365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our latest home project - a funky retaining wall!

5 posters

Go down

Our latest home project - a funky retaining wall! Empty Our latest home project - a funky retaining wall!

Post  charles.moman Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:24 pm

We took out some big trees that were in bad shape.
Then had a new and bigger concrete driveway installed.
Next we wanted to add some flowers - so we decided to add a retaining wall.
Susie googled "cheap retaining wall" and found an idea using 40 pound bags of concrete.
We did two layers, drowned them in water and today I peeled off as much of the bags as I could.

Here is a little video of the final wall - the flowers & evergreens will be growing down over the walls this summer. We are pleased.

charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

http://www.charlesmoman.com

Back to top Go down

Our latest home project - a funky retaining wall! Empty Re: Our latest home project - a funky retaining wall!

Post  amyjoann Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:08 pm

wow great idea! I think it looks great!
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Our latest home project - a funky retaining wall! Empty Re: Our latest home project - a funky retaining wall!

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:24 pm

I like it, Charles, but I am happy to be leaving my large yard and trading it in for a (no maintenance) lake front view.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 am

That's a pretty cool way to do it. Sure beats having to set forms or block and mix up a batch of quickcrete yourself.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am

Very clever! And it looks good, too. Approval
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down