365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Driftin & Dreaming...

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Driftin & Dreaming...

Post  Schuey on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Yes I'm here I have not fallen off the deep end! HaHa

I think today I will start with talking about my awesome daughter Kristina! I really meant to do some updating and blogging all week but this little girl name Kristina help make other plans for me. What the heck does she think the world revolves around her? Oh yeah it is all about her!!

No really I don't mind it at all being wrapped around her little finger, I would not have changed a thing that I have done over the last 6 months. I have enjoyed it so much spending all my time with her. I really know deep down that I would eventually get back to running and that I would find my motivation and balance. The other bonus I know have a new list of shows I like to watch: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Chuggington, Doc McStuffins, Secret Agent OSO, Jack and the Neverland Pirates, Tinker Bell!! Yes these are now all my new favorite shows to watch.

Keyword here is "balance", if there is one thing huge thing that Kristina has help teach me it would be that. I'm very impressed with myself that I was able to find balance in life within 6 months. There are several things that if they were different would have made the process much quicker but what fun what that be. It's all about the challenge of being able to be a great husband, great father and finding the time and balance to enjoy my running. I feel like I'm finally on that road!

I must add man this girl is getting big so fast where have 6 months gone already? I can't express how much I love her and all the joy she has brought to my life. I'm also willing to bet as time goes on she will also be a huge benefit to my running!

I do promise to post again today about running because I'm so pumped about it and I have had an awesome week of running so far!! It has been tough and the road is long but I'm already starting to see some light at the end of the tune just after 2 weeks.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 pm

I've got a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the pirates going at my house! No kidding it goes fast. Mine will be 5 in June and is headed to kindergarten in the fall. It's unbelievable. Enjoy every minute because it really does go by so fast.

Oh, and run a couple miles while you're at it!
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:36 am

I will start with this I LOVE RUNNING!!!! I love the thrill of a workout and pushing my body, mind, spirt and soul. I love the pain, hurt, joy and accomplishment of what it is like to push through a tough workout. Running gives the gift day in and day out of really helping me dig deep into my own soul to search and seek to find and know who I am.

Sure some of you may sit there and laugh at the above and that's cool. Really for me I truly open myself up to the sport and I love taking it all in and I love the gifts and feelings it returns to me. Not just on race day but day in and day out with training. Everyday is a race everyday is a challenge. Whether that race or challenge is starting the workout, pushing through the workout, picking up the pace, digging a little deeper when I feel tired and I want to quite it is those moments day in a day out that I live for from my running. I love the feeling of the thrill, pain, hurt, joy and excitement of running.

I have really found myself again through running over the last 2 weeks and the break away was well worth it, because it has reminded me of these things and feelings. I was so pumped tonight during my run and I could just feel the energy flowing through my blood as I clicked of the miles and could feel my stride getting stronger and my body and mind becoming stronger. It is all coming back and the momentum is gaining and yes I'm JACKED about RUNNING again.

I'm going to be realistic though about Boston this year. It really is just around the corner so my training all the way to Boston is going be basically about rebuilding that awesome aerobic base that I had. So that means I'm going to let Boston be Boston and just let the cards fall were they may come April.

North Country 50 miler in August well that is a different story goal is simple I want to win the race PERIOD!! With that being said if I don't win I want at least top 5 finish. I know that is a pretty bold statement to make and lofty goal but I'm putting it on the line and I'm going for it! What the heck might as well push myself some this coming year.

Chicago Marathon in October I would like to be in the position of feeling strong and health and try to go sub 2:40.

JFK 50 Miler I want a top 5 finish in my age group and I would like to shot for the time of 6:30 or better.

There you go that is coming from a guy that is pretty much quite about his goals. Sure some might laugh at it, some might think wow what a big ego. So be it that is cool but I know what type of athlete I am and what I'm capable of doing. The only thing now left to do is TO DO IT and by doing it all I can do is give 120% and put in the work and let the cards fall. Maybe I reach some of the above goals, maybe I don't reach any of them but I'm going to try and I'm going to try my hardest to reach or at least come close to reaching these goals.

As for running training last week I put in 75 miles which were tough miles but I got them in. This week things have started to feel like running again and my stride has started to really comeback and I feeling like a runner again. I'm the verge of putting in a 90 mile week this week. Awesome!!!!

"Well some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown
So I've started out, for God knows where
I guess I'll know when I get there"
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:35 am

Jeez, Louise! It's been six months already? At this rate, she'll be asking for the car keys next!

It's amazing how fast time goes... the days and weeks seem so, but the years fly. Mine will be 12 next month. 12!

I get a shot of adrenaline reading your posts when you get so excited about running. Go for it!
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:12 pm

@mul21 wrote:I've got a lot of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the pirates going at my house! No kidding it goes fast. Mine will be 5 in June and is headed to kindergarten in the fall. It's unbelievable. Enjoy every minute because it really does go by so fast.

Oh, and run a couple miles while you're at it!

Yep it sure has been going fast but like you said enjoying every minute of it. It is really cool watching her grow!

@Mark B wrote:Jeez, Louise! It's been six months already? At this rate, she'll be asking for the car keys next!

It's amazing how fast time goes... the days and weeks seem so, but the years fly. Mine will be 12 next month. 12!

I get a shot of adrenaline reading your posts when you get so excited about running. Go for it!

Yep 6 months already! "Where does the time go"? Oh boy the driving the care is going to be a fun time!!!!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 pm

So Today was AWESOME!!!!! Since old man winter decided to give us a nice day here in Chicago and Kristina is 6 months old, I decided to take her out for her first run! Lisa and I got her all dressed up and put her into the BOB and Lisa hopped on her new bike I bought her last year.

It was sure a cool family experience, Lisa on the bike, Kristina in the BOB and Dad breathing hard swearing he would never make fun of people pushing a running stroller. Yep just a tad tougher to do then just a normal run. I have to admit I was loving every minute of it with my family on January day on the Lakefront path.

I would have to say about 4 miles in I started to get the hang of it and was able to start picking up the pace. Ended up putting in 8 miles just slightly over an hour @ 7:37 pace. Last 4 miles were back into the wind which felt good and clipped off the last 2 miles in 7:19 and 7:04, not to bad for pushing the BOB the first time.

I can really for see these runs with Kristina and not only a fun time to spend with my daughter but also as great strength workouts!! I happy that it will be 61 out tomorrow so I can take her out for another run!!! AWESOME AWESOME!!!

Maybe I can get Lisa to come in here later and post a couple of pictures she took!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:29 pm

My daughter still loves jogging stroller runs. It's great for napping, too. Definitely gives your shoulders and arms a workout, too! We have a weather cover we really like, I don't know if you have it but it really does keep them toasty warm and the wind off. I don't know if you can use it while they're still in the car seat, though. We didn't get ours until her second winter.
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 am

It was a lot of fun today and I look forward to it tomorrow!

Julie - you are right, it was perfect for a nap. It knocked her out! We have the weather cover and it seemed to keep her toasty too. Here are a couple of pics:

Kristina ready for her run:

[img] [/img]

Daddy and Kristina:

[img] [/img]
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 am

Aww, so cute! And who's the proud daddy? Schuey is! Very Happy
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Dude, a 7:37 ave pace with 7:04 last mile pushing a stroller? So what is your recovery pace without the stroller 6:30, 6:45? Love the pics, can't wait to see you all one of these runs!
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Awwww!
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Did you get that damn treadmill yet?!
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:06 pm

@Bob wrote:Did you get that damn treadmill yet?!

Bob don't even go there! Delay after delay suppose to be shipped sometime now or next week. I did get them to knock off another 500 dollars for not having it ready to ship the first of Jan. They wanted to give me a free entry into Boston but told them I had already paid. They were going to give it to Lisa and she said no and told them that she would have to run a BQ before she runs Boston. Good for her, she did say it was temping!! HaHa
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm

@Mark B wrote:Aww, so cute! And who's the proud daddy? Schuey is! Very Happy

Dang right!!!! Loving life everyday and it's always a great adventure. Just like I'm sure you are Mark and the rest of the parents in our 365 community I will be a PROUD daddy for the rest of my life!! Simply AWESOME......
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:09 pm

@fostever wrote:Dude, a 7:37 ave pace with 7:04 last mile pushing a stroller? So what is your recovery pace without the stroller 6:30, 6:45? Love the pics, can't wait to see you all one of these runs!

Um I wish my recovery pace was 6:30 to 6:45 maybe someday....Yeah right!!!

Dude we totally look forward to seeing you! Some running, wine and dead what else would make the day any better? Don't even say it Foster!!!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:11 pm

@Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Awwww!

Thanks Michele, I know I'm pretty darn good looking. I get the "Awwwww" a lot from the women. Oh wait you are talking about Kristina and I thought over the last 6 months that all those "Awwww and smiles" were for me. I guess Lisa just allowed me to be in my own little fantasy world of wishing. HaHaHa
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:59 pm

@Schuey wrote:
@fostever wrote:Dude, a 7:37 ave pace with 7:04 last mile pushing a stroller? So what is your recovery pace without the stroller 6:30, 6:45? Love the pics, can't wait to see you all one of these runs!

Um I wish my recovery pace was 6:30 to 6:45 maybe someday....Yeah right!!!

Dude we totally look forward to seeing you! Some running, wine and dead what else would make the day any better? Don't even say it Foster!!!
Hey my buddy Al got me a free tic to see "Dark Star Orchestra" Saturday. Gonna check them out since a few of them are the ones teaming up for those Further shows. Curious, ya know.
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 pm

I haven't seen them in a long time. Aren't they playing at the Vic today? It should be a pretty good time. My dad is going to see them down in Ft. Meyers.
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 am

@Schuey wrote:I haven't seen them in a long time. Aren't they playing at the Vic today? It should be a pretty good time. My dad is going to see them down in Ft. Meyers.
It was a good show, place was hopp'n. A couple too many beers, just a light weight these days. hah!
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Hey Schuey, I'm back to the boards and thrilled to read your
inspiring and enthusiastic blog posts! First of all, Kristina is a
knockout! The photo of you pushing her in the running stroller brings
back great memories of me doing the same thing with my daughter, who
we shipped off to college this past fall. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but the time does fly.
As for your running, dedicating it to your grandpa is a wonderful thing and sure to keep you motivated. I'm sorry we won't get to hang out this year in Boston, but I look forward to keeping tabs on what you're up to.
Keep up the great work buddy!
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 am

Hey Dude,

I'm glad to see you getting some of that fire for running back. Coming back from a layoff can be tough, but I know if anyone has the mental toughness to do it, it's you. I'm in the same boat (well, no daughter, but coming back from getting out of the routine after a major life change), so when it's tough for me to get out the door, I'll just think I'm running with you, only 2,000 miles away. Smile

Keep up the good work as a daddy. Do well in the running stuff too.
Matt W
Poster
Poster

View user profile http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Martin, those are great pictures. Except for the last week, it's been a pretty good winter so I am hoping that spring comes early. She will really enjoy these rides.
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Stopped by to say "hi" Martin & Lisa.
30 lbs? Yikes!
Dave P
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi everyone yes I'm still here and yes I plan on updating my blog. I also plan on coming up with a plan to update more often. The key to that is getting my Mac fixed. Lisa dropped her's on top of mine and messed up the screen. Taking it to the Apple store this weekend to get it fixed. So that that will help.

I'm sure you all are just waiting with anticipation to hear about my comeback and the good and struggles that I'm having! In honest though I loving every moment of it and I know the long road to get back to my old running form will take some time and will be hard. In the end it is all going to be very very very worth it! Ok back to daddy duties, some cleaning and then out for a run this afternoon at some point!!

Cheers!
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Yes, yes....write some come back stuff...we're waiting!
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top