365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAPER MADNESS!!!!

+16
Jordan S.
Jim Lentz
dot520
wrichman
mountandog
Michael Enright
nkrichards
Chris Coleman
mul21
ounce
Mark B
Jerry
Julie
carleenp
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
20 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 19 Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 am

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:You don't want me to put the sugar mixture on my feet?  I'll follow your plan!

Well, since it appears from your photo on FB that you'll already be wearing a kid's birthday cake on your feet, I didn't think it was necessary. Wink

TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 19 Cakesh10
Well, it was great foresight on my part to have been wearing (but not at the time of the photo) my 8-8 oz bottle Fuel Belt during the Expo, because that thing worked great!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:47 pm

ounce wrote:Well, it was great foresight on my part to have been wearing (but not at the time of the photo) my 8-8 oz bottle Fuel Belt during the Expo, because that thing worked great!

Had to go to the restroom, huh? Well, good thinking.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:Well, it was great foresight on my part to have been wearing (but not at the time of the photo) my 8-8 oz bottle Fuel Belt during the Expo, because that thing worked great!

Had to go to the restroom, huh? Well, good thinking.
You have no idea.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:58 pm

I've enjoyed y'alls participation in this psycho first marathoner's TAPER MADNESS!!!!

It's been a lot of fun.  I hope whomever has a taper madness coming up, they will resurrect this thread and take US along another journey of

TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Now, it's race time.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 19 Empty TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Scaredy cat 2016

Post  ounce Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:38 pm

I had thought that I did a TAPER MADNESS thread for last year's Houston, but after reviewing Funkadelic Happenings from last year and this thread, it would seem that I was wrong.  Shhhh.  Don't tell my ex.  There were certainly more people here two years ago, than now.  Maybe we can sucker in some of the "Your Week in Training now - then" gentlemen to stop by.

TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 19 Scaredy-cat_130435094042
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:19 am

So, I wonder if I should use Uber for something for the marathon?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:39 pm

16 days and 19 hours to go!!!!!!!!!

Checking weather.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:51 pm

How's the weather looking? Are your shoes at the proper level of wear?

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Mark B wrote:How's the weather looking? Are your shoes at the proper level of wear?
It do look like the earlier reports of the El Nino demise were exaggerated.

Aside from that, I don't understand why an accurate forecast for any date is so frickin' difficult.  We live in a nice linear way, why can't meteorologists make a linear forecast?  Like they think Mother Nature is alinear or something.

As far as shoes, I'm taking your suggestion and will buy for the race some Altra Lone Star 2.5 shoes.  I think they'll have them on sale at the Expo, so I'll wait until then.  That's not too early, is it?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:00 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:How's the weather looking? Are your shoes at the proper level of wear?
It do look like the earlier reports of the El Nino demise were exaggerated.

Aside from that, I don't understand why an accurate forecast for any date is so frickin' difficult.  We live in a nice linear way, why can't meteorologists make a linear forecast?  Like they think Mother Nature is alinear or something.

As far as shoes, I'm taking your suggestion and will buy for the race some Altra Lone Star 2.5 shoes.  I think they'll have them on sale at the Expo, so I'll wait until then.  That's not too early, is it?

I think those would be great, and if you wear them to the pasta feed, it should be great. Marinara helps soften the upper.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:03 am

Whew, that's a RELIEF, I think.  Except you forget that I'm not a carb-based runner, but a fat-based runner (both in looks as well as consumption. Razz ).  But what I'm not sure about is:  Are shoes a carb-based shoe or fat-based?????  HOLY ADIPOSE, Duckman!!

Should I feed them pasta and chili (sorry, Duckman) or sauteed yellow squash with heavy whipping cream?  I've never fed shoes before. 

But won't feeding them make them too wet to wear, not to mention lessening their fashionability?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:45 pm

ounce wrote:Whew, that's a RELIEF, I think.  Except you forget that I'm not a carb-based runner, but a fat-based runner (both in looks as well as consumption. Razz ).  But what I'm not sure about is:  Are shoes a carb-based shoe or fat-based?????  HOLY ADIPOSE, Duckman!!

Should I feed them pasta and chili (sorry, Duckman) or sauteed yellow squash with heavy whipping cream?  I've never fed shoes before. 

But won't feeding them make them too wet to wear, not to mention lessening their fashionability?

