365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's become of Kenny?

+3
mul21
Admin
dot520
7 posters

Go down

What's become of Kenny? Empty What's become of Kenny?

Post  dot520 Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 am

Has anyone heard from him? Haven't seen him posting on Facebook much and was curious how he held up during Sandy.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

What's become of Kenny? Empty Re: What's become of Kenny?

Post  Admin Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 am

I heard a rumor that he and family are fine, but were still without power.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:30 am

I sent him a text yesterday and he got back to me saying everybody was fine but they were still without power.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:23 am

I think that he has awakened and become more aware of his souls (or is it sole?) purpose. He can't deny or ignore that purpose. He is, as always, moving forward! Geez, its hard to write in the style of Kenny. I'm glad to hear he's safe and sound and can come back here soon to do his own musing.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 am

Back to one of Kenny's earlier post, I think he should run the Brooklyn Marathon if they hold it - rather than Philly. Isn't he a Brooklyn native?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:52 pm

For those of us who miss Kenny, here are a few samples from his blog here. This will have to suffice till he is able to post again:

"From Heathen to Heavenly Vegan (There's no BBQ in BQ)

Vegan

My first outing to a restaurant. Well Diner where I had a client meeting. I ordered Oatmeal w/fruit and when it arrived I noticed it was swimming in heavy cream. I asked is this made with dairy and she said "YES". I asked if they can just make it with hot water. She said "it's pre-made". I ended up with a bagel, strawberries, banana and Orange Juice. Not ideal breakfast overall but it will have to suffice.

Running
Woke up this morning at 5:30am to heavy heavy rain, so I waited a bit and thankfully by 6:00am it was limited to light rain at best. Headed out for 8 @ GA pace! Longest run since the marathon. I ran pretty quickly and felt quite nimble at 7:40 pace a bit on the fast side. HR was out of the zone around 163 but considering the warmer temps and a bit humidity it was all good in the baldo hood!

July 2 I start training for Philly. In order to manage my time I might start a new blog just based on the training minus the personal and vegan rants. I have spent little time both on here and if less on Facebook and substitute it with some inner peace work and service.

Doing some continued service work for others and still a vegan without the ranting.

See you on the dark side, sucka's!
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:56 pm

I just saw that Kenny post on Facebook, so he is indeed alive. He was waiting in a long gas line this morning...

What's become of Kenny? 66523710

But making good use of his car chargers....

What's become of Kenny? 66507110

Hang in there, Kenny!

(Good advertisement for those in-car chargers. Maybe I need to get one myself, just in case...)
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down