365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:49 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:It looks like the temperature is creeping up ...

Shh! 

Hey, who gave this new, lazy American typing rights?

You make it sound like Jerry is new to being lazy...Far from the truth Smile

Guess I should've said, "Hey, who gave this Jerry typing rights?"
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 pm

I hear a term for fueling for the marathon as 'carbo-loading.'  What is this and where do I put the load?
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:12 am

@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:It looks like the temperature is creeping up ...

Shh! 

Hey, who gave this new, lazy American typing rights?

The First Amendment.

Point, set, match to Jerry. Smile
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7481
Points : 16423
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:01 am

@Mark B wrote:
@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:It looks like the temperature is creeping up ...

Shh! 

Hey, who gave this new, lazy American typing rights?

The First Amendment.

Point, set, match to Jerry. Smile
Who asked you, Mr. Freedom of the Pressman?

Why are y'all all ganging up on me????  Especially in my tender state?
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

Anyway, I need to find out what to eat.  Thanks for the help.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Jerry on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 pm

@ounce wrote:Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

Anyway, I need to find out what to eat.  Thanks for the help.

I think 16 is too much. You are screwed.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1004504
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:34 pm

@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

Anyway, I need to find out what to eat.  Thanks for the help.

I think 16 is too much. You are screwed.

Thank you for practicing your First Amendment rights.  But, I didn't want to go into the marathon without checking how the Vibrams worked.  So, I shouldn't have done it anyway?
 bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 
 Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots 
 Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead 
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm

@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

Anyway, I need to find out what to eat.  Thanks for the help.

I think 16 is too much. You are screwed.

Yup...Dun dun dun!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12239
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Jerry on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:43 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

Anyway, I need to find out what to eat.  Thanks for the help.

I think 16 is too much. You are screwed.

Thank you for practicing your First Amendment rights.  But, I didn't want to go into the marathon without checking how the Vibrams worked.  So, I shouldn't have done it anyway?
 bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 
 Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots 
 Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead 
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think 16 is too much on the V. You need a new pair. lol! 

I go for a run ...
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1004504
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:34 pm

@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

Anyway, I need to find out what to eat.  Thanks for the help.

I think 16 is too much. You are screwed.

Thank you for practicing your First Amendment rights.  But, I didn't want to go into the marathon without checking how the Vibrams worked.  So, I shouldn't have done it anyway?
 bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 
 Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots 
 Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead 
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think 16 is too much on the V. You need a new pair. lol! 

I go for a run ...

You might be right on needing a new pair.  Those soles are so thin.

I was thinking of holding off on carbohydrate loading until Saturday, with an especially big meal on Saturday night.  I always liked eating a big meal before Saturday Night Live.  Something I can add fresh oysters to the bowl.  Sounds yummy!
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Jerry on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:42 pm

I think the race starts at 7:00am? Go check and don't forget. Maybe recheck every 15 minutes in case they change it.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1004504
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:01 pm

@Jerry wrote:I think the race starts at 7:00am? Go check and don't forget. Maybe recheck every 15 minutes in case they change it.

I've checked and I think there's some group that's starting before 7 a.m.  I wonder if I could start early?

And since this is Houston plus the Rodeo starts in March, they're going to have livestock in corrals before the start of the race!  Is that not the coolest thing?!?  There's an A corral, B corral, C corral, and a D corral.  They don't say what animals are going to be in those corrals.

What a great promotional idea for the Rodeo.
 Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Jerry on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:00 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:I think the race starts at 7:00am? Go check and don't forget. Maybe recheck every 15 minutes in case they change it.

I've checked and I think there's some group that's starting before 7 a.m.  I wonder if I could start early?

And since this is Houston plus the Rodeo starts in March, they're going to have livestock in corrals before the start of the race!  Is that not the coolest thing?!?  There's an A corral, B corral, C corral, and a D corral.  They don't say what animals are going to be in those corrals.

What a great promotional idea for the Rodeo.
 Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride

Hey, since you mentioned Rodeo, what is the top Rodeo event in US and Texas?
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1004504
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm

@Jerry wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Jerry wrote:I think the race starts at 7:00am? Go check and don't forget. Maybe recheck every 15 minutes in case they change it.

I've checked and I think there's some group that's starting before 7 a.m.  I wonder if I could start early?

And since this is Houston plus the Rodeo starts in March, they're going to have livestock in corrals before the start of the race!  Is that not the coolest thing?!?  There's an A corral, B corral, C corral, and a D corral.  They don't say what animals are going to be in those corrals.

What a great promotional idea for the Rodeo.
 Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride

Hey, since you mentioned Rodeo, what is the top Rodeo event in US and Texas?

my guess of money events would be the bull ride.  the favorite might be the mutton bustin'.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 pm

@ounce wrote:the favorite might be the mutton bustin'.

 Suspect 
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7481
Points : 16423
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 am

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:the favorite might be the mutton bustin'.

 Suspect 
OMG!  You mean mutton bustin' hasn't made its way up to Vancouver, yet?  Lordy, lordy.
http://www.khou.com/community/Rodeo-fun-Mutton-Bustin-boys--girls-193552861.html
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:16 am

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:the favorite might be the mutton bustin'.

 Suspect 
OMG!  You mean mutton bustin' hasn't made its way up to Vancouver, yet?  Lordy, lordy.
http://www.khou.com/community/Rodeo-fun-Mutton-Bustin-boys--girls-193552861.html

Oh, I'm familiar with the event, Ounce. (Seven years covering the World's Largest Two-Day Rodeo, will do that for you.)

But I wasn't joking about that sort of riding, if you catch my drift.  affraid
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7481
Points : 16423
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 am

I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

They recommend doing it twice...once 4 days before the marathon (Wednesday) and again the night before the marathon (Saturday) after fully carbo-loaded.  So I did it last night and ran 10 miles this morning.  Boy, did I feel light on my feet, plus that extra kick of speed from all the air in my system is invigorating!!

I can't wait to do it again on Saturday night!!
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  mountandog on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 pm

good thing i only check this thread a couple of times a week.  Damn - I thought this race was already run - ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1394
Points : 5858
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 61
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm

@ounce wrote:I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

They recommend doing it twice...once 4 days before the marathon (Wednesday) and again the night before the marathon (Saturday) after fully carbo-loaded.  So I did it last night and ran 10 miles this morning.  Boy, did I feel light on my feet, plus that extra kick of speed from all the air in my system is invigorating!!

I can't wait to do it again on Saturday night!!

No, no, no, Ounce. It wasn't high colonic. It was high CALORIC.

Better start your three-day pancake binge right. about. NOW.

avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7481
Points : 16423
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

They recommend doing it twice...once 4 days before the marathon (Wednesday) and again the night before the marathon (Saturday) after fully carbo-loaded.  So I did it last night and ran 10 miles this morning.  Boy, did I feel light on my feet, plus that extra kick of speed from all the air in my system is invigorating!!

I can't wait to do it again on Saturday night!!

No, no, no, Ounce. It wasn't high colonic. It was high CALORIC.

Better start your three-day pancake binge right. about. NOW.

(glad someone picked up on that)
OMG!!!!!  What-am-I-going-to-do?

Pancakes?  Will waffles work? So, is this one of those Nathan's hot dog eating contest kind of things?  Eat until I'm about to have a baby?
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:13 am

@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

They recommend doing it twice...once 4 days before the marathon (Wednesday) and again the night before the marathon (Saturday) after fully carbo-loaded.  So I did it last night and ran 10 miles this morning.  Boy, did I feel light on my feet, plus that extra kick of speed from all the air in my system is invigorating!!

I can't wait to do it again on Saturday night!!

No, no, no, Ounce. It wasn't high colonic. It was high CALORIC.

Better start your three-day pancake binge right. about. NOW.

(glad someone picked up on that)
OMG!!!!!  What-am-I-going-to-do?

Pancakes?  Will waffles work? So, is this one of those Nathan's hot dog eating contest kind of things?  Eat until I'm about to have a baby?

Yes! Oh wait. You're not doing an ultra, the famous eating contests in the woods. You're a marathoner. Man of precision!

Therefore: Consume 412.2 grams of low glycemic carbohydrates per 3.4 kilograms of weight every 4.172 hours in the 96 hours leading up to the 8 hours before the race. Then, use the restroom. After that, switch to high glycemic carbohydrates (Skittles, preferably), with a dose of one Skittle per 12.67 minutes until your toes turn blue. Drink .82 can of Red Bull. Use the restroom again. Then try to sleep through the night before the race. Race morning, add enough fluid to a bag of pure cane sugar to make into a paste. Brush the mixture lightly on all surfaces you can reach with your tongue. Save that for in-race fueling. See? Easy!
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7481
Points : 16423
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Schuey on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Ounce I can't believe you haven't EXPLODED yet!!!!  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2172
Points : 5773
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:22 am

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

They recommend doing it twice...once 4 days before the marathon (Wednesday) and again the night before the marathon (Saturday) after fully carbo-loaded.  So I did it last night and ran 10 miles this morning.  Boy, did I feel light on my feet, plus that extra kick of speed from all the air in my system is invigorating!!

I can't wait to do it again on Saturday night!!

No, no, no, Ounce. It wasn't high colonic. It was high CALORIC.

Better start your three-day pancake binge right. about. NOW.

(glad someone picked up on that)
OMG!!!!!  What-am-I-going-to-do?

Pancakes?  Will waffles work? So, is this one of those Nathan's hot dog eating contest kind of things?  Eat until I'm about to have a baby?

Yes! Oh wait. You're not doing an ultra, the famous eating contests in the woods. You're a marathoner. Man of precision!

Therefore: Consume 412.2 grams of low glycemic carbohydrates per 3.4 kilograms of weight every 4.172 hours in the 96 hours leading up to the 8 hours before the race. Then, use the restroom. After that, switch to high glycemic carbohydrates (Skittles, preferably), with a dose of one Skittle per 12.67 minutes until your toes turn blue. Drink .82 can of Red Bull. Use the restroom again. Then try to sleep through the night before the race. Race morning, add enough fluid to a bag of pure cane sugar to make into a paste. Brush the mixture lightly on all surfaces you can reach with your tongue. Save that for in-race fueling. See? Easy!
You don't want me to put the sugar mixture on my feet?  I'll follow your plan!
@Schuey wrote:Ounce I can't believe you haven't EXPLODED yet!!!!  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
I'm tapering, not exploding.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4973
Points : 13860
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 am

@ounce wrote:You don't want me to put the sugar mixture on my feet?  I'll follow your plan!

Well, since it appears from your photo on FB that you'll already be wearing a kid's birthday cake on your feet, I didn't think it was necessary. Wink

avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7481
Points : 16423
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum