365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running In Cold Weather

3 posters

Go down

Running In Cold Weather Empty Running In Cold Weather

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Just thought this would be of interest to most of us - even Doug, Jerry, Mike and others who live in normally warm climates (except for Florida):

http://runneracademy.com/cold-weather-impact-on-running/
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Running In Cold Weather Empty Re: Running In Cold Weather

Post  Jerry Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:52 pm

That convinces me to wear tights. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Yes, we in the Sun Belt need to be aware of the biting cold, as well as those in the North.

I found the article very good, but I was somewhat surprised that they didn't mention the need for adequate covering for the male member.  Heck, they mentioned about frostbite on the nose.  It wouldn't take much to type about other places, too.

I found the below excerpt most interesting:
"When running in cold conditions it is important to keep your muscles warm and your core temperature maintained at all times.  If you become chilled on a run or allow yourself to cool down for any length of time your body is unable to get back to the prior temperature without returning to a warmer environment.  As a result, your performance will suffer"

Thanks, Michele.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down