365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm still around & haven't forgotten you all

+2
John Kilpatrick
Dave P
6 posters

Go down

I'm still around & haven't forgotten you all Empty I'm still around & haven't forgotten you all

Post  Dave P Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:55 am

The problem is time & access.

I would like to keep in contact with you all that I still consider as my running friends. I hope to keep our friendships going even if I'm not able to be on here as often as I'd like. After work, my time is very limited & very busy. I also no longer have access to the forums at work. I can't even check-in quickly during a break, because the site is blocked.

If you haven't seen my posts elsewhere, I'm trying desperately to BQ again at the NJ Marathon on 5/5. I'm stoked more than ever because of the evil one week ago today. I want to be in Boston in 2014 in memory of the loss & in defiance to those who would want to cause harm to others. I'm capable of better than a BQ, but I've been plagued with injuries time & time again. This past training cycle was going extremely well. I even completed a 1st for me - a complete Yasso workout for my goal time, not just 6 or 8 intervals. I was doing everything right - scheduled recovery days, step-back weeks, strength training, good base to build on, slowly ramping the mileage up. Then, wham, another debilitating injury. Looking back, I really can't put a finger on anything I did wrong; it's just one of those things again. About 6 weeks ago, it started in my left side lower back/ hip/ piriformis area. I have been struggling to recover ever since. I've been treated with ultra sound, massages, etc. I've been able to cross-train (bike) with little to no discomfort, but attempts to run have been very discouraging. I started to run again last week, but it proved to be too much too soon, so I'm back to cross-training & more recovery/ rest. I'm still going to start the NJ Marathon in 11 days, but I don't know if I'll finish. It's a BQ, or bust race. If I'm not going to get a BQ, I'll DNF & save myself for another day. I'm praying, for God's glory, & for a testament to my fellowship with my fellow runners, & for peace/ safety for all that I'll get that BQ & be in Boston on Patriots day next year with many of you.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

I'm still around & haven't forgotten you all Empty Re: I'm still around & haven't forgotten you all

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 am

I'm with you on the injury bug thing Dave - hang in there and good luck...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

I'm still around & haven't forgotten you all Empty Re: I'm still around & haven't forgotten you all

Post  Natalie63 Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Now why would anyone want to block THIS site? Razz (I still see your training posts on FB).
Natalie63
Natalie63

http://www.lonewolfinthevillage.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Glad to have you visit whenever you can, Dave! Good luck with the race. I hope you get that BQ and not bust.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:16 pm

I hope you can avoid injury and still BQ! Sounds like a good race and a good strategy.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Good luck on out running the injury bug.

Also good that you checked in because we were about to give your parking place to Natalie. Wink
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum