365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:26 pm

I know that there are quite a few people who are in the middle of taper.  Whether it be for MCM, NYC, or another race.  That being said, I wanted to start a thread for those that are tapering to post their MADNESS Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Personally, I am through my first week of taper and really have not felt the madness yet.  Normally I get all worked up, because my mileage starts to dip.  So far this year, it is not the case.  I am sure that I will succumb to the madness as I get closer to my race.  It is a fun time of year Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:27 pm

I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4895
Points : 12118
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 57
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  carleenp on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:01 pm

I was suppose to start tapering today. But I decided to try a 2 week taper since I was definitely on the low side of mileage my last training cycle and I don't feel particularly tired or ready to rest up at all. 

So, I'll check back here in one week and join you all then!  My marathon is November 10 (Naperville Marathon)
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

Posts : 530
Points : 3858
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 52
Location : Shorewood, IL

View user profile http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Julie on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Bummer, I was hoping to smile at some really mad madness posts but you're seeming pretty even keeled right now, Nick.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6884
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:08 pm

@Julie wrote:Bummer, I was hoping to smile at some really mad madness posts but you're seeming pretty even keeled right now, Nick.
Just give it some time Julie...just give it some time Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Jerry on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:41 pm

I am not mad. I am either lazy or unlazy, never mad.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1004776
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:49 pm

I, for one, am looking forward to the craziness of the next couple of weeks. Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7590
Points : 16927
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 5208
Points : 14711
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 62
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Julie on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 pm

@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
umm....I don't think she's the ill one here. Wink
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6884
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 am

@Julie wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
umm....I don't think she's the ill one here. Wink
and she's running in Indianapolis not NYC.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4895
Points : 12118
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 57
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  ounce on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:51 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
@Julie wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
umm....I don't think she's the ill one here. Wink
and she's running in Indianapolis not NYC.
Details...details. Rolling Eyes
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 5208
Points : 14711
Join date : 2011-06-26
Age : 62
Location : houston

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 am

@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
@Julie wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
umm....I don't think she's the ill one here. Wink
and she's running in Indianapolis not NYC.
Details...details. Rolling Eyes
You mean there aren't boroughs in Indianapolis? Let's see, there's the Speedway borough, the gawdawful airport borough, the downtown borough, and, uh, and.. hm.

Well, you could swing south to the Bloomington and Bedford boroughs, but that's probably more than 26.2 at that point...
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7590
Points : 16927
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
@Julie wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
umm....I don't think she's the ill one here. Wink
and she's running in Indianapolis not NYC.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 am

Michele - Think how bad it could really be.  You could be like Michael or me and have people around you who are sick. pale pale pale pale
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  mul21 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 am

@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
@Julie wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
umm....I don't think she's the ill one here. Wink
and she's running in Indianapolis not NYC.
Details...details. Rolling Eyes
You mean there aren't boroughs in Indianapolis? Let's see, there's the Speedway borough, the gawdawful airport borough, the downtown borough, and, uh, and.. hm.

Well, you could swing south to the Bloomington and Bedford boroughs, but that's probably more than 26.2 at that point...
He meant burros.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsboro_High_School

That's the best I can do......
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1481
Points : 5183
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 43
Location : St. Louis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 am

@mul21 wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
@Julie wrote:
@ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I don't usually go there, but I am there now - that is for sure.
You can tell that Michele is in full bore taper madness.  Just look how the lower case 't' in her sentences make a darker mark on the upper half of the 't' than the lower half.

A textbook and clinical example of taper madnessmyoinfarctionencephalopothy.  She just needs a couple of weeks and an extended run through 5 or 6 boroughs to rid herself of the affliction.
umm....I don't think she's the ill one here. Wink
and she's running in Indianapolis not NYC.
Details...details. Rolling Eyes
You mean there aren't boroughs in Indianapolis? Let's see, there's the Speedway borough, the gawdawful airport borough, the downtown borough, and, uh, and.. hm.

Well, you could swing south to the Bloomington and Bedford boroughs, but that's probably more than 26.2 at that point...
He meant burros.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsboro_High_School

That's the best I can do......
No No No...He means burro...

TAPER MADNESS!!!! 5784613601_25dc7d9cdd_z
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am

Or maybe he meant burrito...

TAPER MADNESS!!!! 3781700_orig
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:30 am

@Nick Morris wrote:Or maybe he meant burrito...

TAPER MADNESS!!!! 3781700_orig
Well he is in Texas!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4895
Points : 12118
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 57
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41 am

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Texas-Memes-1
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Julie on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 pm

I think madness is setting in, Nick.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2612
Points : 6884
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 pm

@Julie wrote:I think madness is setting in, Nick.
Just a bit, perhaps. Very Happy 
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7590
Points : 16927
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 pm

@Julie wrote:I think madness is setting in, Nick.
Naa...I am just playing along with audience at home.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Mark B on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Julie wrote:I think madness is setting in, Nick.
Naa...I am just playing along with audience at home.
Just keep telling yourself that, Nick... cyclops cyclops cyclops 
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7590
Points : 16927
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 55
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Nick Morris on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Julie wrote:I think madness is setting in, Nick.
Naa...I am just playing along with audience at home.
Just keep telling yourself that, Nick... cyclops cyclops cyclops 
OK, this whole "sick people around me" thing has me a little on edge...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 12511
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 38
Location : Madison, WI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TAPER MADNESS!!!! Empty Re: TAPER MADNESS!!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum