365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Lee Troop going for 4th Olympic Marathon Team

Go down

Lee Troop going for 4th Olympic Marathon Team

Post  Tim M on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Lee Troop is an Australian, currently living and coaching some elites in Boulder, CO.

Next weekend, Lee is running the Gold Coast Airport Marathon in Australia. He needs to run a qualifying time to make his fourth Olympic marathon. He is being paced by Jason Hartmann and Pat Rizzo, two of the guys he coaches.

Rizzo was telling me about their pacing requirements. They have little room for error or they don't get paid. They also cannot run past 30KM. Any further and they don't get paid.

So, will Hartmann and Rizzo actually meet the pacing requirements and get paid?

Will Lee Troop join Rob de Castella and Steve Moneghetti as the only Aussies to have participated in four Olympic marathons?
Tim M
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee Troop going for 4th Olympic Marathon Team

Post  Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Will they meet the pacing requirements? I don't know depends on how on much they are going to get paid to meet those requirements. Also if it looks like they won't hit those requirements what is stopping them from them trying to cash in on prize money from the race.

Then again maybe they will meet them and stick to the rules since he is their coach.

Hey Tim, do you know Pat Rizzo? Because if you do, since we are friends and you have spent time here at my house I guess I could say that I know Pat Rizzo also. Basketball Basketball Basketball
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

@Schuey wrote:Will they meet the pacing requirements? I don't know depends on how on much they are going to get paid to meet those requirements. Also if it looks like they won't hit those requirements what is stopping them from them trying to cash in on prize money from the race.

Then again maybe they will meet them and stick to the rules since he is their coach.

Hey Tim, do you know Pat Rizzo? Because if you do, since we are friends and you have spent time here at my house I guess I could say that I know Pat Rizzo also. Basketball Basketball Basketball

And because I'm married to Schuey and it's our house and Tim spent time there and he knows both of us, I know him too! Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball alien alien cat cat pig pig What a Face What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down