365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Annual Boston List

+9
Jerry
Dave P
Gobbles
Ed
Admin
Jim Lentz
fostever
Michele "1L" Keane
mountandog
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official Annual Boston List - Page 2 Empty Re: Official Annual Boston List

Post  Jerry Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:56 pm

mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:Hey Michael,

I would prefer you use <=2:59:59 instead of <3:00 on my goal if all possible.

Thank You!

Jerry

no problem - I understand the optics, but please explain to me the mathematical difference first.   scratch
It's not my intention to run a 2:59:59.9, where BAA probably will round to 3:00:00.

Very unlikely to happen, but I am a serious runner...
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:

Thank You!

Jerry

no problem - I understand the optics, but please explain to me the mathematical difference first.   scratch
It's not my intention to run a 2:59:59.9, where BAA probably will round to 3:00:00.

Ha.  I was wondering whether or not you'd come up with that exact scenario.  Let me tell you it happened last year to my daughter Chelsea.  She actually ran 2:59:59.7.  We have a screenshot of her first posted Boston time that shows that time.  When the official time was issued IT WAS 3:00:00.  So yes they do round up.  Her target for the race just happend to be 3 hours.  She hit it dead on,  lol - she should have had your strategy instead.

As a side note, she has been contacted a few times by random runners wanting to know if her time was "for real".
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 pm

I wish you all the best! I hope the weather cooperates, too.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm

mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:

Thank You!

Jerry

Ha.  I was wondering whether or not you'd come up with that exact scenario.  Let me tell you it happened last year to my daughter Chelsea.  She actually ran 2:59:59.7.  We have a screenshot of her first posted Boston time that shows that time.  When the official time was issued IT WAS 3:00:00.  So yes they do round up.  Her target for the race just happend to be 3 hours.  She hit it dead on,  lol - she should have had your strategy instead.

As a side note, she has been contacted a few times by random runners wanting to know if her time was "for real".

Didn't see this coming. I was just making it up.  lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:

Thank You!

Jerry

Didn't see this coming. I was just making it up.  lol!
you think up the most unlikely scenarios.............and sure enough......it happens.   Very Happy
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2