365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "In Between"

+11
JohnP
Seth Harrison
nkrichards
Jerry
John Kilpatrick
Michele "1L" Keane
Dave P
Julie
ounce
Mark B
Nick Morris
15 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The "In Between" Empty The "In Between"

Post  Nick Morris Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:17 am

So, now I am in that transitional period.  The one where I have completed my training cycle and goal race and am deciding what to do next.  I had a great training cycle, which led to a new marathon PR and my first BQ.  For the first time in over four years, I have to make a new goal.  I am at a place that I haven't been in a while.  I call it the "In Between"...In between training cycles.  In between running goals.  

The one thing that I know is that I will continue to run.  My friend Pete is planning on starting a training cycle on December 1st for a 100k race in May.  I think that I will likely run some long weekend runs with him.  While at the same time, continue to run 2-3 times during the week.  Hopefully this will keep me at about 30-40 miles per week, which is higher than my normal winter running.  Then when lat winter hits, I may ramp it up a little bit and run a spring marathon.

This is the tentative plan and all the while will be thinking about what to do this fall. whether to train hard for a new goal or just train to run a race.  Only time will tell, as I venture through the "In Between".  

This blog will be my diary.  Collecting my thoughts and documenting my running as I navigate the "In Between"...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

The "In Between" Empty Re: The "In Between"

Post  Mark B Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 am

Ooo, a nice new, Nick blog. I see you're more organized than some of us, adroitly moving on to the next phase rather than bumbling around on the trailings of the last one. Wink

Good tidings for the journey.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Mark B wrote:Ooo, a nice new, Nick blog. I see you're more organized than some of us, adroitly moving on to the next phase rather than bumbling around on the trailings of the last one. Wink

Thanks Mark!!  I got my redemption, so I figured it was a good time to close the book on that one.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:Ooo, a nice new, Nick blog. I see you're more organized than some of us, adroitly moving on to the next phase rather than bumbling around on the trailings of the last one. Wink

Thanks Mark!!  I got my redemption, so I figured it was a good time to close the book on that one.
(Mark doesn't want to be accused of a 'mid-life crisis' by starting a new blog.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )  Any thing that any guy in his 50's gets accused of is 'mid-life crisis' on the littlest crap.  But I digress...

Nick, well, you've earned a new blog (so has Mark), so good luck on this latest adventure and don't get hurt.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:28 pm

ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

(Mark doesn't want to be accused of a 'mid-life crisis' by starting a new blog.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )  Any thing that any guy in his 50's gets accused of is 'mid-life crisis' on the littlest crap.  But I digress...
Hey, I heard that. And even if it is a mid-life crisis, at least it's cheaper than a sports car and spray tan.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Hey, I heard that. And even if it is a mid-life crisis, at least it's cheaper than a sports car and spray tan.
I resemble that remark, except for the spray tan.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:36 am

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

You guys crack me up Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:41 am

Last night the weather was craptacular at 39 degrees and rain.  This caused me to head to the gym to get my run in.  I got in three miles at around a 7:25 pace.  I find it weird that I sweat more in doors than I do outdoors during the summer.  Maybe it's because there is no wind...but on the other hand...there is no sun either.  Oh well...Not sure what I am going to get in this weekend, as we are heading up to Minneapolis for the Badgers vs. Gophers game on Saturday.  Maybe I'll get something in on Sunday, but it will depend on when we get back.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

We're just working on material for our future career as Statler and Waldorf...

The "In Between" Tms-st10

Very Happy

Nice run, BTW. I've always found that I always sweat buckets more indoors than out. I think that the lack of air movement has a lot to do with it. Good job getting it done.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Very Happy

Nice run, BTW. I've always found that I always sweat buckets more indoors than out. I think that the lack of air movement has a lot to do with it. Good job getting it done.
So true.  Why, Mark and I are already a couple of dummies.  I just wish they wouldn't throw us in the washing machine to clean us.

And when I sweat, I don't sweat buckets, just water.  Maybe you should get that changed because the NOISE is deafening.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:18 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Very Happy

So true.  Why, Mark and I are already a couple of dummies.  I just wish they wouldn't throw us in the washing machine to clean us.

And when I sweat, I don't sweat buckets, just water.  Maybe you should get that changed because the NOISE is deafening.
Ka-pwing! (Actually, more like ka-bang! clank! chunk-chunk-chunk-CHUNK-whank-shugugagagaga....)

No, I don't see why we never get invited to dinner parties, either, Ounce... geek
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Very Happy

Ka-pwing! (Actually, more like ka-bang! clank! chunk-chunk-chunk-CHUNK-whank-shugugagagaga....)

No, I don't see why we never get invited to dinner parties, either, Ounce... geek
Why?  Because it's never your day for a bath.  THAT'S why.  That smell is not your 'aura', it's all that old, dried and matted woolskin you have.

It wouldn't be so bad, if the Count would stop coming over.  EVERY DAY, "Let's count how many days it's been since he's taken a bath 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10, oh I can count more than that because, after all, I'M the COUNT.  Bwah, ah, ah."

(Bert and Ernie wish they were this good.)
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:59 pm

ounce wrote:(Bert and Ernie wish they were this good.)
And poor Nick is wondering how he lost control of his blog. Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:(Bert and Ernie wish they were this good.)
And poor Nick is wondering how he lost control of his blog. Smile
I'd shut it down, while he still can.

(Thank God that he's not an administrator)
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:01 pm

I thought Nick must be posting a lot of runs for one day for his blog to be this long already!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:05 pm

Maybe he should have titled it "SCZ" Very Happy
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:04 am

Julie wrote:I thought Nick must be posting a lot of runs for one day for his blog to be this long already!
Mark B wrote:Maybe he should have titled it "SCZ" Very Happy
Uh, I don't know what y'all are talking about.scratch
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Julie wrote:I thought Nick must be posting a lot of runs for one day for his blog to be this long already!
Me too Smile  But I am not...hahaha
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Mark B wrote:Maybe he should have titled it "SCZ" Very Happy
I had faith in you guys to eventually stop the banter...

You both passed Wink

Barely...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:59 pm

So did you run today? Smile
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:28 pm

I'll behave.  silent
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 pm

He started it.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:34 am

Mark B wrote:He started it.
silent Mad affraid
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Oops! Did we scare Nick away from his own blog? D'oh! Sorry!

Hope you're doing well and post soon...
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Not sure what was going on in this blog, but stopping by to say hi Nick.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum