365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Second At-Bat to BQ - Hartford

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Second At-Bat to BQ - Hartford

Post  Michael Enright on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 am

Packet pick up was easy (as usual for this race), and I just needed my drivers license, nothing else.

This race may sell out this year - first time!
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks Everyone. Still kind of dealing with this small cold. It hasn't really affected me on the runs this week. I'll see how affects me over 26 though.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Alex - if I don't manage to track you down before you get into the chute, Good Luck! I think you will run a great race, so long as the cold doesn't gang up on you!
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:17 pm

3:26:40. Legs weren't there today. At the half my legs felt like they'd gone 20 already, and I went out conservative too. I gave it all I had but the legs just didn't want to cooperate. I'm going to have to look at my training to see what's going on. I'm not unhappy as I gave it all I had.

Didn't see Michael but did see he had a finishing time so big congrats for doing two in two weeks.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:56 pm

@Alex Kubacki wrote:3:26:40. Legs weren't there today. At the half my legs felt like they'd gone 20 already, and I went out conservative too. I gave it all I had but the legs just didn't want to cooperate. I'm going to have to look at my training to see what's going on. I'm not unhappy as I gave it all I had.

Didn't see Michael but did see he had a finishing time so big congrats for doing two in two weeks.

Alex, sorry to hear your legs wouldn't cooperate with you, and thanks for the shout out! I'll post a race report in a bit. I looked for you when I was running north on the long out and back to South Windsor (with the turnaround at about mile 17), thinking that for sure I'd be able to pick you out as you came back down the other side of that road, but couldn't pull that off. Of course, I also miss mile markers during races, so how attentive can I be??!

What's next for you?
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Thought I'd see what your training looked like. My first reaction is too many back to back long runs like 22 one day then 12 the next. For me that 17 miler with a fast finish 2 weeks out could be why your legs were heavy during the race. My take would be you need more true recovery after your long runs. Were you following a particular program? You mentioned you thought you might have over-trained, I'd say, good possibility. You did really well on tired legs for sure, good luck on your next attempt, sorry i'm so late to the party here.
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am

@Michael Enright wrote:What's next for you?

Not sure. Need to find a good one for the spring.

@fostever wrote:Thought I'd see what your training looked like. My first reaction is too many back to back long runs like 22 one day then 12 the next. For me that 17 miler with a fast finish 2 weeks out could be why your legs were heavy during the race. My take would be you need more true recovery after your long runs. Were you following a particular program? You mentioned you thought you might have over-trained, I'd say, good possibility. You did really well on tired legs for sure, good luck on your next attempt, sorry i'm so late to the party here.

I didn't follow a particular plan. Just sort of made it up which probably wasn't smart as I don't have that level of experience yet. I'm sure you're right about not enough recovery after the long run. I think I'm going to get a set plan for the next one. Thanks for the input.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top