365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAPER MADNESS!!!!

+16
Jordan S.
Jim Lentz
dot520
wrichman
mountandog
Michael Enright
nkrichards
Chris Coleman
mul21
ounce
Mark B
Jerry
Julie
carleenp
Michele "1L" Keane
Nick Morris
20 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 18 Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
ounce wrote:
Jerry wrote:It looks like the temperature is creeping up ...

Shh! 

Hey, who gave this new, lazy American typing rights?

You make it sound like Jerry is new to being lazy...Far from the truth Smile

Guess I should've said, "Hey, who gave this Jerry typing rights?"
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 pm

I hear a term for fueling for the marathon as 'carbo-loading.'  What is this and where do I put the load?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:12 am

Jerry wrote:
ounce wrote:

Shh! 

The First Amendment.

Point, set, match to Jerry. Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:01 am

Mark B wrote:
Jerry wrote:
ounce wrote:

Shh! 

The First Amendment.

Point, set, match to Jerry. Smile
Who asked you, Mr. Freedom of the Pressman?

Why are y'all all ganging up on me????  Especially in my tender state?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

Anyway, I need to find out what to eat.  Thanks for the help.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 pm

ounce wrote:Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

The Vibrams gave me a blister, too.  I don't think that'll be an issue on Sunday because I won't be running on a treadmill.

I think 16 is too much. You are screwed.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Jerry wrote:
ounce wrote:Finished doing 16 on the treadmill in the Vibrams at the 10:30 pace.  I don't think I can get down to a 9 something pace.  I'm a little tired, too.  I hope I can recover by Sunday.  Well, there's always Red Bull in my 8 bottle Fuel Belt.

Thank you for practicing your First Amendment rights.  But, I didn't want to go into the marathon without checking how the Vibrams worked.  So, I shouldn't have done it anyway?
 bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 
 Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots  Shots 
 Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead  Dead 
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Jerry wrote:

Yup...Dun dun dun!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:43 pm

ounce wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Thank you for practicing your First Amendment rights.  But, I didn't want to go into the marathon without checking how the Vibrams worked.  So, I shouldn't have done it anyway?
 bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce 
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think 16 is too much on the V. You need a new pair. lol! 

I go for a run ...
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Jerry wrote:
ounce wrote:
Jerry wrote:

I think 16 is too much on the V. You need a new pair. lol! 

I go for a run ...

You might be right on needing a new pair.  Those soles are so thin.

I was thinking of holding off on carbohydrate loading until Saturday, with an especially big meal on Saturday night.  I always liked eating a big meal before Saturday Night Live.  Something I can add fresh oysters to the bowl.  Sounds yummy!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:42 pm

I think the race starts at 7:00am? Go check and don't forget. Maybe recheck every 15 minutes in case they change it.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Jerry wrote:I think the race starts at 7:00am? Go check and don't forget. Maybe recheck every 15 minutes in case they change it.

I've checked and I think there's some group that's starting before 7 a.m.  I wonder if I could start early?

And since this is Houston plus the Rodeo starts in March, they're going to have livestock in corrals before the start of the race!  Is that not the coolest thing?!?  There's an A corral, B corral, C corral, and a D corral.  They don't say what animals are going to be in those corrals.

What a great promotional idea for the Rodeo.
 Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride  Ride
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:00 pm

ounce wrote:
Jerry wrote:I think the race starts at 7:00am? Go check and don't forget. Maybe recheck every 15 minutes in case they change it.

I've checked and I think there's some group that's starting before 7 a.m.  I wonder if I could start early?

And since this is Houston plus the Rodeo starts in March, they're going to have livestock in corrals before the start of the race!  Is that not the coolest thing?!?  There's an A corral, B corral, C corral, and a D corral.  They don't say what animals are going to be in those corrals.

Hey, since you mentioned Rodeo, what is the top Rodeo event in US and Texas?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Jerry wrote:
ounce wrote:

Hey, since you mentioned Rodeo, what is the top Rodeo event in US and Texas?

my guess of money events would be the bull ride.  the favorite might be the mutton bustin'.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 pm

ounce wrote:the favorite might be the mutton bustin'.

