365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Mark B on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:25 pm

@Dave-O wrote:Here we go!

About time. They were jogging the damn thing.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16284
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Dave-O on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Fucking go!!!
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4701
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Dave-O on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 pm

This is shaping up perfect for Teg.
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4701
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Tim M on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:30 pm

Wow, did Hartmann crash or what?
avatar
Tim M
Poster
Poster

Posts : 414
Points : 3040
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 52
Location : 5280

View user profile http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Dave-O on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Ha 54 last lap?!?! I get why Rupp is hated on, but his talent is off the charts.
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4701
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Rupp poured it on in the end. I guess they all need practice running tactical races when they mmet up with the Kenyans. Tegenkamp surprised me - maybe he's back?
avatar
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 4818
Points : 11552
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 56
Location : Cleveland (Bay Village), OH/Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Rupp put it into another gear at the end.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5675
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  jdholland on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Nelson crumbled on the backstretch. Thought Teg might have something more for Rupp considering how slow it went out, but Rupp is clearly on a different level.
avatar
jdholland
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 20
Points : 2609
Join date : 2011-06-21
Location : Colorado Springs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Mark B on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Nice to see that Rupp can drop the hammer like that.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16284
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 pm

@jdholland wrote:Nelson crumbled on the backstretch. Thought Teg might have something more for Rupp considering how slow it went out, but Rupp is clearly on a different level.

Yeah but it is still a new event for Teg. I would think that the slow race tonight helps him for tomorrow. And the reason he might have not gone with Rupp at the end was to save himself a little for the 5000.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5675
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  jdholland on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:47 pm

@Schuey wrote:
@jdholland wrote:Nelson crumbled on the backstretch. Thought Teg might have something more for Rupp considering how slow it went out, but Rupp is clearly on a different level.

Yeah but it is still a new event for Teg. I would think that the slow race tonight helps him for tomorrow. And the reason he might have not gone with Rupp at the end was to save himself a little for the 5000.

That's a very good point. I had not thought of it that way.
avatar
jdholland
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 20
Points : 2609
Join date : 2011-06-21
Location : Colorado Springs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Alex Kubacki on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:25 am

It's going to be real interesting to see what Shalane decides to do for next year. She'll run the marathon trials and then she'll have a decision to make if it's that or the 10,000m in London.
avatar
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1252
Points : 4210
Join date : 2011-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 am

@Alex Kubacki wrote:It's going to be real interesting to see what Shalane decides to do for next year. She'll run the marathon trials and then she'll have a decision to make if it's that or the 10,000m in London.

Yeah it will there is no doubt that I think she can do well in the marathon at the Olympics but I would like to see her do the 10000. Then again I won't mind seeing her and Desi both running the marathon and maybe even having a chance of double medaling.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5675
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  healdgator on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am

I forgot about the TJ. Gators (Taylor and Claye) go #1 and 2. Christian Taylor is one of the top 10 Athletes in Gator history, any sport. Just amazing. Tony McQuay qualified #1 in the 400. I'll have to watch him. Demps qualified 4th in the 100m in 10.04. Like I mentioned before, if he does well, it will be bittersweet after he cost us the national title.
avatar
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Posts : 585
Points : 3283
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 44
Location : Orlando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  jdholland on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Rupp claims to be running the 5K tonight. Hard to say whether he really is or whether it's just more gamesmanship between Schumacher and Alsal's camps. I really hope he does run though. Solinsky, Rupp, and Lagat would make for an epic race.
avatar
jdholland
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 20
Points : 2609
Join date : 2011-06-21
Location : Colorado Springs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Dave-O on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:59 pm

@jdholland wrote:Rupp claims to be running the 5K tonight. Hard to say whether he really is or whether it's just more gamesmanship between Schumacher and Alsal's camps. I really hope he does run though. Solinsky, Rupp, and Lagat would make for an epic race.

I see no reason he couldn't. Last night was essentially a 9k tempo and 1k race for him.
avatar
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 4701
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

View user profile http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:00 pm

And with the 10,000m in the bag... what's he got to lose?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 4077
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Rupp's running! With Solinsky and Lagat... should be a great race!

Since the race isn't televised until the ESPN spot... should I not post results?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 4077
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Admin on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Last lap... Solinsky, Lagat, and Rupp...

Admin
Admin

Posts : 889
Points : 4077
Join date : 2011-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:25 pm

@Mr MattM wrote:Last lap... Solinsky, Lagat, and Rupp...

Don't you dear spill the beans.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5675
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Mark B on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:42 pm

@Schuey wrote:
@Mr MattM wrote:Last lap... Solinsky, Lagat, and Rupp...

Don't you dear spill the beans.

The USATF site was a little devious. They didn't broadcast the race, but they had the camera running - with the microphone turned on - during both the women's and men's races. Great performances out there! Very Happy
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16284
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Mr MattM wrote:Last lap... Solinsky, Lagat, and Rupp...

Don't you dear spill the beans.

The USATF site was a little devious. They didn't broadcast the race, but they had the camera running - with the microphone turned on - during both the women's and men's races. Great performances out there! Very Happy

Stop teasing me Mark! I have my ears plugged and eyes closed. UGH!!
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5675
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Mark B on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 pm

@Schuey wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Mr MattM wrote:Last lap... Solinsky, Lagat, and Rupp...

Don't you dear spill the beans.

The USATF site was a little devious. They didn't broadcast the race, but they had the camera running - with the microphone turned on - during both the women's and men's races. Great performances out there! Very Happy

Stop teasing me Mark! I have my ears plugged and eyes closed. UGH!!

I'll be good, Schuey. But it is worth staying up to watch.
avatar
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 7447
Points : 16284
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 54
Location : Vancouver, Wash.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:55 pm

@Mark B wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Mark B wrote:
@Schuey wrote:
@Mr MattM wrote:Last lap... Solinsky, Lagat, and Rupp...

Don't you dear spill the beans.

The USATF site was a little devious. They didn't broadcast the race, but they had the camera running - with the microphone turned on - during both the women's and men's races. Great performances out there! Very Happy

Stop teasing me Mark! I have my ears plugged and eyes closed. UGH!!

I'll be good, Schuey. But it is worth staying up to watch.

Oh don't worry I'm staying up to watch it! Thanks for getting me pumped about it though.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5675
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 pm

What up with Tyson Gay not running the 100m! Is that guy ever healthy.
avatar
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2160
Points : 5675
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 47
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum