinner. Lots and lots of sushi!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I got in another weekend of Saturday and Sunday runs.  (6 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday)  Today will consist of weight training (upper and lower body, plus core work).  No running for me, as I am going out for my birthday dinner.  Lots and lots of sushi!

and lots?

any word on your charity entry?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next