Suspect 
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 am

Mark B wrote:

Suspect 
OMG!  You mean mutton bustin' hasn't made its way up to Vancouver, yet?  Lordy, lordy.
http://www.khou.com/community/Rodeo-fun-Mutton-Bustin-boys--girls-193552861.html
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:16 am

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Suspect 
OMG!  You mean mutton bustin' hasn't made its way up to Vancouver, yet?  Lordy, lordy.
http://www.khou.com/community/Rodeo-fun-Mutton-Bustin-boys--girls-193552861.html

Oh, I'm familiar with the event, Ounce. (Seven years covering the World's Largest Two-Day Rodeo, will do that for you.)

But I wasn't joking about that sort of riding, if you catch my drift.  affraid
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 am

I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

They recommend doing it twice...once 4 days before the marathon (Wednesday) and again the night before the marathon (Saturday) after fully carbo-loaded.  So I did it last night and ran 10 miles this morning.  Boy, did I feel light on my feet, plus that extra kick of speed from all the air in my system is invigorating!!

I can't wait to do it again on Saturday night!!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 pm

good thing i only check this thread a couple of times a week.  Damn - I thought this race was already run - ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm

ounce wrote:I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

They recommend doing it twice...once 4 days before the marathon (Wednesday) and again the night before the marathon (Saturday) after fully carbo-loaded.  So I did it last night and ran 10 miles this morning.  Boy, did I feel light on my feet, plus that extra kick of speed from all the air in my system is invigorating!!

No, no, no, Ounce. It wasn't high colonic. It was high CALORIC.

Better start your three-day pancake binge right. about. NOW.

Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:I read a story on the internet (so it must be factual and true) that a high colonic is a great way to get all the bad actors out of your system and it's especially useful for marathoners.

(glad someone picked up on that)
OMG!!!!!  What-am-I-going-to-do?

Pancakes?  Will waffles work? So, is this one of those Nathan's hot dog eating contest kind of things?  Eat until I'm about to have a baby?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:13 am

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Pancakes?  Will waffles work? So, is this one of those Nathan's hot dog eating contest kind of things?  Eat until I'm about to have a baby?

Yes! Oh wait. You're not doing an ultra, the famous eating contests in the woods. You're a marathoner. Man of precision!

Therefore: Consume 412.2 grams of low glycemic carbohydrates per 3.4 kilograms of weight every 4.172 hours in the 96 hours leading up to the 8 hours before the race. Then, use the restroom. After that, switch to high glycemic carbohydrates (Skittles, preferably), with a dose of one Skittle per 12.67 minutes until your toes turn blue. Drink .82 can of Red Bull. Use the restroom again. Then try to sleep through the night before the race. Race morning, add enough fluid to a bag of pure cane sugar to make into a paste. Brush the mixture lightly on all surfaces you can reach with your tongue. Save that for in-race fueling. See? Easy!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Ounce I can't believe you haven't EXPLODED yet!!!!  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:22 am

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Yes! Oh wait. You're not doing an ultra, the famous eating contests in the woods. You're a marathoner. Man of precision!

Therefore: Consume 412.2 grams of low glycemic carbohydrates per 3.4 kilograms of weight every 4.172 hours in the 96 hours leading up to the 8 hours before the race. Then, use the restroom. After that, switch to high glycemic carbohydrates (Skittles, preferably), with a dose of one Skittle per 12.67 minutes until your toes turn blue. Drink .82 can of Red Bull. Use the restroom again. Then try to sleep through the night before the race. Race morning, add enough fluid to a bag of pure cane sugar to make into a paste. Brush the mixture lightly on all surfaces you can reach with your tongue. Save that for in-race fueling. See? Easy!
You don't want me to put the sugar mixture on my feet?  I'll follow your plan!
Schuey wrote:Ounce I can't believe you haven't EXPLODED yet!!!!  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
I'm tapering, not exploding.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 am

ounce wrote:You don't want me to put the sugar mixture on my feet?  I'll follow your plan!

Well, since it appears from your photo on FB that you'll already be wearing a kid's birthday cake on your feet, I didn't think it was necessary. Wink

TAPER MADNESS!!!! - Page 18 Cakesh10
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next