As long as you don't put too much coconut grease on the soles, you should be fine. Otherwise, it might give a whole 'nother meaning to the term "first mile splits." affraid

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:Whew, that's a RELIEF, I think.  Except you forget that I'm not a carb-based runner, but a fat-based runner (both in looks as well as consumption. Razz ).  But what I'm not sure about is:  Are shoes a carb-based shoe or fat-based?????  HOLY ADIPOSE, Duckman!!

As long as you don't put too much coconut grease on the soles, you should be fine. Otherwise, it might give a whole 'nother meaning to the term "first mile splits." affraid
I'm sure somebody with some rum, ice, and pineapple juice will be chasing me down after smelling the coconut oil.  Does drinking adult beverages help performance?

Maybe I should nail on some spikes to the sole of the shoes.  Does Altra make track spikes for roads?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:37 pm

It's 13 days until my goal marathon.  What kind of during race food do y'all eat and why?  I'm trying to figure out if I should have a bag of the stuff in my shorts.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Over the weekend, my left inner ankle started bugging me again.  Since the marathon is still a while away, would doing stair climbing and jump rope be a good exercise to start doing?  Oooh, should I do both exercises together?  Wouldn't that make the benefit occur twice as fast???

Thanks so much.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Totally. Yes. Go for it.

While you're at it, consider one-legged hopping stadium steps. I'd suggest hills but you're in Houston, soo.....

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Mark B wrote:Totally. Yes. Go for it.

While you're at it, consider one-legged hopping stadium steps. I'd suggest hills but you're in Houston, soo.....
Great, thanks very much, Mark B!!!

Oh, one other question before I start.  Which foot should I start with?  I'm sure it'll make a difference.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:09 pm

ounce wrote:

Oh, one other question before I start.  Which foot should I start with?  I'm sure it'll make a difference.

Neither.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Neither.

A big help YOU are!!!! 

I guess you didn't know that in addition to having one-legged hopping stadium steps, Houston has many two-legged hopping stadium steps.  I'll flip a two-headed nickel and see which leg I will start.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:10 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Neither.

A big help YOU are!!!! 

I guess you didn't know that in addition to having one-legged hopping stadium steps, Houston has many two-legged hopping stadium steps.  I'll flip a two-headed nickel and see which leg I will start.

No, really. Neither.

It's a zen thing.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:41 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Neither.

A big help YOU are!!!! 

No, really. Neither.

It's a zen thing.
Looks like you misspelled whatever you intended to type with the letters z-e-n.  If I'm supposed to fix the ankle and start hopping, then I need to start hoppin'.  Oh, where's that durn nickel when I need it?

I'd better go figure out what kind of fashion statement I want to make for the race, because it's better to look good than to feel good.  My hero, Fernando, from SNL said that.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:06 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Neither.

A big help YOU are!!!! 

No, really. Neither.

It's a zen thing.
Looks like you misspelled whatever you intended to type with the letters z-e-n.  If I'm supposed to fix the ankle and start hopping, then I need to start hoppin'.  Oh, where's that durn nickel when I need it?

I'd better go figure out what kind of fashion statement I want to make for the race, because it's better to look good than to feel good.  My hero, Fernando, from SNL said that.

You're welcome.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:42 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Neither.

A big help YOU are!!!! 

No, really. Neither.

It's a zen thing.

You're welcome.
There was a guy dressed like that at the start of the JJ100, back in October.

No, I wouldn't cause people to lose their breakfast on that day after seeing me in that which would be closer to looking like
TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 19 Th?&id=OIP.M19d89cf2fa4b0e67431fd407f0f3683bo0&w=264&h=280&c=0&pid=1
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:20 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Neither.

A big help YOU are!!!! 

No, really. Neither.

It's a zen thing.

You're welcome.

No, I wouldn't cause people to lose their breakfast on that day after seeing me in that which would be closer to looking like
TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 19 Th?&id=OIP.M19d89cf2fa4b0e67431fd407f0f3683bo0&w=264&h=280&c=0&pid=1

I see why you prefer cold-weather races.

affraid

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Neither.

A big help YOU are!!!! 

No, really. Neither.

It's a zen thing.

You're welcome.

I see why you prefer cold-weather races.

affraid
If I was faster, imagine the number of people that would pay me to let them draft off of me.
Money Money
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next