365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Chris Coleman on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 pm

You're all mad. You know you're worrying about reducing the mileage impacting on your marathons. Anyone can see that this can be avoided completely by leaving the taper until after the race.
avatar
Chris Coleman
Poster
Poster

Posts : 211
Points : 3021
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 71
Location : Abu Dhabi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:16 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Julie wrote:I think madness is setting in, Nick.
Naa...I am just playing along with audience at home.
Just keep telling yourself that, Nick... cyclops cyclops cyclops 
OK, this whole "sick people around me" thing has me a little on edge...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Julie on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Did someone just cough? Have you touched any door handles without a paper towel?
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6546
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:12 pm


More like this
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4927
Points : 13699
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Jerry on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Oh crap, all these years, I thought I lived in America. I only lived in Texas?
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1004438
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:36 pm

@Jerry wrote:Oh crap, all these years, I thought I lived in America. I only lived in Texas?
Yes Jerry, there is Texas and then there is America...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Jerry wrote:Oh crap, all these years, I thought I lived in America. I only lived in Texas?
Yes Jerry, there is Texas and then there is America...
In that order of Texas, first.

Amazing clarity for someone from Madison, Wise Cousin.Wink 

But Jerry, don't ever get sucked in to the idea that Texas could secede from the United States.  It can't happen.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4927
Points : 13699
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:14 pm

@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Jerry wrote:Oh crap, all these years, I thought I lived in America. I only lived in Texas?
Yes Jerry, there is Texas and then there is America...
In that order of Texas, first.

Amazing clarity for someone from Madison, Wise Cousin.Wink 

But Jerry, don't ever get sucked in to the idea that Texas could secede from the United States.  It can't happen.
I have family in Texas, so I have been well informed Smile
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:08 pm

@Julie wrote:Did someone just cough? Have you touched any door handles without a paper towel?
Never fear! We have Nick's answer right here!



Slip it on, fill it up, and you'll be golden. Approval
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16283
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Jerry on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:11 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@ounce wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Jerry wrote:Oh crap, all these years, I thought I lived in America. I only lived in Texas?
Yes Jerry, there is Texas and then there is America...
In that order of Texas, first.

Amazing clarity for someone from Madison, Wise Cousin.Wink 

But Jerry, don't ever get sucked in to the idea that Texas could secede from the United States.  It can't happen.
I have family in Texas, so I have been well informed Smile
Lets not secede, or I will have to pay international registration fee for Boston.
avatar
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1004438
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Julie on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:27 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Julie wrote:Did someone just cough? Have you touched any door handles without a paper towel?
Never fear! We have Nick's answer right here!



Slip it on, fill it up, and you'll be golden. Approval
still need mask for face. Very Happy  I'm having way too much fun here.
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6546
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:31 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Julie wrote:Did someone just cough? Have you touched any door handles without a paper towel?
Never fear! We have Nick's answer right here!



Slip it on, fill it up, and you'll be golden. Approval
I like it!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:32 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Julie wrote:Did someone just cough? Have you touched any door handles without a paper towel?
Never fear! We have Nick's answer right here!



Slip it on, fill it up, and you'll be golden. Approval
That's really cool.  Houston's best race is the Bayou City Classic 10K in March, where there's a costume division.  That would fit so well.
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4927
Points : 13699
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Julie on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:41 pm

OK how would one breathe and run a 10K with that on?
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6546
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm

@Julie wrote:OK how would one breathe and run a 10K with that on?
Easy! Just flip the cap up. Smile
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16283
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Julie on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:45 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Julie wrote:OK how would one breathe and run a 10K with that on?
Easy! Just flip the cap up. Smile
duh. Sleep
avatar
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6546
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  nkrichards on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:47 pm

That was a fun read.  No taper madness here...I'm to busy.  But I did notice on my short, easy run today that I had some unusual aches and pains that I haven't had during training.  I could have sworn for a minute that I had appendicitis...the pain felt just like they described on the news this morning.

Good thing taper madness isn't an issue for me. Smile
avatar
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2185
Points : 7573
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 60
Location : Sunny Central Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:54 pm

@nkrichards wrote:That was a fun read.  No taper madness here...I'm to busy.  But I did notice on my short, easy run today that I had some unusual aches and pains that I haven't had during training.  I could have sworn for a minute that I had appendicitis...the pain felt just like they described on the news this morning.

Good thing taper madness isn't an issue for me. Smile
If you don't watch the news, you can't get appendicitis.  Idea
avatar
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4927
Points : 13699
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 61
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Julie wrote:OK how would one breathe and run a 10K with that on?
Easy! Just flip the cap up. Smile
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 pm

@nkrichards wrote:
Good thing taper madness isn't an issue for me. Smile
You keep telling yourself that Wink
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:03 pm

@nkrichards wrote:That was a fun read.  No taper madness here...I'm to busy.  But I did notice on my short, easy run today that I had some unusual aches and pains that I haven't had during training.  I could have sworn for a minute that I had appendicitis...the pain felt just like they described on the news this morning.

Good thing taper madness isn't an issue for me. Smile
No, no problem at all! affraid 
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16283
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 am

Good news is that the preliminary test came back on the GF and the initial strep test came back negative.  Either way, I have added another ingredient to my stay healthy cocktail.  I am now on a healthy diet of Zicam, Airborne, and Cough/Cold Medicine.  Keeping my fingers crossed...
avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Michael Enright on Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:11 am

Ah, taper, my old nemesis. I love you and I hate you!

The family illnesses seem to have subsided, which is certainly good news. I think I've dodged that bullet (he said, knocking on wood - really!).

I have injury anxiety - the latest is a new pain in my lower left thigh. Not sure where that came from. Good news is I only feel it when I am not walking around. I have a short run tonight - we'll see if it acts up. Nice to have something to worry about...

Otherwise, mostly right now it's about packing anxiety. Making sure I bring everything I need. I was thinking about packing this morning, and that I should do it tomorrow night, so I have an extra night to think of things I need to bring with me.

So, a pretty mild case so far, but the madness is definitely lurking there.

It probably has helped that one of my fleet of aging family jalopies finally bit the bullet. The timing belt went on the '97 Accord, reducing it to scrap value. Time to work out a replacement. That has been a distraction. Logistics.
avatar
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1521
Points : 4744
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 61
Location : Portland, CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 am

@Michael Enright wrote:Ah, taper, my old nemesis. I love you and I hate you!

The family illnesses seem to have subsided, which is certainly good news. I think I've dodged that bullet (he said, knocking on wood - really!).

I have injury anxiety - the latest is a new pain in my lower left thigh. Not sure where that came from. Good news is I only feel it when I am not walking around. I have a short run tonight - we'll see if it acts up. Nice to have something to worry about...

Otherwise, mostly right now it's about packing anxiety. Making sure I bring everything I need. I was thinking about packing this morning, and that I should do it tomorrow night, so I have an extra night to think of things I need to bring with me.

So, a pretty mild case so far, but the madness is definitely lurking there.

It probably has helped that one of my fleet of aging family jalopies finally bit the bullet. The timing belt went on the '97 Accord, reducing it to scrap value. Time to work out a replacement. That has been a distraction. Logistics.
Ah, we've heard from the germaphobes already. Nice to see some good old taperitis! (Your thigh is fine. Your head, however, is messed up.)
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16283
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 am

AHHHH  GERMS!!!!


avatar
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12173
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 37
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum