365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't you love just waiting for new shoes?

+3
Mrs. Schuey
Tim M
Kenny B.
7 posters

Go down

Don't you love just waiting for new shoes? Empty Don't you love just waiting for new shoes?

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:40 pm

I am anticipating a delivery from Fed-ex before 3pm today on a pair of new shoes Adidas Ace 3 thanks to recommendation from Jim I believe. I got my orthodics ready along with my running socks sitting here salavating like a kid a candy shop with $10 to spend. bounce

I will tell you I have no expectation for them to fit. But more of a preference. I can't even anticipate them fitting as I never wore these before nor do Adidas usually fit me well. (Narrow).

Why am I ranting on about waiting for shoes. There is got to be something wrong with me. Oh yea I am runner!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Don't you love just waiting for new shoes? Empty Re: Don't you love just waiting for new shoes?

Post  Tim M Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm

At least yours are showing up today. I won a free pair of shoes from Brooks and I have to wait for October before they ship. Ugh.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Don't you love just waiting for new shoes? Empty Re: Don't you love just waiting for new shoes?

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Tim M wrote:At least yours are showing up today. I won a free pair of shoes from Brooks and I have to wait for October before they ship. Ugh.

That is just wrong!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:14 pm

My package according to Fed-Ex missed its flight so therefore I will not be receiving my new shoes until Monday. Ain't that grand! I can tell you from my experience Fed-Ex has always been a nightmare. I guess it was not meant for me to receive these shiny new shoes. Sad
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Kenny B. wrote:My package according to Fed-Ex missed its flight so therefore I will not be receiving my new shoes until Monday. Ain't that grand! I can tell you from my experience Fed-Ex has always been a nightmare. I guess it was not meant for me to receive these shiny new shoes. Sad

Sad Sad I'm sorry Kenny....that's so not cool on FedEx's part. I loved the analogy of being a kid with $10.00 in a candy store when awaiting the arrival of new shoes! Martin and I are exactly the same! I'm like that with a running shirt from the Team ALZ that's supposed to be coming in the mail. Every day at lunch I check the mailbox...nothing. It's comparable to Ralphie and Little Orphan Annie and waiting for the decoder ring from Ovaltine...
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:My package according to Fed-Ex missed its flight so therefore I will not be receiving my new shoes until Monday. Ain't that grand! I can tell you from my experience Fed-Ex has always been a nightmare. I guess it was not meant for me to receive these shiny new shoes. Sad

Sad Sad I'm sorry Kenny....that's so not cool on FedEx's part. I loved the analogy of being a kid with $10.00 in a candy store when awaiting the arrival of new shoes! Martin and I are exactly the same! I'm like that with a running shirt from the Team ALZ that's supposed to be coming in the mail. Every day at lunch I check the mailbox...nothing. It's comparable to Ralphie and Little Orphan Annie and waiting for the decoder ring from Ovaltine...

It is comparable to OCD. But I am aware of it! cheers Although since I am aware of it it really is just OC. No longer a disorder.

Thanks for your sentiments. Monday will be an exciting day!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:40 pm

You get your new shoes tomorrow!!!! The decoder ring will be here! bounce bounce bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:49 pm

No I don't...

I order from RunningWarehouse...they have 2 day free shipping...and the suspense still kills me...

But there is nothing like getting that new pair in the mail and you open the box and are overwhelmed by that wonderful new shoe scent. That makes the waiting worth it Very Happy
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:18 pm

Nick Morris wrote:No I don't...

I order from RunningWarehouse...they have 2 day free shipping...and the suspense still kills me...

But there is nothing like getting that new pair in the mail and you open the box and are overwhelmed by that wonderful new shoe scent. That makes the waiting worth it Very Happy

Agree. I got shoes but could not test them out at work as I forgot orthodics. Home now will review soon.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:No I don't...

Agree. I got shoes but could not test them out at work as I forgot orthodics. Home now will review soon.

Soooo?? Did you try 'em out?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:17 pm

I haven't tried them out yet, but I got my new pair of NB 905s in the mail yesterday from Running Warehouse for under $60. Just in time to replace the old ones that are about to get retired after ~400 miles.

They have such unbelievable deals on their close out shoes if you know what works for you!
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:10 pm

mul21 wrote:I haven't tried them out yet, but I got my new pair of NB 905s in the mail yesterday from Running Warehouse for under $60. Just in time to replace the old ones that are about to get retired after ~400 miles.

They have such unbelievable deals on their close out shoes if you know what works for you!

I agree...RunningWarehouse is by far my favorite place to purchase running shoes and apparel. You really can't argue with the deals they have.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
mul21 wrote:I haven't tried them out yet, but I got my new pair of NB 905s in the mail yesterday from Running Warehouse for under $60. Just in time to replace the old ones that are about to get retired after ~400 miles.

I agree...RunningWarehouse is by far my favorite place to purchase running shoes and apparel. You really can't argue with the deals they have.

Well since we can't agree on the fantasy running league we sure can agree on what you just about runningwarehouse!!!

So Kenny how did they feel have you tried them out yet? Inquiring minds want to know what Kenny thinks!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Well since we can't agree on the fantasy running league we sure can agree on what you just about runningwarehouse!!!

So Kenny how did they feel have you tried them out yet? Inquiring minds want to know what Kenny thinks!

Ok I did post somewhere on here about the shoes. I wear orthodics so the shoes did not fit well with them. They were to narrow and not deep enough which means it pushes my foot up higher towards the laces basically not comfortable at all. Without the orthodics just to give a honest review they felt much better but still a bit narrow for my foot. The heel toe ratio seemed normal which I prefer for a long run shoe vs something more flat for racing etc.

To bad the blue color was HOT!

Right now I have ronin 2's which I love need to buy more I see and ronin 3's which are good but lighter and only use for speed work or racing. Recovery using precisions 11 which are fine.

Eventually ronins 2's will be gone and I will be in a pickle. Really having trouble finding something.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Ok I did post somewhere on here about the shoes. I wear orthodics so the shoes did not fit well with them. They were to narrow and not deep enough which means it pushes my foot up higher towards the laces basically not comfortable at all. Without the orthodics just to give a honest review they felt much better but still a bit narrow for my foot. The heel toe ratio seemed normal which I prefer for a long run shoe vs something more flat for racing etc.

To bad the blue color was HOT!

Right now I have ronin 2's which I love need to buy more I see and ronin 3's which are good but lighter and only use for speed work or racing. Recovery using precisions 11 which are fine.

Eventually ronins 2's will be gone and I will be in a pickle. Really having trouble finding something.

Well like you Kenny I also use custom orthotics and if you do get the Oregon's you should not have any problem with the orthotics fitting in them. Also I can't remember the weight on them but I think that the Adios's might be a good selection for you also but you might find that your orthotics are a little snug in them mine our fine but we could have didn't orthotics and plus I'm sure we have different feet. Anyway sorry that they didn't workout for you. Bummer. Good news is runningwearhouse is really good about returns. We sent back a pair of Lisa's shoes just recently (Nike Lunar Racers) actually last week and they are all ready shipping the new one's out.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:15 pm

ill try orgeons order tomorrow. Thanks! Mine are custom also wont run without them.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Kenny B. wrote:ill try orgeons order tomorrow. Thanks! Mine are custom also wont run without them.

cool I hope they workout for you. Yeah I won't even try running with my out mine.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:ill try orgeons order tomorrow. Thanks! Mine are custom also wont run without them.

cool I hope they workout for you. Yeah I won't even try running with my out mine.

Just ordered them had to go with Zappos at $75 bucks other place did not have my size. Have them tomorrow. If these don't fit I am going to order a Ronin 2's while they still have them. Should have bought more of the ronin 2's when on sale for like $45.00 now it's like $95.00 in my aize with not many left.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 am

Well Kenny, the thread says "don't you just love WAITING for shoes," so why doesn't this make you HAPPY?
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:26 pm

fostever wrote:
Well Kenny, the thread says "don't you just love WAITING for shoes," so why doesn't this make you HAPPY?

Got my new pair of Oregons trying them on now.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down