365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive?

+14
Chris Coleman
Mike MacLellan
dot520
Julie
fostever
mountandog
ssilvert
Ben Z
Michele "1L" Keane
Jerry
Admin
Nick Morris
Dave-O
T Miller
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive? Empty All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive?

Post  T Miller Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:06 am

Hey All,

I'm thinking about taking over the duties of maintaining the all time record holders page and I'm wandering if there is interest?

I've been in touch with Kenny and I would take the existing spreadsheets and bring them up to date. Then I would try my hand at keeping them current. If you're interested then please respond to this thread otherwise I guess I'll just let it die.

T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive? Empty Re: All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive?

Post  Dave-O Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:25 am

I vote yes.

But I also say we open up the all-time one to all years, so we can get all the slots filled in. Then maintain a separate yearly best spreadsheet.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive? Empty Re: All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive?

Post  Nick Morris Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 am

I like Dave's idea...my vote is yes.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah, let's keep it alive... part of that, though, means we need people to do some RACING around here! Get after it, ya'll!

All Time Record Holders, Are you interested in keeping this alive? 1078438882

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Of cause, as long as Tim is in the game, Jerry is too. It's not over. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Sure - it is kind of fun, and I can live vicariously through it.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Sure.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ssilvert Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Da
ssilvert
ssilvert
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm in
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Sure, if you'll exclude Dave B from our AG or add honorable mentions! Wink
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm going to run a slow marathon on Sunday but there are no female 30-35 marathon times posted right now so I get to set a record?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:51 am

I'm in because Michele is moving into my 'old' age group and will be the star while I'm starting up the new 55-59 age group for women and might be able to fill a slot or two. sunny
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:38 am

Can we nix people's records from their age groups as they grow out of them? I will never run faster than Dave-O. Very Happy

But keep my marathon. Wink
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Coleman Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:53 am

Yes please. As long as no one joins me in the 65-69 age group, I'm pretty sure of getting a mention!
Chris Coleman
Chris Coleman
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 pm

fostever wrote:Sure, if you'll exclude Dave B from our AG or add honorable mentions! Wink

He doesn't run marathons or many halves - so there will be competition for those spots.

Julie wrote:I'm going to run a slow marathon on Sunday but there are no female 30-35 marathon times posted right now so I get to set a record?

All yours!

dot520 wrote:I'm in because Michele is moving into my 'old' age group and will be the star while I'm starting up the new 55-59 age group for women and might be able to fill a slot or two. sunny

Ha! Set the bar for me when I move up in 4 yrs.

Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:12 am

Well, it is awesome to hear that there is interest. I'll get it started as soon as I can.

T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Bussard Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
fostever wrote:Sure, if you'll exclude Dave B from our AG or add honorable mentions! Wink

He doesn't run marathons or many halves - so there will be competition for those spots.

Records are there to make everyone to train harder, run faster, set goals, be a better runner and to be broken.... But I kind of lost interest in this when I started seeing complaints about my times being too fast! C'mon, that's crazy. It is after all, a record board. Just as some of you want to see your name there, it really is embarrassing to see your name across the board...So no, I don't care to play anymore. Because really, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter anything to anyone how fast we run but to ourselves.
Dave Bussard
Dave Bussard
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:55 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Sure - it is kind of fun, and I can live vicariously through it.

....multiple records held by this fast lady!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

Dave Bussard wrote:

Records are there to make everyone to train harder, run faster, set goals, be a better runner and to be broken.... But I kind of lost interest in this when I started seeing complaints about my times being too fast! C'mon, that's crazy. It is after all, a record board. Just as some of you want to see your name there, it really is embarrassing to see your name across the board...So no, I don't care to play anymore. Because really, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter anything to anyone how fast we run but to ourselves.

Dave, I personally like seeing your name and times there. It gives me something to shoot for or at least a measure to show what is possible.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 am

T Miller wrote:
Dave Bussard wrote:

Dave, I personally like seeing your name and times there. It gives me something to shoot for or at least a measure to show what is possible.

+1. But to me, not because I am shooting to break them, but more of I can say I know a guy(sorta) who ......lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 am

Jerry wrote:
T Miller wrote:
Dave Bussard wrote:

+1. But to me, not because I am shooting to break them, but more of I can say I know a guy(sorta) who ......lol!

+1
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Can we post like the top three people from each age group?? Otherwise Dave and Matt will take all of my records Sad
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Can we post like the top three people from each age group?? Otherwise Dave and Matt will take all of my records Sad

If you have to have some recognition, consider join a girl's recreational soccer team where everyone gets a trophy after a season. lol!

Last edited by Jerry on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Jerry wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Can we post like the top three people from each age group?? Otherwise Dave and Matt will take all of my records Sad

If you have to have some recognition, consider join a girl's recreational soccer team. lol!

They would still beat me Sad
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 pm

yes I would like top 3 as well I could dream to be up there
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next