3 miles of the Boston route just before taper time. Cold start, but beautiful day. 1st 15 were real easy at 8:15/mi pace - enjoying the sites. There were hundreds of other runners out there. Then, I went for marathon goal pace (sub 7:15/mi) for the tough" />
365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Boston route training run ever!

+2
Jim Lentz
Dave P
6 posters

Go down

Best Boston route training run ever! Empty Best Boston route training run ever!

Post  Dave P Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:09 am

23 miles of the Boston route just before taper time. Cold start, but beautiful day. 1st 15 were real easy at 8:15/mi pace - enjoying the sites. There were hundreds of other runners out there. Then, I went for marathon goal pace (sub 7:15/mi) for the toughest stretch through the Newton hills, including Heartbreak, & beyond to Beacon St. in Brookline. I did those last 8 miles in an ave 7:09/mi pace carrying an extra 5lbs (cold gear, food, water, phone, etc.)! Best Boston course training run ever!!
Best Boston route training run ever! Mi pace carrying an extra 5lbs (cold gear, food, water, phone, etc
Best Boston route training run ever! <a href=Best Boston route training run ever! Photo012" />
Best Boston route training run ever! <a href=Best Boston route training run ever! Boston11" />
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Best Boston route training run ever! Empty Re: Best Boston route training run ever!

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:39 am

Awesome!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Best Boston route training run ever! Empty Re: Best Boston route training run ever!

Post  ounce Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Then, I guess you'd say that if you can afford the money or spend the time to run that 23 miles with the others, that it would be a real test and confidence booster?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!  See you in April.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Looks like you are ready.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:27 am

ounce wrote:Then, I guess you'd say that if you can afford the money or spend the time to run that 23 miles with the others, that it would be a real test and confidence booster?
I have to say that I'm very blessed to live only 2 hours away. My wife & I go out to dinner on the way Friday & then spend the night in Milford (next to Hopkinton.) My non-runner wife loves getting away & enjoys whenever I do these Boston course training runs. Boston is our favorite city (we dated there while attending a Bible college.) After she picks me up at the designated spot & time, we go back to the hotel, so I can shower. Then we head back into Boston to enjoy the rest of the day there. I bought a new pair of running shoes & we had dinner in the North end. Ah, what a fantastic weekend! Praise God!
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Nice!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down