365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honest Abe Trail Marathon

2 posters

Go down

Honest Abe Trail Marathon Empty Honest Abe Trail Marathon

Post  charles.moman Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:00 pm

http://www.honestabetrailrun.com/

I had read about this event, but kind of forgot about it.
Someone on the Indiana Trail Runners web site mentioned it and said there were still openings.
It is a low key event with a maximum of 100 for the 14k or marathon.
I decided a couple of hours to go for it and run it like a nice training run.
I also got a cabin in the park to stay in.

It is located in southern Indiana in the Lincoln State Park and the route basically runs around the perimeter of the park.
There is a beautiful amphitheatre where plays and musicals are done in the summer.
In the park is the Little pigeon Creek Baptist Church and cemetery - Lincoln's sister, Sarah died during childbirth and she and her child are buried there. Not far away in the Lincoln Boyhood National site is the location of the Lincoln family cabin where Lincoln lived from the age of 7 - 21. His mother, Nancy, died here and is buried near the cabin site. I have been there many times filming for educational filmstrips and for one of my Lilly Fellowship projects.

As of tonight, there are only 26 signed up for the trail marathon and I am the oldest.
We do 3 loops and the 14K folks do just one.
It is not very technical and not a zillion terrible hills.
I look forward to another nice run in the woods on Sunday morning.
I think I will try my Hoka Bondi B shoes in the event.

Last edited by charles.moman on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

http://www.charlesmoman.com

Back to top Go down

Honest Abe Trail Marathon Empty Re: Honest Abe Trail Marathon

Post  amyjoann Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:35 pm

good luck Charles! sounds interesting looking forward to a great race report maybe with a little film ?
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down