365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desire Nothing

+10
Chris M
mul21
Nick Morris
John Kilpatrick
Michele "1L" Keane
nkrichards
Dave-O
ounce
Mark B
Mike MacLellan
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Desire Nothing - Page 3 Empty Re: Desire Nothing

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:57 pm

Alex - I find that I'm not consistent in any manner if I try the completely-by-feel approach, which leads to potential injury just as much as overtraining would.  See below...

---

5mi today.  

My DOMS from Sunday's pacing job somehow completely healed up during the course of yesterday. Weird that in the morning I was a bit tender going down stairs and after about 10hr of work I felt fresh again.  

The run today was mostly good, though the effort level felt a little high for the pace.  I know, I know, stop looking at pace.  Interestingly, though, I felt like I could go for hours... and really wanted to.  So, maybe some structure is a good thing, as it keeps me from doing really stupid shit.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Good weekend!  I don't know what's going on with my running, but it seems to have rebounded a bit.

5mi recovery w/ 3x strides on Thursday.  Strides weren't so smooth, but that makes sense having not done them in months.

Planned day off Friday with a flight home to the parents'.  We didn't get home until about 2:30am, since my brother flew into LAX around midnight, so...  That was fun.  What a Face

Saturday was 8.3mi with my brother on the same trails as last time I was home.  Felt good, good to talk and run with someone who's on my pace and has similar goals.  Then there was a lot of food and drink.

Which made Sunday's 4mi in 80 degree heat somewhat miserable.  But with my dad, brother, and Aileen, it was better than it could've been.  

Celebrated Christmas Sunday morning, flew back late last night, and taking a day off work today.  Got 5mi coming up shortly, ~30mi this week planned.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:45 pm

4mi with 3.5x strides today.  .5 because my quad cramped during the last one and I shut it down as it started.  I'm nervous about what that cramp could mean, but I'm going to take it as a warning sign to stick to the slow stuff.  It's still frustrating that I can't run comfortable sub-8s anymore, when just a month or two ago I was doing it with no issues.  I don't understand that part of all this.  Just gotta keep telling myself to be patient - a year from now, I'll be quick again.  I hope.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: