365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superstorm Sandy stuff

3 posters

Go down

Superstorm Sandy stuff Empty Superstorm Sandy stuff

Post  mul21 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 pm

I got in touch with Kenny and they made it through the storm in one piece. No power still, but everybody is okay.

Any tales of craziness from any of you east coasters?
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Superstorm Sandy stuff Empty Re: Superstorm Sandy stuff

Post  Michael Enright Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Very boring in central CT. We had no damage and did not lose power (lights just flickered a few times). Sounded like the end of the world all night with the wind howling constantly, but in the end was a lot easier than Irene or the Halloween weekend nor'easter last year, which did a lot more damage here.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm not on the east coast, but you would think we had a direct hit here. I'm sure it is nothing like NY/NJ is experiencing, but I can tell you that we had it worse than Boston or the rest of upper NE. We lost power on Monday night, regained it early this morning, only to have it go out periodically all day. Currently, I am on a back up battery connection to the internet. Winds were up to 50-60 mph off Lake Erie and my entire townhouse was shaking Monday night. We were lucky as we appear to have no real damage, but many of the units in our subdivision have no siding, no gutters and downspouts, and no roof shingles. I heard that 13 boats from the local marina where swept out into the lake to sink. The waves were so high that they had to shut down I90 east of the city as the water was flooding the highway.

My little city is in ok shape except the majority of the city is without power as is the next closest city to Cleveland on the west/lake side. Inland communities have power and don't have all the downed trees, power lines, and debris - but some of them had snow squalls. Very strange for me as I feel like I've been through a hurricane (at least how they used to affect GA), but it has not yet stopped raining. It has been raining since Friday. When the power comes back on and if the rain let's up, I'll snap some photos.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum