365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin

Go down

I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin Empty I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin

Post  Dave P on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:20 pm

My HR mon for my Garmin 405 went kapult. I called tech support & they were excellent - sent out a new one right away. Very Happy (BTW, a new battery didn't help.) However, I received the "new & improved" soft strap. I hate it! Mad I hate the fact that you have to pull it over your head, & no matter how I adjust it, the plastic minicomputer in the middle digs into me. I have multiple cut marks in the middle of my chest. Garmin is sending out a new "old style" HR mon. I can't wait to ditch the soft strap one. bounce
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin Empty Re: I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin

Post  Kenny B. on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:27 pm

@Dave P wrote:My HR mon for my Garmin 405 went kapult. I called tech support & they were excellent - sent out a new one right away. Very Happy (BTW, a new battery didn't help.) However, I received the "new & improved" soft strap. I hate it! Mad I hate the fact that you have to pull it over your head, & no matter how I adjust it, the plastic minicomputer in the middle digs into me. I have multiple cut marks in the middle of my chest. Garmin is sending out a new "old style" HR mon. I can't wait to ditch the soft strap one. bounce

Wow! I have the the 305 with the old style strap which is great. The new strap seems silly. I really don't want to slide it over my head to put it on and off. It will mess up my hair (LOL) and pulling it over my head after running 20 in the summer just stinks literally! Rolling Eyes Nevermind the cut marks that is terrible.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin Empty Re: I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin

Post  Tim M on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:43 pm

I just bought the new 610 with the soft-strap HR monitor. Why would you have to pull it over your head?

There is a plastic clip that attaches the two ends of the strap together. The plastic housing snaps to the outside of the strap so I don't get how that would dig in either.

What am I missing?

I have cuts from the "new & improved" HR mon from Garmin 650w10
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:17 pm

I thought I might be missing something concerning the need to pull it over my head. However, once it drew blood, I didn't have much incentive to look into it further.

I'm having difficulties uploading an edited pic showing where it's cutting me. It's at the very bottom of your pic Tim.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  charles on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:14 pm

I'm probably missing something . . . but I have had the Garmin soft strap before and it "disconnected" on either side of of the HRM "chip" (the front of Tim's picture).
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:52 pm

@Dave P wrote:I thought I might be missing something concerning the need to pull it over my head. However, once it drew blood, I didn't have much incentive to look into it further.

I'm having difficulties uploading an edited pic showing where it's cutting me. It's at the very bottom of your pic Tim.

Nobody wants to see the pic anyway.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 pm

@Jerry wrote:
@Dave P wrote:I thought I might be missing something concerning the need to pull it over my head. However, once it drew blood, I didn't have much incentive to look into it further.

Nobody wants to see the pic anyway.

I'm sorry you are getting cut by it but I have to agree with Jerry on this one.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:16 am

I still don't get it. The new HR monitor strap is way better than the old one.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 am

@Tim M wrote:I still don't get it. The new HR monitor strap is way better than the old one.

I would agree it looks a lot like how polar does there HR monitor.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 am

@Schuey wrote:
@Tim M wrote:I still don't get it. The new HR monitor strap is way better than the old one.

I don't have any issues with the old one.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:44 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Schuey wrote:

The Garmin HR monitor (hard strap, not the "new and improved" one) is very susceptible to flapping jersey syndrome while cycling. Basically, the static buildup from a wicking fabric (not cotton) when descending or coming near/above 30mph causes it to read that your HR is 200-260. Obnoxious, but I've learned to circumvent it by wearing a cotton wifebeater under my jersey.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:45 am

@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Schuey wrote:

The Garmin HR monitor (hard strap, not the "new and improved" one) is very susceptible to flapping jersey syndrome while cycling. Basically, the static buildup from a wicking fabric (not cotton) when descending or coming near/above 30mph causes it to read that your HR is 200-260. Obnoxious, but I've learned to circumvent it by wearing a cotton wifebeater under my jersey.

So, I shouldn't have any issues with the 8mph that I am running Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 am

@Nick Morris wrote:
@Mike MacLellan wrote:
@Nick Morris wrote:
@Schuey wrote:

So, I shouldn't have any issues with the 8mph that I am running Smile

Unless it's into a 22mph headwind. Laughing But in all seriousness, I've experienced some very minor misreadings while running... Always at the beginning of a run, normally in a tech shirt (not cotton), and usually around power lines or running into the wind. They always go away in about 15-20 seconds.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:12 pm

I was trying to post a pic of the strap showing what piece of plastic is cutting into me. I wasn't going to show you a pic of my bleeding chest! Razz

I did figure out how to disconnect the strap - an easy/ simple thing that I was just not looking for. However, while waiting for an old style replacement, I tried the new style once more with tape over the plastic. The tape came off & the dang thing drew more blood. I probably just got a defective one - maybe the plastic that's cutting into me should be over the strap, but instead hangs below it.

I have since received an old style replacement & I'm much happier without a bleeding chest. Very Happy (Although, I might end up with scars!)
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:46 pm

@Dave P wrote:

I have since received an old style replacement & I'm much happier without a bleeding chest. Very Happy (Although, I might end up with scars!)

War wounds...just think of all of the stories that you can come up with on how you got them!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down