365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TONIGHT for $0.75! Cubs vs Astros

+5
Dave-O
JohnP
Michael Mitchell
Michele "1L" Keane
ounce
9 posters

Go down

TONIGHT for $0.75!  Cubs vs Astros Empty TONIGHT for $0.75! Cubs vs Astros

Post  ounce Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm

The Houston Chronicle had a screenprint of StubHub's website where they have tickets for tonight's battle between the 106 loss Astros vs the 99 loss Cubs that start at $0.75!!!

The Astros have clinched worst record in the Majors, this year, so there's no way for the Cubs to sink as low or lower.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2012/10/01/stubhub-has-astros-cubs-tickets-listed-for-75-cents/

No pushing or shoving, please.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

TONIGHT for $0.75!  Cubs vs Astros Empty Re: TONIGHT for $0.75! Cubs vs Astros

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Too funny! Back in the day, my husband and I went to an Indians - Red Sox game in the old Municipal Stadium here in Cleveland. Municipal Stadium was built during the depression and seated 100,000 as it was really for football, but the Indians played there as well. Thank god the depression ended or it would have seated 200,000. Anyway at the time (late 1980s), both teams were pretty awful and I swear there were no more than 200 fans in the stadium despite the beautiful afternoon on the lake. I even believe this game was talked about in SI once. The tickets cost $1. The Braves had some similar games in the late 1980s as well where you could walk in for free after the 2nd inning.

If it is worth anything, Doug, the Texans seem to be legit.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Mitchell Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:03 pm

As a diehard Cowboys fan, I thank goodness the Texans are in the AFC. Yeah, they are looking good. There is a sense of deflation in our household. My wife's beloved Saints are 0-4. Not good. Add to that, the Cowboys and Saints play in December against each other. The Astros. I have been a fan since I was a child. Man, I just hope that they can win 70 games next year.
Michael Mitchell
Michael Mitchell
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.letsrun.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 pm

ounce wrote:The Astros have clinched worst record in the Majors, this year, so there's no way for the Cubs to sink as low or lower.

Sorry, but the Cubs have the all-time record for sinking lower, it's not possible to go lower.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Two terrible teams, PLUS, the Bears play the Cowboys on Monday Night Football. You honestly couldn't pay me $50 to sit through 9 innings at Wrigley tonight.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Wow, that is a great deal...but I'd rather be at home than watch that game Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:If it is worth anything, Doug, the Texans seem to be legit.

They sure seem to be. And they don't appear to be shot with themselves, just a relaxed bunch.

Michael Mitchell wrote:As a diehard Cowboys fan, I thank goodness the Texans are in the AFC. Yeah, they are looking good. There is a sense of deflation in our household. My wife's beloved Saints are 0-4. Not good. Add to that, the Cowboys and Saints play in December against each other. The Astros. I have been a fan since I was a child. Man, I just hope that they can win 70 games next year.

This Texans team reminds me of the Cowboys in the early 70's. I, too, was a diehard Cowboys fan. Got to see them at the Cotton Bowl playing the Browns in a playoff game in 1969, just before the merger. I believe they got beat. We drove up from Houston to see them.

The Texans play next Monday night against the Jets, Packers the following Sunday night. The Bears on a Sunday night in Chicago in November and at the Patriots in December on a Monday night. Oh, and Turkey Day in Detroit.

They just have to stay healthy. They are fun to watch.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:21 pm

But the Astros have deals like that all the time.

I went to a game I think 2 years ago, and, for $10, you got a ticket, a hot dog, a soda, bag of chips, and a Lance Berkman t-shirt. How were they not losing $ on that deal!?

Oh and parking, in the stadium lot, was $5, I think.

I'm so happy they're moving to the AL, because at least I can then go watch the Red Sox play in A/C comfort, rather than in Arlington. Very Happy
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Too funny! Back in the day, my husband and I went to an Indians - Red Sox game in the old Municipal Stadium here in Cleveland. Municipal Stadium was built during the depression and seated 100,000 as it was really for football, but the Indians played there as well. Thank god the depression ended or it would have seated 200,000. Anyway at the time (late 1980s), both teams were pretty awful and I swear there were no more than 200 fans in the stadium despite the beautiful afternoon on the lake. I even believe this game was talked about in SI once. The tickets cost $1. The Braves had some similar games in the late 1980s as well where you could walk in for free after the 2nd inning.

Remember the riot on 10 cent beer night?
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 pm

fostever wrote:
Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Too funny! Back in the day, my husband and I went to an Indians - Red Sox game in the old Municipal Stadium here in Cleveland. Municipal Stadium was built during the depression and seated 100,000 as it was really for football, but the Indians played there as well. Thank god the depression ended or it would have seated 200,000. Anyway at the time (late 1980s), both teams were pretty awful and I swear there were no more than 200 fans in the stadium despite the beautiful afternoon on the lake. I even believe this game was talked about in SI once. The tickets cost $1. The Braves had some similar games in the late 1980s as well where you could walk in for free after the 2nd inning.

I wasn't here then, but my husband talks about it all the time. I guess they had to conceded the game.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
fostever wrote:

I wasn't here then, but my husband talks about it all the time. I guess they had to conceded the game.
Yes they conceded. A fan jumped on the field and tried to steal a Texas Ranger's hat. The player tripped and Billy Martin thought he was being attacked so he had their players grab bats to defend him and then all hell broke loose. Crazier than Disco demolition, hah!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim fredericks Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:42 am

Got tickets for Brewers vs Astros last week on StubHub for $2 and Brewers were still in the race at the time.
Jim fredericks
Jim fredericks
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down